College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Big NIL deal for Skenes,, My LSU buddies are happy Tony Vols stayed in Knoxville. Tony Vols reputation right now, NOT good around college baseball. Just what I have been hearing !!!! LSU is spending big time money on NIL ,,

Tony Vols is the reason LSU is upping the ante. THAT'S his reputation now.

LSU has a great 2023 class thanks to their recruiting the portal well. Let's take a look.

Tommy White tranfer from NCS. Hit 362 BA, 27 HRs, 74 RBIs last year as freshman. Fantastic numbers. White was mostly DH for State. Supposedly, wants full time position. Did State offer that to keep him? Coach Vitello visited him in Tampa unable to sign.

Christian Little transfer from Vanderbilt. 4-4 record at Vandy last two years. 4.65 ERA in 81 innings. Analysts...looking to hit his stride.

Dylan Tebrake transfer from Creighton. 8-2 record last year with 115 SOs and ERA of 2.81 in 93 innings. Withdrew name from MLB draft after signing with LSU. Fantastic numbers! Will those numbers hold-up in SEC?

Jack Pineda transfer from Baylor. Hit 300 BA while playing SS for Baylor. Solid player.

Carter Young transfer from Vanderbilt. Hit 207 BA playing SS for Vanderbilt. Good glove. Offense down from 2021.

Thatcher Hurd transfer from UCLA. 1.06 ERA in 34 innings last year. Shut down after stress fractures in spine discovered. Potential for greatness. Spine injury is significant and must be treated with caution.

Paul Skenes transfer from AF. Great player. Pitcher/ 1st base. 2.75 ERA in 85 2/3 innings. Hit 314. Best player out of portal. Difference maker. Coach Vitello hosted him at Tennessee. He chose LSU.

With Crews and Morgan In LSU lineup, they are a formidable opponent.

With Dollander, Burns and Beam as Tennessee's starting rotation...I like our chances. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Big NIL deal for Skenes,, My LSU buddies are happy Tony Vols stayed in Knoxville. Tony Vols reputation right now, NOT good around college baseball. Just what I have been hearing !!!! LSU is spending big time money on NIL ,,
Success tends to make people not like you. I wouldn't trade TV for any other coach in baseball. Not surprised that LSU is trying to buy success. We'll see how that works out for them.

So bad that he was the college coach picked to cover the draft lol

LSU has a great 2023 class thanks to their recruiting the portal well. Let's take a look.

Tommy White tranfer from NCS. Hit 362 BA, 27 HRs, 74 RBIs last year as freshman. Fantastic numbers. White was mostly DH for State. Supposedly, wants full time position. Did State offer that to keep him? Coach Vitello visited him in Tampa unable to sign.

Christian Little transfer from Vanderbilt. 4-4 record at Vandy last two years. 4.65 ERA in 81 innings. Analysts...looking to hit his stride.

Dylan Tebrcke transfer from Creighton. 8-2 record last year with 115 SOs and ERA of 2.81 in 93 innings. Withdrew name from MLB draft after signing with LSU. Fantastic numbers! Will those numbers hold-up in SEC?

Jack Pineda transfer from Baylor. Hit 300 BA while playing SS for Baylor. Solid player.

Carter Young transfer from Vanderbilt. Hit 207 BA playing SS for Vanderbilt. Good glove. Offense down from 2021.

Thatcher Hurd transfer from UCLA. 1.06 ERA in 34 innings last year. Shut down after stress fractures in spine discovered. Potential for greatness. Spine injury is significant and must be treated with caution.

Paul Skenes transfer from AF. Great player. Pitcher/ 1st base. 2.75 ERA in 85 2/3 innings. Hit 314. Best player out of portal. Difference maker. Coach Vitello hosted him at Tennessee. He chose LSU.

With Dollander, Burns and Beam as Tennessee's starting rotation...I like our chances. Go Vols!
Great breakdown @Aladywhovolunteer !😎

Success tends to make people not like you. I wouldn't trade TV for any other coach in baseball. Not surprised that LSU is trying to buy success. We'll see how that works out for them.
Pressure is cranking up on that staff, for sure. You can bet the alums that ponied up for the NLIs, expect success.

That could be national, could be SEC…at this point its an opinion, regardless of he source. Love that they’re jumping out there with an opinion!
Considering Vitello is going to have a brand new outfield and infield, and is still considered one of the top teams in the SEC next year says a lot.

Great find Mad……we’ve got some players returning who can start anywhere and a few surprises that didn’t see much action this year. Not to mention, the best starting rotation in the Nation. We just fine………admittedly, I sure wish Reggie was on campus, that one stings a little.

Great find Mad……we’ve got some players returning who can start anywhere and a few surprises that didn’t see much action this year. Not to mention, the best starting rotation in the Nation. We just fine………admittedly, I sure wish Reggie was on campus, that one stings a little.

Eager to see the development of Chambers, Booker, Ensley, Tears, and others will in 2023. Some of these guys will make a huge jump, we just don’t know who.

Eager to see the development of Chambers, Booker, Ensley, Tears, and others will in 2023. Some of these guys will make a huge jump, we just don’t know who.
I think all 4 of those guys could have huge years. I’ve always liked Booker, I think when he can get everyday reps he will be another Ortega.

Dylan Tebrcke transfer from Creighton. 8-2 record last year with 115 SOs and ERA of 2.81 in 93 innings. Withdrew name from MLB draft after signing with LSU. Fantastic numbers! Will those numbers hold-up in SEC?

Tebrake was an outstanding snag by LSU but he signed with the Mets after he got drafted in the 8th round.

Fair enough. I guess, I put more emphasis on where I live and the community ... cause I can get the job I want ... in any state.
Which is why I live in East Tn!
Agreed…for us common folks lol. Just don’t think athletes, other then perhaps free agents with multiple opportunities, consider those things; especially not a 22 yr old being handed $2M.

Dylan Tebrake transfer from Creighton. 8-2 record last year with 115 SOs and ERA of 2.81 in 93 innings. Withdrew name from MLB draft after signing with LSU. Fantastic numbers! Will those numbers hold-up in SEC?

Tebrake didn’t pull out, he signed with the Mets.

Edit: my bad didn’t see it already posted.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Why? Because he is kicking all their asses on the recruiting trail and on the field? Pissed he woke up a sleeping giant?

I think all 4 of those guys could have huge years. I’ve always liked Booker, I think when he can get everyday reps he will be another Ortega.

You and me both about Booker. I think he has a high ceiling. Good defender, speed, power, LH hitter. If he can put it together, he'll be terrific.

VN Store

Back