College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Completely agree. But since the subject was throwing out base stealers, that’s the point I was addressing. Let’s be honest…if we’re going to compete for a spot in Omaha, we need a guy who is good behind the plate and isn’t an automatic out. We need both, in other words.
Sure, who doesn't? Let's hope we hit the lottery 🙂.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Alexander, of Benton, Missouri, put together one of the finest seasons by an Austin Peay catcher. Offensively, he led the Govs' regulars in batting average (.348), slugging percentage (.642), and on-base percentage (.428) at regular season's end. He also led APSU in home runs (13), RBI (54), and walks (27) while finishing second in doubles (19).

Defensively, Alexander became just the fifth Governors catcher to record 20 or more runners caught stealing. He finished the season with 23 runners caught stealing – 12 of those coming in OVC play. He also caught 405.1 of APSU's 472.1 innings pitched this season – more than 85 percent of the total innings.
-From Austin Peay’s Website

23 of 70 runners caught stealing. 5 Passed Balls

Surprising that pitcher is where he’s projected to be drafted at - though I’ll admit I had barely heard of him until a few weeks ago

He’s 6’6” with 95-98 mph fastball and 4 pitches. Phenomenal college catcher but I can’t see the longevity at his height. DH and 1B might be best options when not RHP in college. Just think his best chance at $$$ in draft is RHP.

Reactions: Ryno14
He’s 6’6” with 95-98 mph fastball and 4 pitches. Phenomenal college catcher but I can’t see the longevity at his height. DH and 1B might be best options when not RHP in college. Just think his best chance at $$$ in draft is RHP.

Maybe he’s the next Rick Ankiel. If pitching doesn’t work out, he can fall back to being a position player or DH.

Scouts don’t look at stats as much as the average fan. It helps, but doesn’t carry as much weight. They know what to look for, projection, etc. and how their game translates to the pros. They understand the reason behind the numbers if there are other circumstances.

This one is especially easy. Measuring pop times happens at every showcase in the country.

Beyond that, I think some of these comments put too much stock in a catcher's ability to throw out runners. Is it a nice thing to have? Sure... But in terms of impacting the outcome of a game, it's WAY down the list from their ability to receive and get called strikes.

I’m nervous that this big news Kendall is referring to is something crazy like Lemonis getting fired at MSU and then they come after Tony with some massive bag and promises of huge baseball NIL money. Probably just my BVS talking though lol 😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m nervous that this big news Kendall is referring to is something crazy like Lemonis getting fired at MSU and then they come after Tony with some massive bag and promises of huge baseball NIL money. Probably just my BVS talking though lol 😂
No way.
Anderson turned down Texas, got the strength coach. The band is back together.

oh-no-baby-danrue.gif

VN Store

Back