Colorado school shooting leaves 'multiple' victims, at least 2 in custody, sheriff's office says

If you sincerely want to exchange ideas on this forum, may i recommend ceasing these snarky, trollish posts?

Please practice a little decorum.

The pictures and the statements are the arguments. This is not normal. This is not good. Things should change. But they never do.

The pictures and the statements are the arguments. This is not normal. This is not good. Things should change. But they never do.
Im not your boss. Im not a mod. But if i have developed any rapport with you whatsoever please heed my advice. Share your tweets. Leave the jabs off...at least for now.

Reactions: RavinDave
Im not your boss. Im not a mod. But if i have developed any rapport with you whatsoever please heed my advice. Share your tweets. Leave the jabs off...at least for now.
She’s a waste of breath and totally deranged when it comes to firearms. Nothing short of full confiscation will satisfy her.

It broke my heart when my 7 year old was telling me about the drills they do in her school. It made me furious when the Patriot act was passed. Taking away freedoms protects no one. You have to accept that evil exists. The solution is not more restrictions on those adhering to the laws. Evil ignores laws. It’s that simple.

She’s a waste of breath and totally deranged when it comes to firearms. Nothing short of full confiscation will satisfy her.
I understand. We are all entitled to our opinions. But there is a time and place to inflame passionate debate. And there's a time for restraint. I believe this to be a time for the latter.

It broke my heart when my 7 year old was telling me about the drills they do in her school. It made me furious when the Patriot act was passed. Taking away freedoms protects no one. You have to accept that evil exists. The solution is not more restrictions on those adhering to the laws. Evil ignores laws. It’s that simple.
And she will ignore that and screech all guns need to go now

Does evil not exist in places where they have tougher gun laws? Does evil not ignore laws elsewhere? If so, why is it only the US (with the obvious rare exception) that has this problem? You can quibble around the edges, but the vast bulk of empirical research shows that when countries that actually have a strong rule of law tradition make it more difficult to acquire, maintain and use firearms, their gun deaths go down. It's that simple.

Does evil not exist in places where they have tougher gun laws? Does evil not ignore laws elsewhere? If so, why is it only the US (with the obvious rare exception) that has this problem? You can quibble around the edges, but the vast bulk of empirical research shows that when countries that actually have a strong rule of law tradition make it more difficult to acquire, maintain and use firearms, their gun deaths go down. It's that simple.
That’s where you and I have a fundamental disagreement. I don’t care that their gun deaths go down. We have rights in this country. Owning a gun is one of them. Have a convention if you want to change it. I don’t choose security over freedom.

That’s where you and I have a fundamental disagreement. I don’t care that their gun deaths go down. We have rights in this country. Owning a gun is one of them. Have a convention if you want to change it. I don’t choose security over freedom.

Do children not have a right to go on living? Isn't that more fundamental and basic than a right to self defense. Think about it. What undergirds the right to self-defense is the right to go on living. That is, you have a right to defend yourself BECAUSE acting self-defense is sometimes necessary to preserve your right to go on living. When the exercise of the right to self-defense, through rampant gun ownership, goes haywire and the mechanism (guns) that is meant to aid in the exercise of the right to self-defense is actually used more often to unjustly deprive people of their more fundamental right to go on living, you have a perverse problem that cries out for correction.

The Heller case actually settles very little about what can be done to regulate gun use. A lot more can be done within the bounds of the 2nd Amendment, and we're doing none of it.

Do children not have a right to go on living? Isn't that more fundamental and basic than a right to self defense. Think about it. What undergirds the right to self-defense is the right to go on living. That is, you have a right to defend yourself BECAUSE acting self-defense is sometimes necessary to preserve your right to go on living. When the exercise of the right to self-defense, through rampant gun ownership, goes haywire and the mechanism (guns) that is meant to aid in the exercise of the right to self-defense is actually used more often to unjustly deprive people of their more fundamental right to go on living, you have a perverse problem that cries out for correction.

The Heller case actually settles very little about what can be done to regulate gun use. A lot more can be done within the bounds of the 2nd Amendment, and we're doing none of it.
Enough people disagree on the argument that I agree with @volfanhill . If you want to change the 2A, have a convention and let people vote. Don't leave it to the lawmakers. Let the people decide.

I’m assuming you have some sort of evidence to support this?

The German society decided what Hitler was doing was not a bad thing. He ordered how many people killed during his reign?

So, do you really want society to be the judge of which actions are "bad" and which ones are "okay"?
Not true at all. The use of propaganda and other efforts disguised the removal of Jews as "resettlement" and quarantine of deadly diseases. A majority of citizens did not know concentration camps were killing millions. They even went as far as allowing the Red Cross to inspect a ghetto and hid all the bad things so the report reflected good conditions.

It is an example, however, of allowing the government a little and them taking alot.

We’re about the only country in the world that uses pills as a way to control children. That’s why.

VN Store

Back