Control Of House 2022

Do you think gerrymandering is wrong?
Do you believe it should be illegal?
Yes to both and the Maryland court seems to think so, also.
The term gerrymander speaks for itself. It is an extreme form of redistricting specifically intended to bend boundary lines for a specific political advantage.

They say it is a messaging problem. I disagree totally. Their message is being delivered loud and clear.

Dem Strategists Warn Of 'Biblical Disaster' At Midterms After Doing '******* Horrible Job' | ZeroHedge

Inside the DNC, Democrats are blaming 'bad messaging' for their abysmal polling.

Strategists aren’t the only ones giving Democrats poor marks. Earlier this month, Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, said Democrats need to do a better job touting their achievements.

“I’m not quite sure what the disconnect is between the accomplishments of the administration, and this Congress, and the understanding of what’s been done, and the impact it will have on the American public, and some of the polling and the ongoing hand-wringing,” Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

She said the party has “a good case to make if we get our focus in the right place to do it,” arguing Democrats have “a lot of good accomplishments to be putting up on the board. And the Democrats in office and out need to be doing a better job of making the case.” -The Hill

Dems retreat on crime and police reform

The signs of the Democratic Party’s evolution on crime are everywhere — and go beyond defeats suffered by the “defund the police” movement in Minneapolis and elsewhere last year. As the midterm elections pick up, Democrats are calling for more police funding and attempting to co-opt traditionally Republican talking points on crime.

https://www-politico-com.cdn.amppro...13/dems-crime-law-and-order-politics-00024875

Rhode Island Republican drops congressional bid, clearing way for Fung

Rhode Island GOP state Sen. Jessica de la Cruz dropped out of the 2nd Congressional District race late Thursday and endorsed her primary opponent.

De la Cruz, 40, who started her campaign last month, conceded Allan Fung was the party's best chance for victory and said the ideal place for her to serve at the moment is the state Senate. Her endorsement could propel Fung's bid to become the first GOP congressman from Rhode Island in decades.

Nevada Law Enforcement Rescinds Rep. Susie Lee Endorsement, Backs Republican Candidate

The law enforcement group that backed Vulnerable Democrat Rep. Susie Lee (D-NV) in 2020 has since rescinded its endorsement and now backs her likely Republican challenger, April Becker.

NV Law Enforcement Rescinds Dem Endorsement, Backs GOP Candidate

Former stripper running for Congress says 'climate emergency' partially prompted decision to get an abortion
Alexandra Hunt was a part-time stripper and recently started an OnlyFans account during her run for Congress

A Pennsylvania candidate for the U.S. House has been open about her past as a part-time stripper in college and her decision to get an abortion when she was 18.

Alexandra Hunt, who is running for the Democratic nomination for a Philadelphia-area congressional district, has used her past to drive attention to her progressive campaign platform, including by starting an OnlyFans page for herself that is not associated with her campaign.

In a May 2021 video posted to Twitter, Hunt described what led her to get an abortion a decade ago.

"When I was 18, I was part of the 2% of people who can get pregnant on birth control and I found out I was pregnant. And I decided that I was not ready to bring a child in this world and I decided to get an abortion," Hunt says in the video.

Hunt went on to say that the state of the world back then, and today, was not the kind of place she would want to bring a child into anyway. "I as a person was not ready to bring a child into this world, but also the world was not in a state — and is not, 10 years later, is not in a state — that I wanted to bring a child into yet, which is my decision to make," she said.

Former stripper running for Congress says 'climate emergency' partially prompted decision to get an abortion

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Alexandra Hunt was a part-time stripper and recently started an OnlyFans account during her run for Congress

A Pennsylvania candidate for the U.S. House has been open about her past as a part-time stripper in college and her decision to get an abortion when she was 18.

Alexandra Hunt, who is running for the Democratic nomination for a Philadelphia-area congressional district, has used her past to drive attention to her progressive campaign platform, including by starting an OnlyFans page for herself that is not associated with her campaign.

In a May 2021 video posted to Twitter, Hunt described what led her to get an abortion a decade ago.

"When I was 18, I was part of the 2% of people who can get pregnant on birth control and I found out I was pregnant. And I decided that I was not ready to bring a child in this world and I decided to get an abortion," Hunt says in the video.

Hunt went on to say that the state of the world back then, and today, was not the kind of place she would want to bring a child into anyway. "I as a person was not ready to bring a child into this world, but also the world was not in a state — and is not, 10 years later, is not in a state — that I wanted to bring a child into yet, which is my decision to make," she said.

alexandra-comp-02.jpg

I'm here for the continued degradation of our society and I'm enjoying it. This is democracy at work.

Dems retreat on crime and police reform

The signs of the Democratic Party’s evolution on crime are everywhere — and go beyond defeats suffered by the “defund the police” movement in Minneapolis and elsewhere last year. As the midterm elections pick up, Democrats are calling for more police funding and attempting to co-opt traditionally Republican talking points on crime.

https://www-politico-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.politico.com/news/2022/04/13/dems-crime-law-and-order-politics-00024875?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&_amp=true&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16499023782283&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/13/dems-crime-law-and-order-politics-00024875

Too late. The whole country knows where they really stand except when election season rolls around.

Reactions: BreatheUT

Rhode Island GOP state Sen. Jessica de la Cruz dropped out of the 2nd Congressional District race late Thursday and endorsed her primary opponent.

De la Cruz, 40, who started her campaign last month, conceded Allan Fung was the party's best chance for victory and said the ideal place for her to serve at the moment is the state Senate. Her endorsement could propel Fung's bid to become the first GOP congressman from Rhode Island in decades.

This is what the R’s should have done wrt the GA Senate races to avoid Warnock and Osoff winning those seats. They should have had a strategy session, understood the chess moves that needed to be made and certain candidates remove themselves from contention, egos be damned.

They say it is a messaging problem. I disagree totally. Their message is being delivered loud and clear.

Dem Strategists Warn Of 'Biblical Disaster' At Midterms After Doing '******* Horrible Job' | ZeroHedge

Strategists aren’t the only ones giving Democrats poor marks. Earlier this month, Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, said Democrats need to do a better job touting their achievements.

“I’m not quite sure what the disconnect is between the accomplishments of the administration, and this Congress, and the understanding of what’s been done, and the impact it will have on the American public, and some of the polling and the ongoing hand-wringing,” Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

She said the party has “a good case to make if we get our focus in the right place to do it,” arguing Democrats have “a lot of good accomplishments to be putting up on the board. And the Democrats in office and out need to be doing a better job of making the case.” -The Hill

It’s more than messaging. They’ve passed nothing that improves things as a whole. Student debt cancellation, defund the police, assault on abundant energy sources, mandatory mask and vaccine mandates, etc. They’re delusional if they think their messaging on the heels of pushing this agenda is going to make people forget who they really are.

Illinois Dem Pays Another $25K in Donor Funds to Political Rival She Bribed

Democratic congresswoman Marie Newman (Ill.) paid another $24,500 in donor funds to a political rival she bribed to keep out of her primary race.

Newman's disbursements to Palestinian activist and terrorist sympathizer Iymen Chehade came over a three-month period, from January to March 2022, the Democrat's latest campaign finance disclosure shows. Newman has paid Chehade nearly $80,000 since the pair settled a breach of contract lawsuit in late June, which stemmed from an employment agreement Newman signed promising Chehade a six-figure job in her office in exchange for his commitment not to run against her.

After the Washington Free Beacon reported on those payments, fellow Illinois Democrat Sean Casten—who is running against Newman in the state's Sixth Congressional District—called on Newman to release the details of her settlement with Chehade. But the ongoing scandal does more than jeopardize Newman's political standing in the race. Federal law prohibits a candidate from promising employment "for the purpose of procuring political support," and the House Office of Congressional Ethics says it has "substantial reason to believe" Newman did just that.

Illinois Dem Pays Another $25K in Donor Funds to Political Rival She Bribed

This is what the R’s should have done wrt the GA Senate races to avoid Warnock and Osoff winning those seats. They should have had a strategy session, understood the chess moves that needed to be made and certain candidates remove themselves from contention, egos be damned.

Could not agree more. Kemp and Loeffler cost the country those two seats. I said she was going to lose well before the election and that she would drag down the rest of the ticket. They and the Republican Party of Georgia were too arrogant and believed they could get away with having a rich hack being a US Senator. I was actually surprised it was a close as it was.

You can't be a democrat and a moderate in today's political climate. Once they vote down the liberal party line, they are liberal democrats
He’s a bit of an enigma as compared to his current political affiliation. Listen to him talk issues sometime

New York's Highest Court Blocks Democratic-drawn congressional map over gerrymandering

(CNN) New York's highest court blocked the state's Democratic-drawn congressional map Wednesday, concluding that the new boundaries represented a partisan gerrymander that violates the state constitution.

The court ruled that a new map must be created for the 2022 election. New York's primary election is scheduled for June 28, but the judges wrote it will "likely be necessary" to move the congressional elections to August.

The ruling is a blow to Democrats, as they had viewed redistricting in New York as one of their best chances to shape district lines in their favor. New York lost a congressional seat after the 2020 census, and the blocked map would have given Democrats an advantage in 22 of the state's 26 congressional districts.

Two lower courts had already ruled that the map, which was drawn and passed by Democrats in the New York legislature and signed by Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul, was an unconstitutional gerrymander.

New York's highest court blocks Democratic-drawn congressional map for gerrymandering - CNNPolitics

Muslim voter turnout grew in 2020

Nearly three-quarters of registered Muslim Americans voted in 2020, according to a new report.

Nearly 1.1 million Muslim voters cast a ballot in the 2020 election, turning out in numbers large enough to swing the presidential race in key battleground states, according to a new report.

Muslim voter turnout grew in 2020

'Defund Police' Democrats Poised to Expand Power in party in 2022 midterm elections

House Democrats poised to Move Further Left after midterms

Progressives who support defunding the police are poised to make up a greater share of congressional Democrats after this year's midterm elections.

House Democrats are projected to see their numbers shrink in the midterms, but their most far-left members – like New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez – aren't in any danger of losing their seats, due to the deep blue nature of their districts.

That fact alone means progressives will likely constitute a larger proportion of the caucus than they do now. But AOC and her allies are also poised to add to their numbers. In several safe blue districts, far-left Democrats have either won their primary or have a good chance of doing so.

'Defund police' Democrats poised to expand power in party in 2022 midterm elections

Could not agree more. Kemp and Loeffler cost the country those two seats. I said she was going to lose well before the election and that she would drag down the rest of the ticket. They and the Republican Party of Georgia were too arrogant and believed they could get away with having a rich hack being a US Senator. I was actually surprised it was a close as it was.
Maybe losing those seats was a blessing in disguise. If the Republicans would have Held onto the Senate majority, the Dems would have blamed everything on an „obstructionist Republican Senate“ but nope, the Dems own it now and cannot pass the buck. They have sole possession of the driver‘s seat s the car speeds over the cliff
actual footage of Democrat House and Senate leadership
3D72CB7E-DBDE-4A71-8DB4-903BBBD8C7A7.gif

Last edited:

VN Store

Back