Cord cutter here, and I have a question..

LeBleu

Does ESPN+ carry all games? I'm wondering because I did the bundle for Disney plus since I already have HULU. ESPN+ comes with the bundling, All for 12 bucks plus change. Any one know?

Does ESPN+ carry all games? I'm wondering because I did the bundle for Disney plus since I already have HULU. ESPN+ comes with the bundling, All for 12 bucks plus change. Any one know?
No, it’s ESPNs premium channel with its own programming. They do carry select games but you still need ESPN for regular programming and SEC network

ESPN+ is a stand alone service that costs $5 a month, you don’t need to have an ESPN subscription to get it. ESPN+ has different games only available through them and are different from games offered on ESPN channels.

Does anyone have YouTube tv that can share their experience? I have HULU live which I love but they keep increasing the price so exploring other options.

Reactions: BDP!
Does anyone have YouTube tv that can share their experience? I have HULU live which I love but they keep increasing the price so exploring other options.
Just switched from Hulu to YouTube 2 weeks ago. I didn't really have a huge problem with Hulu but Youtube's DVR is light years better and the guide is better. For me, it's definitely an improvement.

They haven't formally announced it yet, but YouTubeTV is going to have a price increase between $15-25/month next year, depending on what channels and DVR capabilities you want. So buyer beware.

The problem with all of the streaming services is that they are all hemorrhaging money. Their programming costs are the same as cable companies, but they can't make money by selling you internet. The business model for them was to build subscribers quickly, then increase the price to less than cable, but still expensive. They're all going up sooner rather than later, or they'll just fold like Playstation Vue is.

I love it overall but it buffers like crazy on live sports. And no, it's not my internet speed as it's lightening fast.

Other live stuff just is fine and it's not just me, a lot of subscribers complain about it. If that one bug could get worked out it'd be near perfect

Reactions: RollerVol
They haven't formally announced it yet, but YouTubeTV is going to have a price increase between $15-25/month next year, depending on what channels and DVR capabilities you want. So buyer beware.

The problem with all of the streaming services is that they are all hemorrhaging money. Their programming costs are the same as cable companies, but they can't make money by selling you internet. The business model for them was to build subscribers quickly, then increase the price to less than cable, but still expensive. They're all going up sooner rather than later, or they'll just fold like Playstation Vue is.
Agree100%. Wouldn't be surprised to see cable/dish to see a comeback.

Absolutely nobody outside of Sling is profitable right now

Agree100%. Wouldn't be surprised to see cable/dish to see a comeback.

Absolutely nobody outside of Sling is profitable right now

Sling isn't profitable, either. For the orange and blue package, their programming cost is $42.50 and they charge customers between $25-40, depending on promotions. Big push from Dish shareholders to dump it because they're bleeding subscribers to themselves.

It's both fascinating and terrifying to people in the industry.

I've got just the plain old free YouTube and it's got everything I want to watch. There are 3 or 4 live college games on every saturday. It may not be the vols every time but they are high quality games.

The best thing I have ever done with TV is to disconnect my DirecTV. I type in what I want to watch on YouTube (not YouTube tv) and dont have to surf through 150 worthless channels of filth...and its free.

I love it overall but it buffers like crazy on live sports. And no, it's not my internet speed as it's lightening fast.

Other live stuff just is fine and it's not just me, a lot of subscribers complain about it. If that one bug could get worked out it'd be near perfect

I have never had that problem. Even with 4 phones, an Xbox, and the TV running. Sometimes all at once.

Sling isn't profitable, either. For the orange and blue package, their programming cost is $42.50 and they charge customers between $25-40, depending on promotions. Big push from Dish shareholders to dump it because they're bleeding subscribers to themselves.

It's both fascinating and terrifying to people in the industry.
Depends on who you ask, CEO claims they are. They push people to not take locals and get them OTA. They may be spending $ on R&D, etc but claim to be in the black on content

"We still believe we're the only profitable , gross margin basis OTT provider out there,” said Schlichting on the company’s Q1 Earnings Call.

Either way, streaming isn't currently a long term viable business for anyone at today's prices.

I had Hulu live, switched to YouTube tv a while back and in my opinion Youtube tv is far better. Switch, you won’t regret it.

Reactions: FlVols

I've never seen YouTube tv buffer. I'd say it's time to upgrade hardware. Of course I do have a Google mesh system. Anyone that streams in HD needs to consider a mesh WiFi system.

I've never seen YouTube tv buffer. I'd say it's time to upgrade hardware. Of course I do have a Google mesh system. Anyone that streams in HD needs to consider a mesh WiFi system.
But why does it buffer only on YouTube and specifically just live sports. Seriously asking.

YouTube tv's basic package is 49.99 and that's standerd for local channels regular cable channels and espn's it has pac12 and big 10 and dvr but I could careless if they go up on price they will just loose my money. They have no installers or construction people they have to pay for just content they are making a killing.

Well, with the free YouTube I've watched Florida/Missouri today and now Auburn/Georgia. Bought the $29.00 Chromecast device to put on the back of the tv and downloaded YouTube. Heck yeah!

Hey guys, not tech saavy and still subscribe to DirecTV as I we enjoy NFL Sunday ticket.

Trying to watch the UT s Washington game. Do I need to purchase ESPN + which is about $50 for 12 months, or will the bundle of ESPN 3, Hulu and Disney Plus allow me to watch the game?

VN Store

Back