Come on Texas really!!!

Looks like all they did was make a carbon copy with the only difference being color and the white trim outline. At least tweak the logo a little if you’re going to go by the Longhorns nickname. They were just asking for trouble.

This is something I've often wondered about. I've seen high schools using plenty of exact collegiate logos. Wondered if they had some sort of agreement or what? Figured it had to be above the table bcanybody in the copyright biz knows you can't let rougue use of a logo go without challenge. Looks like UTjr is doing so.

I've seen Tennessee (Trion High in Georgia uses the power T in blue), Alabama script A for a Club Volleyball, UGA/Packers for a HS team, Clemson paw on everything and the kitchen sink, FSU for a HS team, Penn.State used by Ridgeland High in me GA iirc, Michigan State more than once etc etc.

Does anyone in the HS world know if this is permissible or under the "better to ask forgiveness than permission" clause.

... oh, and of course the Vandy star is on the side of a Hardee's building. 🤣

The state of Tennessee save you and you do this to a TN high school.

University of Texas asks Johnson County to change longhorn logo

I’d wager most high schools borrow logos and mascots to save $, and that it does not affect any college or pro team’s brand recognition one iota.

Pretty crappy behavior by Junior if you ask me. Our local high school has the exact same logo as Johnson County. Selfishly, I hope we get a letter too because the Longhorn mascot is straight trash.

Also, everyone knows this logo is just a health class diagram of a human uterus. Enough already.

I'm thinking that Mountain City would be more goats than longhorns. There's not a flat place in that entire city.
Assume golf course though!! Red Tail i believe is the name. K.A mountain golf,views with open fairways and its like $50 bucks for 18 holes.. killer tee to green drops on par 3's and two par 4's

If you golf, this course is fun and challenging. i'd stay in Boone,Nc and drive about 20 to 30 miles to play Mtn City cause Boone,Nc is happening on the weekends,craft beers everywhere and bangin food all over the town of Boone,Nc along with the Mast General Store.. And i'm not a townie, i live in Damascus,Va another town you should stay in with the creeper trail and the trout fishing and AT trail coming right through town... biking,hiking,trout fishing don't get NO better...check us out

The state of Tennessee save you and you do this to a TN high school.

University of Texas asks Johnson County to change longhorn logo

Having lived in Texas for over a decade, I can confirm that they take a particular pride in making sure you know that they, and they alone, are Texas. Whereas most colleges might be "eh" about this, Texas will never be. Because they are Texas -- and more importantly, they want you to know that no one else can be.

Reactions: Volatility

VN Store

Back