Comments on Tennessee-OleMiss game

Congrats to Ole Miss for the win. The Lady Vols could have and should have won this game tonight, but could and should are not rewarded. The team had little to no sense of urgency, particularly in the 2nd half. Ole Miss punched us in the mouth, and we did not punch back. Yes, the X's and O's can be debated, but tonight we got outplayed, out hustled, and out tough. Ole Miss just wanted it more, and that can't happen under any circumstances. There has to be a burning fire inside in the heat of competition, especially in conference play on "We Back Pat" night. This team has more than enough talent to make some noise for the rest of the season, and in the conference tournament, but they have a lot more fight in them.
Quit screaming!
Do you feel if you bold all of your words, it makes it more effective
Maybe go for larger font too,,,possibly all CAPS

I watched the final five min before going back to the Ravens - Chiefs game.

The Lady Vols self destruct with to many turnovers. I am not sure if it’s talent, scheme, or something else. It wouldn’t surprise me if AD White fires Harper (end of season) or gives her an ultimatum to make staffing changes.

The players are giving their all so I feel for them. But the I understand the frustration for diehard fans since they buy tickets and support the program.

Harper has done nothing to correct the turnovers...remember the season with three 27 turnover games. Turnovers can be improved if you use the Coach Barnes method....make a turnover in practice and the player has to run from the flood to the top and back each time. She cannot recruit either and her husband assistant coach is a complete loss.

Looks like the Lady Vols shot themselves in the foot. Now they have to upset LSU to have a chance at making the NCAA tournament. Plus win the remaining games except South Carolina. I think they can be excused on that one. But they need to avoid a blow-out on that one. Let's see your thoughts on today's game.
Lady Vols are missing the ncaa tournament for the 1st time ever this year. Just go ahead and accept it and maybe it won’t sting so much on selection day.

Reactions: Score50
So who should our next coach be??
That is the big question and a hard one to answer. I know who it can't be still debating who it could be. It can't be Kara Lawson, Walz, or Banghart of NC. It is not going to be Wes Moore already said he is staying at NC State until her retires. I'll be interested to see who Danny White hires cause I really don't think Kellie will be back after this season. I don't see this team doing enough for her to be back. It would take a tourney bid and at least a sweet sixteen or elite eight and that isn't happening. I don't think getting into the tourney should save her job. We needed to be at least a top 15 team this season and make a huge tourney run so that job hasn't been done.

The team is unwatchable. Are their feet glued to the floor? Kelly is terrible. She tries to act and sound like Pat. It doesn’t work. Kelly is Holly 2.0. Wait, I take that back. Holly was better.

Reactions: Score50
That is the big question and a hard one to answer. I know who it can't be still debating who it could be. It can't be Kara Lawson, Walz, or Banghart of NC. It is not going to be Wes Moore already said he is staying at NC State until her retires. I'll be interested to see who Danny White hires cause I really don't think Kellie will be back after this season. I don't see this team doing enough for her to be back. It would take a tourney bid and at least a sweet sixteen or elite eight and that isn't happening. I don't think getting into the tourney should save her job. We needed to be at least a top 15 team this season and make a huge tourney run so that job hasn't been done.
Yeah, I agree unfortunately. If she had knocked the recruiting class out of the park, it might give her another year, but it didn’t happen. At this point, we’d have to upset both SC and LSU to have a chance at a 20 win season, plus Bama has given us fits down there recently and vandy has confidence for the rematch at home after playing us so close here. It’s just a sad situation

This has been said on here before so just repeating: good AD's, as White has proven to be, already have a potential coaching list for each of the major sports teams under there watch for the 'just in case' scenario.

Kellie is not a terrible coach but its clear now, she does not have the coaching resume to attract the elite players and the LV brand can no longer do that by itself. The who we can get is big elephant in the room but we have to believe White has some replacements in mind when he decides to pull the trigger. And if he does IMO, Kellie should be treated with class and respect and not just fired.

This has been said on here before so just repeating: good AD's, as White has proven to be, already have a potential coaching list for each of the major sports teams under there watch for the 'just in case' scenario.

Kellie is not a terrible coach but its clear now, she does not have the coaching resume to attract the elite players and the LV brand can no longer do that by itself. The who we can get is big elephant in the room but we have to believe White has some replacements in mind when he decides to pull the trigger. And if he does IMO, Kellie should be treated with class and respect and not just fired.
Would be an ideal assistant coach somewhere. Nothing wrong with being a successful assistant coach of a big program.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I never would have imagined with the support they have for lady Vols basketball it would have fallen this far. South Carolina is now what Tennessee used to be for women’s basketball in the SEC. I used to love watching that hounding defense of Tennessee that wore its opponents down. Now it wears me down suffering through most games and I have slowly gotten to the point of not caring anymore.

Couple of things:
1. Elite players are not primarily drawn to awesome facilities. They want to play now and are reluctant to wait their turns as in the past.
2. Elite players want to play for the recruiting coach. (Will coach be around for 4 years?)
3. Elite players want to be coached.
4. I don't want to discuss NIL and portal opportunities.
5. Elite players want to play for a successful coach.
6. NCAAW basketball environment has changed over the last 15 years. Mainly, elite players are pretty much spread over many colleges. (SC is exception due to exceptionally good recruiting). The coaching has improved over the same time. Also, some "elite" freshmen are starting and having impacts. (Fulwiley, Hildalgo, Arnold, etc.)
7. TN and for example Uconn are dealing in their own ways with the changing landscape and team injuries.
8. This weekend was an example of "on any given day" top 10 teams were beaten.
I think the TN/Uconn dominance of the past may never be achieved again. But, give Dawn time and she just may achieve it. As always, never say never.

VN Store

Back