Come on Texas really!!!

If you golf, this course is fun and challenging. i'd stay in Boone,Nc and drive about 20 to 30 miles to play Mtn City cause Boone,Nc is happening on the weekends,craft beers everywhere and bangin food all over the town of Boone,Nc along with the Mast General Store.. And i'm not a townie, i live in Damascus,Va another town you should stay in with the creeper trail and the trout fishing and AT trail coming right through town... biking,hiking,trout fishing don't get NO better...check us out

And Backbone Rock. Lot of fond memories hiking AT from 421 on Holston Mtn and the access trail right down to the rock. Grew up in Bristol.

...and, of course, Duquesne changed all their logos last year.

I mean, seriously, who is going to confuse a high school in Johnson City with a college in Pittsburgh?

SH should have told them to go pi$$ in their hat.

And DUs on-staff law counsel who makes a $90,000 salary would file lawsuit after lawsuit that would cost JC $50,000 in fees. It's the world we live in.

Looks like all they did was make a carbon copy with the only difference being color and the white trim outline. At least tweak the logo a little if you’re going to go by the Longhorns nickname. They were just asking for trouble.
A ton of high schools do that though. I'm not sure why Texas' logo is different.

I wonder how many high school teams actually ask permission, and how many pro/college teams are actually looking to actively police their trademarks like Texas. Henry County sure looks a lot like New England to me, but I've never seen anything in the news about their branding.

I wonder how many high school teams actually ask permission, and how many pro/college teams are actually looking to actively police their trademarks like Texas. Henry County sure looks a lot like New England to me, but I've never seen anything in the news about their branding.

It’s been going on a long time. The New York Times did an article on colleges cracking down on unauthorized use of logos back in 2010.

And DUs on-staff law counsel who makes a $90,000 salary would file lawsuit after lawsuit that would cost JC $50,000 in fees. It's the world we live in.

Until you prevailed on a motion for sanctions, of course. At that point, you’d be cashing checks from PNC to pay for your new field house.

And I’m sure the school board pays counsel also. It’s just a matter of whether they’re worth a darn.

Reactions: livefaith
Being a lot closer to Texas than I am east Tennessee, I can tell you there is not a more obnoxious, narcissistic, deluded group of a-holes than the University of Texas. Check out the TexAgs old rivalries board. The only thing I wonder is why an obviously more beautiful, livable place would want its high school to emulate those clowns. Why not the mountain goats which would make much more sense and the ram's logo is a helluva lot more attractive.

Reactions: kcvols1
I don't know why anyone would want to use that logo.
iu

Institutions spend millions building the value of their trademarks/brand. If they don’t protect it, it gets diluted, and loses value. And ultimately they can lose the right to protect it. UTex is well within its rights to protect its mark.

If Travis County High School in Texas started selling merchandise with the Power T, I’m sure you would be all in favor of UTenn putting a stop to it.

I'm certainly not trademark lawyer (whatever they're called) but am aware that some major companies have people constantly investigating to protect their brand (logo). Disney is one of the worst. I remember a small little BBQ restaurant in Mason Tennessee (I think) that is named Bozo's. Bozo the Clown from Chicago maybe... once filed a trademark infringe case against them IIRC. It's still called Bozo's (I think) so I'm not sure of the lawsuit outcome. Point is some of these entities are dogmatic about their l

I remember the Bozo case, grandson of the owner planned to franchise more Bozo bbq restaurants, they were sued by King Features Syndicate, owners of the rights to Bozo the clown. Lawsuit was settled with the agreement that the original restaurant could continue to operate in Mason with the Bozo name, but no more locations could be opened.

Reactions: tennrich1
I guess Notre Dame is going to come after Catholic high now huh?...I remember their uniforms were exact copies of Notre Dames back in the day...Not sure if they changed them since I moved away or not to be honest.

Reactions: kcvols1
There are at least 2 schools here in my area that have the Power T on their helmets and 2 of my nephews in another state that played at a high schools that have the Power T on their helmets. None of these are orange but are a carbon copy of UT's Power T.

VN Store

Back