Congrats!! And a few post game thoughts...

Got to give credit where it’s due. Florida gave UT’s defense a lot of problems. Napier is a solid offensive mind and it showed. He got those guys ready to play today. What a game! I am ready for the series to turn a corner but I’ll settle for a W any day. Finally get to say this: best of luck to the Gators the rest of the year. See y’all next year!

The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.
Napier is an average coach who's offense has no potential.
Our passive defensive strategy gave Florida all those opportunities.

Florida is trash...

Tennessee needs to get better. Should have won 45-27...

The better team won.

1) The obvious difference in the game was Hooker. We made it easy on a couple of those long throws for you. It was more his elusiveness and turning what should have been 5 yard losses into 30 yard gains.

2) The officiating was absurdly bad. Comical at times. Either you have some mechanical issues there with the clock or the clock operator has issues.

3) You wont like this but I am not prepared to say that UT has long term turned the corner in terms of the rivalry. Just not sure UT has that much more upside potential talent wise whereas UF has significantly more potential.

4) Agree with those who say that UT should have blitzed a lot more than you did.

5) Richardson is a puzzle. Clearly enormous athletic talent. Just not able to consistently connect with receivers. Many balls wide of the mark or well overthrown.
I think you'll need a new coach before you're ready to out-potential anybody.

But your players played hard. Congratulations for making it closer than I thought it would be.

Go Vols!

Our defense was terrible!! We had better grow up over the two weeks! The defensive coaches need an ass chewing this week with results! Vols had better reexamine its late game time management as well!! Great win, obviously it should have been by a much larger margin!!

Last edited:
Congratulations as well.

Florida needs to get on the trail and recruit a whole bunch of talent.

And if Tennessee wants to win championships, they have to do something about that defense.

You've missed it: Nobody can play defense in college football anymore. Defense is a relic--has been for a few years. For one thing, any team with a solid QB and passing game is going to score a lot of points because most college DBs simply aren't very good. Biggest difference between college football and NFL is quality of DB play, IMO. Having said all that, yes, our defense needs to be better!

The better team won.

You have a lot more faith in Napier than is reasonable.

Reactions: rwemyss
you mean the part where TN was missing their best receiver, and Floridas qb played so far out of his shoes it wasn't even funny?

I'm speaking long term. I just think UF has a lot of built in advantage that we have not been realizing. I do think Napier has made that a priority.

But that is down the road. A couple of years. So enjoy the big win tonight, it is much deserved !

The better team won.

My post game thoughts: Napier is a moron. He made so many questionable decisions this game. I’d be shocked if Florida is able to keep their class together.

VN Store

Back