Coming after Vitello

I’m getting a kick out of the LSU fan reaction to the news on the message boards. Many of them are chiding Woodward for passing on CV. There certainly seems to be a disconnect between who their fans want and who Woodward is targeting.

Just 2-3 days ago most of their fans said CV was unproven and they shouldn't hire him unless all of their other targets miss. They're just sour.

I love CV, but reality is, he is not all of the sudden the best coach in the country. Could be in time. LSU wants an established head coach not a young guy with a skinny resume. I believe TA&M is in the same boat. Now if a few names turn them down, then they will eventually get to a point where he is candidate number one. But those are premier jobs and they will not get to the point that CV is number one. But, if those jobs are open after we win the National title, then it might be time to sweat. But if that happens we will open up the vault.

Bottom line, CV isn't going anywhere.

I love CV, but reality is, he is not all of the sudden the best coach in the country. Could be in time. LSU wants an established head coach not a young guy with a skinny resume. I believe TA&M is in the same boat. Now if a few names turn them down, then they will eventually get to a point where he is candidate number one. But those are premier jobs and they will not get to the point that CV is number one. But, if those jobs are open after we win the National title, then it might be time to sweat. But if that happens we will open up the vault.

Tony Vitello took Tennessee from one of the weakest programs in the conference to Elite status in 3 complete seasons ( not counting the 2020 season covid ) with some of the weakest resources in the conference in terms of baseball. I would hardly call that a skinny resume, he's on a sky high trajectory and well worth the investment to keep him.

The leadership at the university has been a breath of fresh air. Boyd and Plowman both seem like very smart and very savy people. I like what they have done together over the past few years and look forward to what else might get done in the future.

I like how Plowman took charge at the Pruitt thing, forcefully canned him, and then gracefully canned Fulmer. And then she did a good job of finding a credible new AD and getting him on board. Very strong and savvy the way she handled it. We've lacked that kind of leadership over the AD in the past, and it has cost us dearly.

Plowman is as good as a very PC chancellor can be.
we’re more lucky that UT has a President with real world experience like Randy Boyd.

Maybe more schools should hand chancellors with higher education backgrounds but presidents who can veto insane decisions common to colleges and universities

I disagree with a lot of what you said. Everyone has opinions, but you have no way of knowing any of those things.

Reactions: slobberknocker
Plowman can even make a bigger name for herself if she will spill the evidence on other schools in the SEC from the investigation. It is time every SEC school play by the same rules.

Talked to a co-worker this morning in the Baton Rouge area who is an LSU alum and has a son who played for Ole Miss and is now in the Blue Jays system. He told me this morning Sully is a no-go (now that’s starting to make the rounds) and many in the fanbase have leaned towards Godwin the whole time and definitely do now. His son has/had former professional teammates from UF and they said Sully is a complete jackass and wouldn’t send their own kids to play for him. I don’t know if that’s the “baggage” that’s being tossed around in regards to Sully but it definitely doesn’t sound like he’s much of a players coach at the end of the day.

I disagree with Ole Miss and LSU's parks, they have a cool vibe however they aren't that nice aesthetically. I have no problem with an older park with the old-school feel.
If we’re being honest, TBA looks like those giant sheds that the county keeps their supply of road salt in, but on the inside it can be an awesome environment!
GBO!!

Talked to a co-worker this morning in the Baton Rouge area who is an LSU alum and has a son who played for Ole Miss and is now in the Blue Jays system. He told me this morning Sully is a no-go (now that’s starting to make the rounds) and many in the fanbase have leaned towards Godwin the whole time and definitely do now. His son has/had former professional teammates from UF and they said Sully is a complete jackass and wouldn’t send their own kids to play for him. I don’t know if that’s the “baggage” that’s being tossed around in regards to Sully but it definitely doesn’t sound like he’s much of a players coach at the end of the day.

Probably the least surprising thing I have ever heard. KOS does not look like a fun dude.

I would love to see them build up LNS and give it an old ballpark field vibe....Rickwood Field in Birmingham or Luther Williams in Macon 2 awesome old stadiums that are still standing View attachment 371613
I don’t know why the university would hire an architect firm and pay them millions to give LNS a facelift? Hell, several of us on here would do it for a couple of super tickets.😎
GBO!!

A LOT of people latching onto this story. Local radio, national radio, Chris Burke, etc.

I think something official will be coming down the pipe sooner rather than later.

It's happening ladies & gents.....
Hopefully they’ll announce it Saturday evening, about 30 minutes before our Vols take the field against LSU, and our boys are so jacked up that they take the tigahs to the shed!
GBO!!

Reactions: MAD and MagnoliaVol

The first part of your post is ban worthy imo, but you redeemed yourself with the last sentence.
GBO!!

I don’t know why the university would hire an architect firm and pay them millions to give LNS a facelift? Hell, several of us on here would do it for a couple of super tickets.😎
GBO!!

I hit refresh on this forum more than I care to admit in hopes of somebody dropping some more tid bits regarding updates to the park that are currently being thrown around with the salary increase for coach.

I love LNS for selfish reasons, but watching the Arkansas vs Nebraska game made me appreciate what type of facilities they and the top half of the league have and the atmosphere it provides. I'm excited to see what we end up going with.

If Tennessee wins the WS, he will become candidate #1.

If Tennessee wins the WS, he will become candidate #1.

If Tennessee wins a natty this year, even more of our donors will come out of the woodwork to fund baseball. If he wins a natty in essentially 3.25 years, he definitely ain't going anywhere. He'll just get an even prettier ballpark.

I don’t agree with part of this. Show me the list of candidates ahead of CTV for those two jobs?

This is why he needs to be locked up before LSU even gets here. JMO.

GBO!!!

I don’t agree with part of this. Show me the list of candidates ahead of CTV for those two jobs?

This is why he needs to be locked up before LSU even gets here. JMO.

GBO!!!
what they are chattering is Schlossnagle to A&M and either Godwin or Dan McDonnell to LSU. Which opens up TCU….of course it’s just chattering or as we commonly refer to as a 💨 📺

and I agree on locking him up sooner than later!!

what they are chattering is Schlossnagle to A&M and either Godwin or Dan McDonnell to LSU. Which opens up TCU….of course it’s just chattering or as we commonly refer to as a 💨 📺

and I agree on locking him up sooner than later!!

Yeah...I hope those happen, Schloss ain’t going anywhere, maybe Godwin... I doubt McD is gonna leave a program he built...

Who’s next...that’s right...Lock him up Danny.

Probably the least surprising thing I have ever heard. KOS does not look like a fun dude.
Agreed. That’s what I told this guy. I don’t know his connection to the program other than perhaps knowing coaches/admin because his son was recruited & offered by LSU but he knew 4 weeks before Maineri’s PC that he was retiring at the end of the year. He told me he learned over the weekend that Sully had turned it down and told me I’d see stuff come out later today. Every tweet or nugget about Sully likely staying put has a time stamp after he and I talked.

Yeah...I hope those happen, Schloss ain’t going anywhere, maybe Godwin... I doubt McD is gonna leave a program he built...

Who’s next...that’s right...Lock him up Danny.
Godwin is 1A it sounds like with his ties to LSU and OM. He fits the mold of the last 5-6 SEC hires; young, great recruiter with SEC experience as an assistant at successful programs. If Schloss leaves I have zero concerns about TV and that opening, it will start and end with Kirk Saarloos if Cal State doesn’t get him first.

VN Store

Back