Colorado school shooting leaves 'multiple' victims, at least 2 in custody, sheriff's office says

I don't want to hear one politician, especially D, or any supporting D, say anything. All your party has done for years is rail for power. It's only an issue when this happens, and then nothing.

Do something other than complain after the fact.

Further, I don't want to hear any politician of any side say anything. It's very simple.

We, as a country, could afford to have every single school outfitted and upgraded and retro fitted with the best of technology and devices so that no gun could ever make it in to any school. The cost is nothing. It's called priorities.

So, Evil, are you willing to have every school made safe, if it meant no money for NPR and Planned Parenthood for a year or 2?

Or, how about taking away from any number of wasteful spending that our government seemingly likes throwing money at? How about just general waste and corruption.

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste
https://www.usnews.com/news/slidesh...us-reveals-1b-in-wasteful-government-spending
9 Government Programs Your Tax Dollars Are Being Wasted On
Five Ways the Federal Government Has Wasted Your Money (Part I)

Do something or shut the fu** up. Stop talking, DO. Sorry, some money ain't going to be there for some of this crap, so what, suck it up. Once we take care of our priorities, then we can go back to throwing money at everything.

We’re about the only country in the world that uses pills as a way to control children. That’s why.
Millennials and kids can't put down their electronic devices for more than a few minutes without having some kind of withdrawl. ALl we have to do is introduce the game illustrated below and all these problems will go away.

tng_s5_thegame-500x327.jpg

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Not really. Good people with guns will not use them to harm people unless in a defensive manner. They already cannot stop the bad people with guns since they do not obey the rules.
That overlooks the common occurrence of "good person with gun becoming bad person with gun." Good people sometimes do bad things. Good people sometimes get suicidal. Good people sometimes have a very bad day. Good people sometimes have a heated argument with their boss or subordinate. Good people sometimes have adverse and unexpected reactions to medication.
Plus, good people sometimes misplace their gun, good people sometimes have an accident.
If good people were always good and only did good things without mistakes and accidents, we could all ride that unicorn to the end of the rainbow.

That overlooks the common occurrence of "good person with gun becoming bad person with gun." Good people sometimes do bad things. Good people sometimes get suicidal. Good people sometimes have a very bad day. Good people sometimes have a heated argument with their boss or subordinate. Good people sometimes have adverse and unexpected reactions to medication.
Plus, good people sometimes misplace their gun, good people sometimes have an accident.
If good people were always good and only did good things without mistakes and accidents, we could all ride that unicorn to the end of the rainbow.

Unicorns are just your style.

Do children not have a right to go on living? Isn't that more fundamental and basic than a right to self defense. Think about it. What undergirds the right to self-defense is the right to go on living. That is, you have a right to defend yourself BECAUSE acting self-defense is sometimes necessary to preserve your right to go on living. When the exercise of the right to self-defense, through rampant gun ownership, goes haywire and the mechanism (guns) that is meant to aid in the exercise of the right to self-defense is actually used more often to unjustly deprive people of their more fundamental right to go on living, you have a perverse problem that cries out for correction.

The Heller case actually settles very little about what can be done to regulate gun use. A lot more can be done within the bounds of the 2nd Amendment, and we're doing none of it.
Tell that to the millions of children that are killed in the womb every year.

Your figures are incomplete given it doesnt include all positive outcomes of a self defense firearm being presented. It's a trash stat.

That's mixing apples and oranges. The issue is gun DEATHS, not gun uses. If you're going to talk about gun uses, you have to include the bad gun uses as well. The robberies at gunpoint, the rapes at gunpoint, the assaults with guns, etc.

That's mixing apples and oranges. The issue is gun DEATHS, not gun uses. If you're going to talk about gun uses, you have to include the bad gun uses as well. The robberies at gunpoint, the rapes at gunpoint, the assaults with guns, etc.
Negative. The issue is people. Always will be.

Also, do you know how many people die in vehicle-related deaths?

Last edited:
What about the crimes that are not committed due to the criminal being afraid that the victim might be armed and instead chooses a target (soft target) where the likely hood that the victim would not armed? Can we include those too?

Reactions: tennvols77
So gun deaths are the issue? Fantastic. Lucky for you that we have laws ALREADY on the books covering it!

For luther its statute
O.C.G.A. §16-5-1(c)

For the state of Tennessee its:
39-13-202. First degree murder

Glad we have settled that.

Reactions: tennvols77
Nice counter. Come back when you have some KellyAnne style "alternative facts." Do you really wanna argue guns deaths that are "good" or "justified" surpass those that are bad or unjustified?

Looks like the retort to this has been covered.

So you are basically suggesting that we strip a persons right to defend themself because they may turn. You could make that argument for everything in life at that point. This is how freedom ends. Give a little, give a little more, give a little more until it is gone. With a free society comes risks. Nothing is perfect. I believe we have the right to carry a firearm, be responsible, and defend ourselves and others if necessary. Generally good people with guns do no harm, good people with cars do no harm, good people with trucks do no harm, good people with knives do no harm, good people with hammers do no harm, etc. Are there exceptions? Sure.

Knife deaths have gone way up in England since the banning of guns. People that want to maim and kill will with or without a gun. My guess is bombs will become the norm if guns are removed.

So you are basically suggesting that we strip a persons right to defend themself because they may turn. You could make that argument for everything in life at that point. This is how freedom ends. Give a little, give a little more, give a little more until it is gone. With a free society comes risks. Nothing is perfect. I believe we have the right to carry a firearm, be responsible, and defend ourselves and others if necessary. Generally good people with guns do no harm, good people with cars do no harm, good people with trucks do no harm, good people with knives do no harm, good people with hammers do no harm, etc. Are there exceptions? Sure.
I have NEVER ONCE advocated for taking a persons right to have a gun(s) for self defense or hunting away.

I have NEVER ONCE advocated for taking a persons right to have a gun(s) for self defense or hunting away.
Guns arent a right so people can hunt. Its a right to protect their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness as long as they do not directly infringe on a nonthreatening individuals direct life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Examples of threatening individuals: Robbers, murderers, rapists, etc.

It is also to remind the government that they work for the people not the other way around. To avoid Venezuelas situation.

You keep choosing to ignore that portion of American values and resorting to your sophomoric understanding of guns as a recreational toy.

Reactions: volfanjustin
I just mean that the founders thought it was important enough to put in the Bill of Rights, but at the same time we can all mostly agree that:
People shouldn't be able to buy bazookas.
The mentally ill shouldn't own guns.
Felons shouldn't own guns.

I know a guy, like a brother to me for 27 years now actually, that used a stolen credit card with 3 buddies to go buy a bunch of video games at the mall when he was 16. He got convicted at 17 yo, and then sometime before he turned 21 got a citation for drinking under age, or simple posession of a little weed...dont remember...but it kept him from being able to get the felony exponged from his record. That was 25 years ago, and to this day he isnt allowed to own or posess a firearm. Never been in any trouble since, is married with 2 kids, and owns a multimillion dollar construction company.

He has an arsenal of firearms, but every time he goes out to his land to shoot with me, he risks 5 years mandatory in federal prison for EACH firearm in his truck...he is scared shitless, as he should be. Cant legally carry to protect his considerable assets or kids...if a burglar breaks into his rich mans house, and he shoots them, he is going to prison automatically regardless of castle doctrine ot threat to his or kids lives. Given the opportunity, he would have a concealed permit and carry every day...he often has large sums of money on him to pay for things out of pocket.

I would trust him to sleep in a tent with my wife or 10 year old daughter if i was out of town. I have and would trust him with my life.

Yall here think all felons shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm??? Because of a mistake they made as a 16yo kid , 26 years ago? There are others like him. He isnt the only guy i grew up with that was convicted of a felony as a teen, but gone on to live a good life despite the fact that he could never land a white collar job with his record.

If you guys think he shouldnt have a firearm, i very much disagree. I would bet he is as good a man as anyone here, and being 42 and worth several million, having never gone to college, is probably more successful than nearly everyone here also. Thoughts???

Plus that slippery slope argument you guys constantly resort to is asinine.
That's like if you ask your boss for a raise and he replies "can't do it, next you'll ask for a bigger raise, and then more time off, and then stock options, you want stop until you own the company and do nothing."
Or you tell your kid he needs to start mowing the grass and he replies "can't do it Dad, next you'll have me mowing the neighbor's lawn, working two jobs and taking my money, and doing all of your work."
That's like auto manufactures responding to safety and fuel efficiency regulations with "can't do it, next you'll demand cars that get 80 mpg with safety features where no one ever gets injured in an accident. You will not stop until you make it impossible to build a car."
Or responding to a posted speed limit, "can't do it, next you'll lower it to 30 mph and then to 20 mph, and you'll keep going until the speed limit is zero."
That's how the gun nuts' slippery slope argument sounds to the rational and reasonable.

VN Store

Back