Cooper Mays not going through senior day

I’m optimistic but just to play devils advocate, could possibly mean he plans on hitting the portal and wanting to go through senior day at a different school he has in mind?

Doubtful. The Mays family are minor royalty with UT Football. They seem to like things that way.

Big bro coming back here to play with Cooper did a great deal to further cement the legacy.

Weird to see a dawg here
He ain’t a dawg. He’s a band wagoner. He was a Tide fan before they didn’t make the playoffs. He was probably a Gator at an early age. He also says GEUX Sooners, too. A very confused individual that celebrates the win with whoever that may be and his jersey collection looks like a clown orgy.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I dont think we will either honestly. I think this will be a 9-3 team next season IF we grab 2 serviceable Olinemen from the portal that can actually compete for starters. Maybe 1 starter and 1 good backup like Karic is for us this year. I read that he gets the most reps as a backup this season on the Oline. I think CJH will lock down 9 wins next season, but again in 2025 we will challenge for the East and make the 12 team playoff. Same for 2026. Bama is gonna be the top ranked team then, based on their recruiting anyway. Their classes recently have been so loaded and ranked 1st or 2nd for 3 years in a row. Thats a deep, extremely talented team for 24, 25, 26... college ball has never been more topheavy than it is now. The top 5 or 6 teams are absolutely loaded compared to everyone else. Our 2024 class is elite like that...but not quite as good on paper as Bama/UGA classes. If CJH can make the 2024 class the new standard at UT though...75% bluechips ranked 4* or 5*...if we can land a class like that every season, it is high enough to win another Chip in the playoffs. Thats a big "if". We need to bring a laundry list of top recruits for the Flarduh game....and beat their brains in. Hopefully night game like Bama last season. That game is a big part of why we landed the 24 class...our unrivaled gameday atmosphere, WITH Gameday crew on campus. We need to do that yearly if at all possible.

Go VOLS
Not gonna be no more East starting next year

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This is huge. We still need to grab 2 Olinemen and a good WR from the portal though IMO. With a solid Oline next year is a 9-3 season, with a good Oline and some help at WR for Squirrel we could see 10-2 and a shot at the 12 team playoffs next season in 2024.

2025 is a playoff season IMO regardless. Nico will have a full season under his belt...the now young WRs of Webb, Leacock etc will all be juniors and seniors. We should be really good in 2025.
Winning 10 would require beating Oklahoma, Alabama, or Georgia. Going to be tough, but it can happen.

We need our OL to be better than it was this year. Getting Cooper back would be a step in that direction. Also need some playmakers to emerge in the passing game. Squirrel is solid but we need a better top target. Interested to see what Ethan Davis and Mike Matthews can do. Need a big bodied WR… Bru coming back would help.

If Nico can play up to the hype… and if our OL gets better… and if our passing game becomes respectable… Dylan Sampson is going to be on a lot of Sportscenter highlights.

I’m not worried about defense as much, because I respect what Tim Banks has done with very little talent.

VN Store

Back