Come on Texas really!!!

Redleg68

If it was a competitor coping your brand, then sure drop the hammer. This is feeder systems to your college coping your brand. Seems to me that would be great as it keeps your brand in front of a lot more prospects. Brand recognition is something that companies spend millions on and they are getting it free here.

kcvols1

Institutions spend millions building the value of their trademarks/brand. If they don’t protect it, it gets diluted, and loses value. And ultimately they can lose the right to protect it. UTex is well within its rights to protect its mark.

If Travis County High School in Texas started selling merchandise with the Power T, I’m sure you would be all in favor of UTenn putting a stop to it.
Diligence to protect dilution is a real responsibility.

HOWEVAH,

There is nothing a 600 student High School football program could realistically do to dilute the trademark of a major college football program. This is because a AA county public high school over a thousand miles away will never, ever, actually be confused with, or cause blurring of a major university’s trademarks.

FrankenVol54

No BS Please
A few years ago Duquesne University made Science Hill High School in Johnson City stop using the Topper logo due to copyright violation. It cost the city Board of Education $22,000 to remove the logo from the astro turf alone.

EZE

Diligence to protect dilution is a real responsibility.

HOWEVAH,

There is nothing a 600 student High School football program could realistically do to dilute the trademark of a major college football program. This is because a AA county public high school over a thousand miles away will never, ever, actually be confused with, or cause blurring of a major university’s trademarks.
Maybe not, but if a thousand of such high schools across the country....

Vol737

it's trademark infringement. simple as that
Is it? If they’re not using the logo for profit? Then you’re looking at thousands of high schools across the country having to change names and logos. I hope a judge gives U of Tex the middle finger. Every time I travel to Texas and they start their s**t about “the real UT”, I remind them they are only part of the lower 48 because of our boys from Tennessee. So kiss the ring and acknowledge your daddy.

Longhorn Vol

I'm thinking that Mountain City would be more goats than longhorns. There's not a flat place in that entire city.
Depends on your definition of flat. We manage. The high school has been the Longhorns longer than ive been around. Either way, Go Vols...

Dont believe the rumor that our cattle have one leg longer than the other from standing on the hills.. its fake news.

JAL

Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy.
Years ago, I remember hearing that Duquense University contacted Science about the use of their logo. I don't recall what happened with it.

Screenshot_20200525-142418.png Screenshot_20200525-142339.png

VN Store

Sponsors