College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Per D1 Baseball. Doesn't sound promising right now.

"As for the rest of the Transfer Portal, all eyes are on what Air Force two-way standout Paul Skenes will decide. The All-American is reportedly down to LSU, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Arkansas."

Per D1 Baseball. Doesn't sound promising right now.

"As for the rest of the Transfer Portal, all eyes are on what Air Force two-way standout Paul Skenes will decide. The All-American is reportedly down to LSU, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Arkansas."
The equivalent of a football recruit’s top 3 being Florida, Georgia, Alabama lol

Can’t tell if he just doesn’t have any interest in playing here or if we stopped recruiting him because he wants to pitch and we don’t have room in our rotation.

Who knows. But, hopefully another season or two like the last few and we’ll be a household name in the running for more elite transfers, and in that same group of programs.

Can’t tell if he just doesn’t have any interest in playing here or if we stopped recruiting him because he wants to pitch and we don’t have room in our rotation.

Who knows. But, hopefully another season or two like the last few and we’ll be a household name in the running for more elite transfers, and in that same group of programs.

I think it unlikely that he values any of those programs a lot more than ours. I'd guess it's come down to where his interests are the best fit roster-wise.

I think it unlikely that he values any of those programs a lot more than ours. I'd guess it's come down to where his interests are the best fit roster-wise.

It would make sense. It has felt our chances with him were over for quite some time. Just not enough to offer him when it comes to playing time.

I’ll just always remember fondly the 3-4 days after we lost in the Supers where Paul Skenes was on campus and Ben McKee told us Skenes was “All Vol”.

Good times. Good times.

It would make sense. It has felt our chances with him were over for quite some time. Just not enough to offer him when it comes to playing time.

I’ll just always remember fondly the 3-4 days after we lost in the Supers where Paul Skenes was on campus and Ben McKee told us Skenes was “All Vol”.

Good times. Good times.
I wouldn’t underestimate this staff…….

Also, Reggie is needing a BIG number, its going to be interesting if the Giants pony up the number he wants, I say they probably will but you never know.

I may need to change my tag line back to Mr. Optimistic.

Also, Reggie is needing a BIG number, its going to be interesting if the Giants pony up the number he wants, I say they probably will but you never know.

I love it, OT. Your optimism is fueling me this week. Been a rough one at work. Vol till he ain’t!!!!

That wouldn't make any sense since we were offering Crawford the ability to play both ways.... I don't know. Just an odd recruitment all the way around, to be honest.

That wouldn't make any sense since we were offering Crawford the ability to play both ways.... I don't know. Just an odd recruitment all the way around, to be honest.

Yep. It's rare to have an All American caliber catcher/hitter who is looking for a weekend starting slot on an elite program's pitching staff.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maybe. Just maybe. We’re good with what we got? I reckon CTV and CFA deserve a smidgen of credit.

You're right. The haul out of the transfer portal has been very impressive. And the returners are as well. The shear number of players who were drafted/signed this season says this staff really does know what they are doing.

Good times. Good times.
More proof that the “experts” really don’t know what a recruit might do. They get bonus points for first one with the goods when they are correct, but often they are wrong as well.

Tick tock ... clocks winding down ... will he sign ... or not? Where is my Vector Clock when I need it? :^))))))
Just my 2cents, but there is not enough money to get me to go live in San Francisco at this time!!!! If Reggie was in my care, I would demand a trade or tell them, "There is another draft in a little over 300 days ... I think I'll wait."
The new city motto is : "What's mine is mine and what's in your possession is soon to be mine too!"
"There are now many more drug users in the city (San Francisco) than high school students."
Crime Dashboard | San Francisco Police Department
Why San Francisco Is Nearly The Most Crime-Ridden City In The US

Last edited:
Tick tock ... clocks winding down ... will he sign ... or not? Where is my Vector Clock when I need it? :^))))))
Just my 2cents, but there is not enough money to get me to go live in San Francisco at this time!!!! If Reggie was in my care, I would demand a trade or tell them, "There is another draft in a little over 300 days ... I think I'll wait."
The new city motto is : "What's mine is mine and what's in your possession is soon to be mine too!"
"There are now many more drug users in the city (San Francisco) than high school students."
Crime Dashboard | San Francisco Police Department
Why San Francisco Is Nearly The Most Crime-Ridden City In The US
Doubt guys make professional sports decisions based on the politics/happenings of the city their employer is based in.

A) he’d only be in SF for 81+/- days in a year the other 81 on the road and off-season live where you want
B) it’ll likely be 2-3 years before he’s in SF full time anyway so what’s happening in SF today is not entirely relevant to his future in the city

Doubt guys make professional sports decisions based on the politics/happenings of the city their employer is based in.

A) he’d only be in SF for 81+/- days in a year the other 81 on the road and off-season live where you want
B) it’ll likely be 2-3 years before he’s in SF full time anyway so what’s happening in SF today is not entirely relevant to his future in the city

He has tpt take into account the outrageous, immoral, confiscatory taxes in the state of California and the city of San Francisco, which must be among the highest - if not the highest - in the nation. If he owes taxes on his income to those jurisdictions, it could take a huge bite out of his signing bonus. If that's the case, wouldn't it be lovely if it caused him to come to UT in hopes of getting drafted by someone else in the future? One can dream.

VN Store

Back