College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Also, compliance offices have 48 hours to put the player into the portal, so technically, you have to wait 48 hours after the deadline.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He’s 6’6” with 95-98 mph fastball and 4 pitches. Phenomenal college catcher but I can’t see the longevity at his height. DH and 1B might be best options when not RHP in college. Just think his best chance at $$$ in draft is RHP.
Maybe he’s the next Rick Ankiel. If pitching doesn’t work out, he can fall back to being a position player or DH.

Or maybe he's the next Ohtani.

Some recent mock drafts, coming up in ~ 2 weeks (July 17-19)

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/

23: Beck
27: Tidwell
32: Gilbert
112: Joyce
136: Lipscomb
222: Ortega
250: Mabrey

Previously posted by @GregAmsler:

2022 MLB Draft - Top 500 Prospects — Prospects Live

14: Tidwell
19: Beck
22: Gilbert
104: Joyce
190: Lipscomb
293: Ortega
474: Halvorsen (I believe announced to return to Vols)

Thanks for the links and info, @Volprofch05 ! I hope to have the 2022 draft thread up and running early next week. Hard to believe the draft is almost here.

Haha, I was hoping you would be putting up a draft thread @TN_gal, it was pretty fabulous last year!

😀 👍🏼 I am putting up a draft thread this year. Started the prep a day after our season ended. It helped me take my mind off things a bit. Happy you found last year’s draft thread helpful! Thank you!

According to McKee, two more Tennessee players have entered the transfer portal today - freshmen pitchers J.D. McCracken and Grant Cherry. There are now three total (with redshirt freshman catcher Nathan Smith).

I had a funny feeling that J.D. might be one to jump in there.

Wish all three the best of luck.

Last edited:
Some recent mock drafts, coming up in ~ 2 weeks (July 17-19)

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/

23: Beck
27: Tidwell
32: Gilbert
112: Joyce
136: Lipscomb
222: Ortega
250: Mabrey

Previously posted by @GregAmsler:

2022 MLB Draft - Top 500 Prospects — Prospects Live

14: Tidwell
19: Beck
22: Gilbert
104: Joyce
190: Lipscomb
293: Ortega
474: Halvorsen (I believe announced to return to Vols)

Does Luc not have enough pop for a first baseman? I realize that most professional first baseman are quite large. His age would also work against him. But, I bet someone will try him on a short season squad. Very good with the glove.

Does Luc not have enough pop for a first baseman? I realize that most professional first baseman are quite large. His age would also work against him. But, I bet someone will try him on a short season squad. Very good with the glove.

I think I saw Luc in one mock draft, but I don’t recall where

He's got pop, but struggles against lefties. Plus, first basemen with pop are a dime a dozen in professional baseball.

VN Store

Back