Coming after Vitello

Why do you think JP is so tied in ?

I mean mostly just because it makes sense. He’s one of the most notable UT baseball alumni, at least from that 2000-2010 era. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume him and Burke talk to each other. They missed each other by 2 years I think, so they probably had some recruiting overlap when JP was going through high school. Most of those major leaguers are close with other alumni from their university. Same with Julio Burbon.

It would shock me if JP was that far out of the loop

I mean mostly just because it makes sense. He’s one of the most notable UT baseball alumni, at least from that 2000-2010 era. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume him and Burke talk to each other. They missed each other by 2 years I think, so they probably had some recruiting overlap when JP was going through high school. Most of those major leaguers are close with other alumni from their university. Same with Julio Burbon.

Wasn't JP also a volunteer assistant coach for a year on CV's staff? Or was he on Serrano's staff? I remember he was here for one year. I'm sure they've stayed in touch since then.

I doubt he knows much more than anyone else and I am sure CB knows more

I doubt he knows much more than anyone else and I am sure CB knows more
Fwiw there are people that currently work in that office they say they have no idea what’s going to happen

Your speculation is no better than my speculation. I think most of what I proposed is logical conjecture at the very least. I don't think it's unreasonable to think Burke and Arencebia talk. It's also not unreasonable to think that a former coach on CV's staff (JP) would remain in touch with him and chat.

If what your saying is true and "no one in the AD's office knows" then your belief of "he gone" is based on nothing as well. JMO.

Your speculation is no better than my speculation. I think most of what I proposed is logical conjecture at the very least. I don't think it's unreasonable to think Burke and Arencebia talk. It's also not unreasonable to think that a former coach on CV's staff (JP) would remain in touch with him and chat.

If what your saying is true and "no one in the AD's office knows" then your belief of "he gone" is based on nothing as well. JMO.

agreed. Nice post

Keep in mind my post said “he gone IMO”

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
What’s a Noob?
OIP.AMHIZZPPuFeq5CbDLoseDAHaJZ

The simple fact is there is no real estate to build a brand new baseball stadium right now. Any plan to build a new baseball stadium would have to come with a complete overhaul of the campus area in some form or fashion.

Bulldoze Fraternity Row? Where do those students live for a few years? Get rid of Tom Black Track? Where does our track & field team hold meets for a few years while a new track is built? Demolish LNS and build a new stadium there? Is TV okay with playing games for 2-3 years at the new Smokies stadium? There is no simple answer, so it's far more likely to renovate LNS to the 5th or 6th nicest stadium and then re-visit the idea of a brad new ballpark in 10 years if the program keeps trending up.

(1) Why does a University owe a social club a separate place to live? They can slum it in dorms
(2) We are years passed the days of actual track meets. Here is the most recent schedule:
EBCF1C13-806D-4208-924D-BBD0B5D410CC.jpeg

outdoor track in the center of campus can be considered a waste now for how little they are used.
(3) I think they could make LNS serviceable but don’t think they could renovate it to top-5 level

Bad thing is, the more they spend on it, the less they’ll ever give up on it. Long run, replacing stadium at current prices makes more fiscal sense than doing it later

(1) Why does a University owe a social club a separate place to live? They can slum it in dorms
(2) We are years passed the days of actual track meets. Here is the most recent schedule:
View attachment 371569

outdoor track in the center of campus can be considered a waste now for how little they are used.
(3) I think they could make LNS serviceable but don’t think they could renovate it to top-5 level

Bad thing is, the more they spend on it, the less they’ll ever give up on it. Long run, replacing stadium at current prices makes more fiscal sense than doing it later

UT track and field was fantastic at one time, and I am willing to bet that facility also lags behind in the SEC. The other thing about the track is that regular students use it when track and field is not. During my time 20 years ago, you would see students on it regularly. It is truly a school facility.

As far as the fraternities, it can get complicated if the actual fraternities own those houses. Not saying it can’t be done. But Greek life is part of the campus (and no, I wasn’t in a fraternity).

It sounds like there is a way to pump a bunch of money into what exists at LNS and make it a nice environment.

View attachment 371569

I agree about frat row.

UT track and field I would like to see returned to its former glory.

If they use frat row they can locate the beer vendors at the same site as the butt chugging episode. Tradition. Legacy.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back