Congrats!! And a few post game thoughts...

The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.

Surprised you feel good about the future under Napier after that.

The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.

To point #3…I don’t necessarily disagree…but given where we were when Heupal took over wouldn’t you agree that we’re way ahead of schedule on closing that gap?

Reactions: UTwild82
It went pretty much the way it should have OP. Napier is on on a learning curve and we have Willie Martinez. AR is beautifully inconsistent, and we had Jeremy Pruitt to recruit much of this team. We both know nothing about how this game plays out next year, or the direction of our respective teams. But I will say in all honesty that Heupel is a next level coach compared to Napier, and that gives me confidence that we have a slight edge going forward for the near future.

Appreciate the comments except "Florida has much more upside talent wise" If Napier is not the answer and Heupel is... sorry, it won't be the case.

The better team won.

OP have you seen TNs recruiting class? Talent won’t be an issue. But feel free lol

Appreciate the comments except "Florida has much more upside talent wise" If Napier is not the answer and Heupel is... sorry, it won't be the case.

To an extent. If I wasn’t a UT fan and you asked me which school was easier to recruit to, it would be UF. Especially with FSU and Miami being trash.

Funny that any Gators fan would downplay this Vols win, but also expected. They've won the East 3 times since 2015, finished in the top 10 twice, won a NY6 bowl. As much as they cry about their program being in shambles because they hate Mullen, it's simply not. At least not comparable to where ours was and has been.

The Vols football program was DEAD in Jan 2021. And now we are absolutely cooking on offense.

Sorry, but things are changing in a hurry in Knoxville.

The better team won.

You don’t think Tennessee can get better talent on defense? At TE? On the OL? At RB? At LB? At DB for heavens sake?

This program was buried 2 yrs ago while Florida was playing toe to toe with the National Champions in the SECCG. Tennessee has been limited in recruiting, both hs and transfer portal since JH got here.

If the truth was known, Napier probably declined to talk to Tennessee 2 yrs ago when Heupel was hired cause the Tennessee job was in such a ditch. Moral victories will last about a week for Napier at Florida. He better find a way to beat a LSU or someone similar. 7-5 there wont get any parades.

Reactions: barrylee and Aesius
The better team won.

I’ll allow it but only for your AVI! Other than that, GTFO we won and you didn’t!

The better team won.

Agree with most everything. Though on your number 3 I will say this. We may have not turned the corner yet, but it is within grasp. This win will monumentally help our recruiting, and hurt yours.

If Florida doesn’t make a bowl this year, and Tennessee wins next year in the swamp I will definitely be saying that. Heupel making a bowl in year one, and Napier failing to do so would be a pretty big statement that would easily turn the tide. It would hurt the Florida program more than most UF fans are willing to admit.

Napier is an average coach who's offense has no potential.
Our passive defensive strategy gave Florida all those opportunities.

Florida is trash...

Tennessee needs to get better. Should have won 45-27...

Obviously you never heard of being gracious in victory. Plus, if Florida is trash then the Vols are garbage, I’m thinking your wrong on both counts.

Reactions: EasternVol
The better team won.

Please give Napier an extension and raise. He has you guys going places.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia
Lord that felt good seeing Tennessee beat Florida it seemed like 100 years since Butch's squad beat the Gators in 2016.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
My post game thoughts: Napier is a moron. He made so many questionable decisions this game. I’d be shocked if Florida is able to keep their class together.

There are certain things in football, such as going on 4th and whatever yardage deep in your own territory, that you just never do. The percentages generally never work in your favor. Florida did that all day long and were lucky as h311. Even if they only convert half of those 4th downs it is a Tennessee blowout. Florida used all the luck they had for the rest of the season tonight. Napier may not be very good.

All that being said I am very proud of this Tennessee team for pulling out a win where so many past Tennessee teams have folded.

Florida is like our own personal terminator, They just keep coming and won't stop until you are DEAD!....The ending was giving me nightmares as I could ust picture them somehow getting a miracle play and winning the game at the end...It's happened sooo many times in the past...If that had happened i would've personally gone to Haiti and brought a voodoo priestess to gainesville and have her put a horrible curse on the UF football program lol

The crazy thing is when Milton gets it figured out he will be better than Hooker. Nico waiting on deck and Tavyen ready to step in.

These Hooker type performances aren’t going anywhere.

Reactions: SAPPER 5

VN Store

Back