College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Reggie Crawford is another great player that Coach Vitello has gotten a commitment from this cycle.
After only pitching 7 and 2/3 innings in college before injury, the MLB pitching buzz comes from Reggie's summer in the Cape Cod League. Although, limited innings in the summer league as well, Reggie hit 101 + MPH on radar. Major Buzz!
Drew Gilbert played in Cape Cod League and he and Reggie became friends thus the pictures of Drew (taken by Reggie) at LNS.

I think the chances of Reggie playing one year at Tennessee are good. He told his head coach at UCONN he wanted to play in the SEC. His head coach (Penders) supports that decision. Coach Penders said he would do anything for Reggie, as he was a super kid and had a bright future.

Coach Penders and other UCONN staff members are touting Reggie as a first round draft pick as they should. However, most mock drafts have him between the 44th and 80th pick. Reading Reggie's comments leads me to believe, he wants a year to rehap and gradually get back to his oldself. So, unless he is drafted where a healthy Reggie Crawford should expect to be drafted, I think we will have the joy of seeing him play in Knoxville. Hope so. Either way, wish him the best of luck.

Last edited:
Reggie Crawford is another great player that Coach Vitello has gotten a commitment ftom this cycle.
After only pitching 7 and 2/3 innings in college before injury, the MLB pitching buzz comes from Reggie's summer in the Cape Cod League. Although, limited innings in the summer league as well, Reggie hit 101 + MPH on radar. Major Buzz!
Drew Gilbert played in Cape Cod League and he and Reggie became friends thus the pictures of Drew (taken by Reggie) at LNS.

I think the chances of Reggie playing one year at Tennessee are good. He told his head coach at UCONN he wanted to play in the SEC. His head coach (Penders) supports that decision. Coach Penders said he would do anything for Reggie, as he was a super kid and had a bright future.

Coach Penders and other UCONN staff members are touting Reggie as a first round draft pick as they should. However, most mock drafts have him between the 44th and 80th pick. Reading Reggie's comments leads me to believe, he wants a year to rehap and gradually get back to his oldself. So, unless he is drafted where a healthy Reggie Crawford should expect to be drafted, I think we will have the joy of seeing him play in Knoxville. Hope so. Either way, wish him the best of luck.

Kid is the most athletic first baseman I've seen in a while. Even more than the walking Q-tip at LSU.

Vitello was on with John and Jimmy today and he mentioned a player had "jumped ship" because of signing Maui and he'd been replaced by a switch hitting INF (Denton). The three guys in the portal are two pitchers and a catcher. Any ideas whom he may have been referring to?

Vitello was on with John and Jimmy today and he mentioned a player had "jumped ship" because of signing Maui and he'd been replaced by a switch hitting INF (Denton). The three guys in the portal are two pitchers and a catcher. Any ideas whom he may have been referring to?
Possibly Cortland but I hope not. Had to be unnerving (and perhaps a bit distracting) for the kid when Ahuna was visiting during Supers. I get it but just wish there was a better way to host visits that appear that you are “recruiting over” an existing player. Can you imagine how it could adversely impact our starting SS when a stud transfer portal SS is on a campus visit during Supers? Not saying it was wrong on either side, but just pointing out how distracting and potentially adversarial it could be.

Last edited:
Looking at that list, it is unbelievable what LSU bought this year from the portal.
They're the clear winners on paper. Was kinda surprised at how active Arky was. Clearly it's the SEC then everyone else. League is just brutal.

Possibly Cortland but I hope not. Had to be unnerving (and perhaps a bit distracting) for the kid when Ahuna was visiting during Supers. I get it but just wish there was a better way to host visits that appear that you are “recruiting over” an existing player. Can you imagine how it could adversely impact our starting SS when a stud transfer portal SS is on a campus visit during Supers? Not saying it was wrong on either side, but just pointing out how distracting and potentially adversarial it could be.

I think Cortland was likely gone regardless. I could be proven wrong this weekend, but I think he’ll get drafted and go because he is a bit older. My guess is since no other names in the portal have been mentioned for us the player that “jumped ship” was someone who we thought we’d land from the portal but didn’t because we got Maui.

I think Cortland was likely gone regardless. I could be proven wrong this weekend, but I think he’ll get drafted and go because he is a bit older. My guess is since no other names in the portal have been mentioned for us the player that “jumped ship” was someone who we thought we’d land from the portal but didn’t because we got Maui.
I hope you’re right but assume the plan was to move Cort to 3rd when they received Ahuna’s commitment. If he jumped ship, that explains the need to get the Bama 3rd baseman. Typically I think the term “jumped ship“ would be used for an existing player but I’m obviously just speculating. Either way, the position players for the 23 team will basically be all new with the exception of Seth (who also may go by the way of the draft).

I think with the potential of having a team full of MLB prospects, and draft-eligible ones at that, CTV has to protect his team's talent margin by constantly looking to fill potential gaps caused by guys who leave early. No fault to those guys, either. Absolutely, go get paid and strike while the iron is hot.

I think it might have only been adversarial tp bring in Maui if Lawson had already indicated his intention to CTV to return for 2023. Even then, there were avenues to work around. Maui could play 2B where we will likely have a hole to fill, or Lawson could move to 3B unless he's simply married to the idea of playing SS, exclusively.

I think you have a solid point in that it could affect the mental part (focus) in a highly-contested atmosphere like the Supers, but at the same time, CTV has to manage the long game, as well.

Pretty sure it was a JUCO guy. It definitely wasn’t Cortland, though I expect he will go in the draft.

It went beyond that since Ahuna actually announced his commitment on the morning of supers game 1 (June 10). I didn't want to say anything at the time, but I can see someone who plays the same position and still has eligibility remaining the following year not being too excited about a transfer announcing on the day of supers game 1.

VN Store

Back