Coming after Vitello

Why? He just won a NC three years ago.

Former Oregon State coach Pat Casey unlikely to become LSU's next baseball coach: sources

Because of this ⬇️

Casey, 62, won three national titles during a 24-year tenure at Oregon State, but he retired in 2018 with a complicated legacy after allowing star pitcher Luke Heimlich to remain on the roster....Heimlich pleaded guilty as a teenager to a felony charge of molesting a 6-year-old female family member in Washington, writing in court documents “I admit that I had sexual contact with my niece.” His criminal history became public in 2017 when The Oregonian reported on it, but Casey and then-president Ed Ray allowed Heimlich to return to the team for Oregon State’s national championship-winning season in 2018. Heimlich told Sports Illustrated in 2018 he had not committed the crime to which he pleaded guilty, saying he believed the guilty plea and five-year sex offender registry stint was his “best chance at a normal life.”

Louisiana's food is good but it's not THAT good. Not enough to compete with the threat of hurricanes, constant rain, near 80* dew points in the summer and no Fall. Especially if I were coming from Oregon, which has pretty good weather and climate, especially compared to Louisiana.

Respectfully disagree. The food is that good. But you're right about all the negatives. Best thing is just to visit once in a while and eat a lot and then go home.

Kendall Rodgers, the managing editor for D1 Baseball, was just asked about Vitello potentially leaving UT in a livestream. He answered by saying: “Yeah, he’s not going anywhere. My prediction is that he will stay at Tennessee and he’ll sign a deal that’s worth about $1.2 to $1.4 million with pretty much a new ballpark.”

Because Bruin logic is perpetually black and white.

I know Bruin. I disagree with him on the issue of how likely TV is to leave UT. Of course, at the end of the day, neither of us REALLY knows what’s in TV’s head and what he wants. We’re both basing our opinions on what makes sense to us.

That said, Bruin is a great guy who has forgotten more about baseball and college baseball in particular than most will ever know. I’m really surprised at how many personal attacks he receives on this board. Maybe I shouldn’t be.

I’m not picking on you in particular, cnchris, as you’re one of the best posters on Volnation and I’ve seen far worse from other posters. But I’m comfortable enough with my positions that I can still respect Bruin’s without the need to marginalize. Just sayin.

Reactions: txbo and cncchris33
I know Bruin. I disagree with him on the issue of how likely TV is to leave UT. Of course, at the end of the day, neither of us REALLY knows what’s in TV’s head and what he wants. We’re both basing our opinions on what makes sense to us.

That said, Bruin is a great guy who has forgotten more about baseball and college baseball in particular than most will ever know. I’m really surprised at how many personal attacks he receives on this board. Maybe I shouldn’t be.

I’m not picking on you in particular, cnchris, as you’re one of the best posters on Volnation and I’ve seen far worse from other posters. But I’m comfortable enough with my positions that I can still respect Bruin’s without the need to marginalize. Just sayin.

I don’t think anyone hates Bruin. But, I’ve seen him be more overtly negative about the university of Tennessee than most posters on the board. I think most just push his buttons in hopes of trying to get him to be positive about something….well really just anything. Whether it’s Rick Barnes post-season record, TV leaving, the football program, etc. I struggle to think of anything he actually enjoys about Tennessee sports.

I don’t think anyone hates Bruin. But, I’ve seen him be more overtly negative about the university of Tennessee than most posters on the board. I think most just push his buttons in hopes of trying to get him to be positive about something….well really just anything. Whether it’s Rick Barnes post-season record, TV leaving, the football program, etc. I struggle to think of anything he actually enjoys about Tennessee sports.

The Rick Barnes postseason record is a more overrated narrative than the Butch Jones underused Kamara one.

Reactions: cncchris33
The Rick Barnes postseason record is a more overrated narrative than the Butch Jones underused Kamara one.

Agreed. Last season was a disappointment, but it’s hard to not be excited about what Barnes’ has done for the program, especially with the trajectory of our recruiting lately.

Agreed. Last season was a disappointment, but it’s hard to not be excited about what Barnes’ has done for the program, especially with the trajectory of our recruiting lately.

Lotta luck involved in the NCAAT. But for FIVE erroneous official rulings at the end of the Purdue game a few years ago, Tennessee is in the E8 and, I think, the F4. But basketball is so officiating-driven.

And if not for some luck for Baylor early in this past NCAAT, Drew is still an “NCAAT Choker.” Instead, he’s now an NCAA champion.

Barnes is the same coach in the regular and postseason. Things just haven’t gone his way many times in the NCAAT. But he still has a Final 4 and three Elite 8s under his belt.

First off, I appreciate the kind words. I respect you as a poster, as well, and for that matter, I respect Bruin and have taken sides with his opinion many times in the past.

While I don't know him personally, I have viewed his positions from a distance and interacted with him enough in conversation to know he relishes aligning with the hot take category. He's been known to choose some really odd hills to die on, and in doing so, rarely leaves even a crack for the gray to get into his black and white opinion. It's just his style. Most people know that. I think you probably know that, too, if you're being honest.

My commentary wasn't so much a "personal attack" as it was an acknowledgement that once Bruin steps waist-deep into a belief, he is very unlikely to budge on it or entertain an alternative theory.

First off, I appreciate the kind words. I respect you as a poster, as well, and for that matter, I respect Bruin and have taken sides with his opinion many times in the past.

While I don't know him personally, I have viewed his positions from a distance and interacted with him enough in conversation to know he relishes aligning with the hot take category. He's been known to choose some really odd hills to die on, and in doing so, rarely leaves even a crack for the gray to get into his black and white opinion. It's just his style. Most people know that. I think you probably know that, too, if you're being honest.

My commentary wasn't so much a "personal attack" as it was an acknowledgement that once Bruin steps waist-deep into a belief, he is very unlikely to budge on it or entertain an alternative theory.

Fair enough. Obviously, your comments were mild. I’ve seen much stronger attacks on him. And obviously, he can defend himself. Your post just brought to my attention the trend.

Hopefully, we’ll be giving Bruin a World Series title to attempt to marginalize in a couple weeks. 😉

Some folks may say he’ll leave in 5 years, awesome, that means we’ve been relevant for 5 years. I’ll take that and roll the dice…..

VN Store

Back