Coming after Vitello

Just a sample of the posts:
Over/under when he retires again?
He's a year younger than Paul, gonna be a hard sell for recruits, how long would he coach? 5 years?
Fuuuuuuuck that pedo supporting old shite stain. He gets hired we riot.
He's 62. Mainieri is 63. Hell no
He’s 62. Not real excited about long term.
Please say sike...
No way. I mean, just no f'n way.
Also with our Title IX rape stuff, ummm, this might not be the best plan
Smokescreen engaged
Woody likes the big name hires
Change one guy retiring for health problems for another guy retirED for health problems. Brilliant strategy, Woody.
Hard pass. Old, pedophile supporter, and anybody that old that retires for "health reasons" needs to get passed over.
There’s so much wrong with it. It’s basically trading places and this guy has recent baggage.
Yes let’s hire someone who hasn’t coached in 3 years and then have him for 5-6 years and have to hire someone all over again. Makes perfect sense
I have a serious issue with him supporting the Pedo pitcher
I hope this is a smoke screen, I’d prefer Ron Polk

About what I figured...

With regards to LSU, there's a factor that hasn't really been discussed so far, and that's the Title IX / sexual harassment fallout stemming from their football program under former head coach Les Miles. That investigation and repercussions have the potential to have a significant effect on their entire athletics department. LSU might get hammered by not only the NCAA but the Department of Education.

I talked to a friend of mine who's an LSU grad and he said that LSU admin was looking for a coach with a "squeaky clean" reputation. They cannot risk hiring another coach with "baggage", and that's why there is hesitancy about hiring O'Sullivan.

Last edited:
With regards to LSU, there's a factor that hasn't really been discussed so far, and that's the Title IX / sexual harassment fallout stemming from their football program under former head coach Les Miles. That investigation and repercussions have the potential to have a significant effect on their entire athletics department. LSU might get hammered by not only the NCAA but the Department of Education.

I talked to a friend of mine who's an LSU grad and he said that LSU admin was looking for a coach with a "squeaky clean" reputation. They cannot risk hiring another coach with "baggage", and that's why there is hesitancy about hiring O'Sullivan.

Definitely food for thought.

Look no further than the basketball program. They don’t even know what squeaky clean looks like.

But we are in no position to cast stones at this point.

Look no further than the basketball program. They don’t even know what squeaky clean looks like.

But we are in no position to cast stones at this point.

Agreed about not being in a position to cast stones.

And yes, about their basketball program. It certainly complicates things for them. I'm surprised that Will Wade is still there.

CTV just on 104.5, good interview. Was asked if he is going to be the BaseVols coach next year... talked about how committed his staff was to the team (said all had offers to move to other places) and that he loves Knoxville. Also said that the investments made in player development facilities are paying off and now they need to take care of the fans/stadium/game day experience. Said that he thought that the BaseVols could have got a regional host in 2020 and that would have helped going forward but did not work out.

I don't see anything in our football problems that would affect baseball.

Our baseball program appears squeeky clean.

We have not one but two rocket scientists in the starting lineup for heaven sakes.

I didn’t mean to imply that, I am just saying, we shouldn’t go down the road of making fun of other schools, it wasn’t that long ago that there was a petition...and Fulmer is in his rocking chair for whatever corn bread did.

Just saying...

another post from Tigerdroppings:

The plan is, hire Pat Casey for 5-8 years, win a few nattys, and then hire Vitello once he proves himself to be a good baseball coach, and that he can be a mature and classy guy

Those are both admirable traits but I'm not sure that would be a good fit for us.

I didn’t mean to imply that, I am just saying, we shouldn’t go down the road of making fun of other schools, it wasn’t that long ago that there was a petition...and Fulmer is in his rocking chair for whatever corn bread did.

Just saying...

I understand, and agree with what you're saying. I hope I didn't come across as making fun of other schools, given our own history. If so, it certainly was not intentional.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
CTV just on 104.5, good interview. Was asked if he is going to be the BaseVols coach next year... talked about how committed his staff was to the team (said all had offers to move to other places) and that he loves Knoxville. Also said that the investments made in player development facilities are paying off and now they need to take care of the fans/stadium/game day experience. Said that he thought that the BaseVols could have got a regional host in 2020 and that would have helped going forward but did not work out.
He gone

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Delusional and down right unlikable are several words that come to mind while reading their board. It's entertaining, but I walk away feeling like I've lost IQ points after visiting. The Pat Casey thread on Tiger rant in particular.

Agree with @TheMookieMonster -- If he isn't gone after this season, and I don't think there's any chance that happens, he definitely isn't going anywhere after. Knoxville is about to turn into a baseball city with The Smokies coming home to the Old City and Vitello building a power down @ a newly renovated and reinvigorated Lindsey Nelson.

VN Store

Back