Congrats!! And a few post game thoughts...

This is the third game I’ve watched that Napier made stupid decisions, regarding time outs and going for it on fourth down. He’s been bailed out every time up until this game. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think Napiers football IQ is very low. I doubt he makes it past 3 years in Florida.
He is a moron. No way around it. Going for 2 on that TD was so laughably dumb I’m surprised any gator fan wants to defend this guy

Reactions: OrangeDrip
you mean the part where TN was missing their best receiver, and Floridas qb played so far out of his shoes it wasn't even funny?
He didn't have to play out of his shoes, we were in zone coverage all game! Everyone knows when he is pressured he is good for an INT or TWO

Reactions: mpfvol
The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.
Clown. We’re over the hump and Billy “Munster” Nappier will pay for decisions he made if he continues against future UT teams

Congratulations as well.

Florida needs to get on the trail and recruit a whole bunch of talent.

And if Tennessee wants to win championships, they have to do something about that defense.

I believe we run the schemes we do on D because of talent deficiencies. Obviously we don’t have a single shut down corner on the roster and our LBs are weak in pass coverage as well (surprised Florida didn’t force Banks to cover a RB). I think we, too, need to get on the recruiting trail and bring in some elite talent across the board.

Napier is an average coach who's offense has no potential.
Our passive defensive strategy gave Florida all those opportunities.

Florida is trash...

Tennessee needs to get better. Should have won 45-27...

I disagree. Napier prepared his team well for this game. Some of you say Florida played out of their shoes and some will say Florida is just an "average" team and Tennessee didn't play to it's potential. Time will tell, but I think both teams are solid top 15-25 teams. I don't think either is a top 10-15 team yet.

I agree with all the OP's points, except maybe #3. He might not be far off, but it's a bit early in the season to tell regarding the talent. Time will tell how both coaches can recruit as well.

The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.

Florida's DBs usually make a huge impact. Not this year.
Tennessee's D needs huge NIL boost. Only way to even out the recruiting disadvantage.
Vols are back to being undisputed WR-U. This offense will continue to capture the cream.

I'm speaking long term. I just think UF has a lot of built in advantage that we have not been realizing. I do think Napier has made that a priority.

But that is down the road. A couple of years. So enjoy the big win tonight, it is much deserved !

Lawgator, appreciate you coming on the Volnation boards. Good game. Yes, it will be interesting to see how both our coaches recruit in the next couple of years.

The better team won.

We won without our best offensive player. That’s all I need to know.

The better team won.

I will say this we beat you when on3 and 247 and other outlets say yall were the more talented team. You can blame it on first year in system....what ever our defense was gutted when pruitt left plus his lack luster recruiting period. I like you lawgator but we are scratching surface right now......a better defense yall would been ran off field.....tall will recruit better as well. It will be a back and forth moving forward as well chase the dogs.......it will be interesting for all 3 teams in years to come. Make no mistake I think yall were more talented team but we were better team. Had we not sat on ball gsme would not have been in danger at the end

I do not gone a $h!t how this game played out.
UT Just needed a win. However it occurred. We played and proved we belong where we are.

I could care less about any commentary. For UTK…we won. Where in the history of UTK we would find a way to lose…we won. We won…

we effin won.

If Napier refuses to punt all year, Gators will implode before J-Ville.

Gotta give Vols' D a little slack. Nobody in the SEC refuses to punt. It's a loser, long-term.

Reactions: OrangeRaid Vol #1
The difference? Richardson. Played a really good game, but missed some opportunities and put the ball on the ground late. Hooker did a lot of the opposite.

Both teams need to improve depth and talent, not for this rivalry but because both are trying to complete with GA and AL. Those two are on a different plane right now.

Both teams have a much higher ceiling wrt personnel. Both have growth to realize but maybe one has slightly less distance to get there (it's not TN). There may be a coaching change or two mixed in there too.

VN Store

Back