Come on Texas really!!!

There are at least 2 schools here in my area that have the Power T on their helmets and 2 of my nephews in another state that played at a high schools that have the Power T on their helmets. None of these are orange but are a carbon copy of UT's Power T.
Sue them🤬

Reactions: Tnphil
If it was a competitor coping your brand, then sure drop the hammer. This is feeder systems to your college coping your brand. Seems to me that would be great as it keeps your brand in front of a lot more prospects. Brand recognition is something that companies spend millions on and they are getting it free here.

Reactions: kcvols1
th
Gallatin vs Green bay
th

Institutions spend millions building the value of their trademarks/brand. If they don’t protect it, it gets diluted, and loses value. And ultimately they can lose the right to protect it. UTex is well within its rights to protect its mark.

If Travis County High School in Texas started selling merchandise with the Power T, I’m sure you would be all in favor of UTenn putting a stop to it.

Diligence to protect dilution is a real responsibility.

HOWEVAH,

There is nothing a 600 student High School football program could realistically do to dilute the trademark of a major college football program. This is because a AA county public high school over a thousand miles away will never, ever, actually be confused with, or cause blurring of a major university’s trademarks.

A few years ago Duquesne University made Science Hill High School in Johnson City stop using the Topper logo due to copyright violation. It cost the city Board of Education $22,000 to remove the logo from the astro turf alone.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Diligence to protect dilution is a real responsibility.

HOWEVAH,

There is nothing a 600 student High School football program could realistically do to dilute the trademark of a major college football program. This is because a AA county public high school over a thousand miles away will never, ever, actually be confused with, or cause blurring of a major university’s trademarks.

Maybe not, but if a thousand of such high schools across the country....

Turned out the restuarant had been around longer than the clown lol.
They have copies of newspapers that carried the story framed on a wall.
Good BBQ too.
I've heard they do and have past it several times but never stopped. I'll definitely have to stop in the next time I'm on Hiway 70.

it's trademark infringement. simple as that

Is it? If they’re not using the logo for profit? Then you’re looking at thousands of high schools across the country having to change names and logos. I hope a judge gives U of Tex the middle finger. Every time I travel to Texas and they start their s**t about “the real UT”, I remind them they are only part of the lower 48 because of our boys from Tennessee. So kiss the ring and acknowledge your daddy.

I'm thinking that Mountain City would be more goats than longhorns. There's not a flat place in that entire city.
Depends on your definition of flat. We manage. The high school has been the Longhorns longer than ive been around. Either way, Go Vols...

Dont believe the rumor that our cattle have one leg longer than the other from standing on the hills.. its fake news.

Reactions: volunator and txbo
Years ago, I remember hearing that Duquense University contacted Science about the use of their logo. I don't recall what happened with it.

Screenshot_20200525-142418.pngScreenshot_20200525-142339.png

Sadly, Texas ain’t Texas anymore. It’s pretty much turned into Texafornia. I really hate it for them. Unfortunately TN is probably next.

VN Store

Back