College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

He has tpt take into account the outrageous, immoral, confiscatory taxes in the state of California and the city of San Francisco, which must be among the highest - if not the highest - in the nation. If he owes taxes on his income to those jurisdictions, it could take a huge bite out of his signing bonus. If that's the case, wouldn't it be lovely if it caused him to come to UT in hopes of getting drafted by someone else in the future? One can dream.
Professional athletes pay taxes in a wide number of places: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/04/13/tax-day-april-15-accountant-pro-athletes/25742385/

"The history of jock taxes has its roots in the 1960s, but its heyday began in earnest in 1991, when California assessed state income taxes on the Chicago Bulls for games played in California. Not coincidentally, that was the year Michael Jordan's Bulls beat the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. Illinois came up with its own jock taxes, which pundits called Michael Jordan's Revenge." Thanks for posting this.

Of course it started with Taxifornia. Like I said: Immoral and outrageous.

Doubt guys make professional sports decisions based on the politics/happenings of the city their employer is based in.

A) he’d only be in SF for 81+/- days in a year the other 81 on the road and off-season live where you want
B) it’ll likely be 2-3 years before he’s in SF full time anyway so what’s happening in SF today is not entirely relevant to his future in the city
Fair enough. I guess, I put more emphasis on where I live and the community ... cause I can get the job I want ... in any state.
Which is why I live in East Tn!

Big NIL deal for Skenes,, My LSU buddies are happy Tony Vols stayed in Knoxville. Tony Vols reputation right now, NOT good around college baseball. Just what I have been hearing !!!! LSU is spending big time money on NIL ,,

Big NIL deal for Skenes,, My LSU buddies are happy Tony Vols stayed in Knoxville. Tony Vols reputation right now, NOT good around college baseball. Just what I have been hearing !!!! LSU is spending big time money on NIL ,,

Your LSU buddies are FOS. They aren’t beating us in the portal due to “Tony’s reputation.” Tony was literally THE pick to be the guest analyst during the MLB draft. We just landed the #1 prospect arguably in the 2026 class for high school. LSU has had an absolutely incredible run this off-season in the portal, but this is all about their commitment to NIL in baseball, which possibly no other school is willing to match.

All of the Tennessee money is going to football. It just is what it is. Stupid to say that Tony has a bad reputation and is costing us transfers.

Your LSU buddies are FOS. They aren’t beating us in the portal due to “Tony’s reputation.” Tony was literally THE pick to be the guest analyst during the MLB draft. We just landed the #1 prospect arguably in the 2026 class for high school. LSU has had an absolutely incredible run this off-season in the portal, but this is all about their commitment to NIL in baseball, which possibly no other school is willing to match.

All of the Tennessee money is going to football. It just is what it is. Stupid to say that Tony has a bad reputation and is costing us transfers.

I'd imagine LSU fans don't like TV so much now seeing as he has been whipping their tails repeatedly

Good get yes and spending NIL yes but reputation is in no way effecting this. He wants to pitch not catch and going to be tough here to do that and also you can sign all the quote “portal stars you want” but the game is still played on the field not on paper. We will see for the “best team” does not mean you always win.

Arkansas won’t be ahead of us. But, I’m totally fine with LSU being the hype train team this season and getting all the buzz. I’ve already seen their fans heads expand three sizes after their portal season.

Yeah I expect Arkansas to start out around #10 or so. Pitching should be solid but lots of question marks with the lineup after replacing so many starters.

VN Store

Back