College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

I am skeptical he ever makes it to campus, so seems like a weird move. Kendall Rogers seems to think it might be a leverage move, but like why not just stay at UCONN? He still has eligibility there, too. Hope he makes it, I just don’t think he will.
I just hope we can sell him on becoming a first round pick in next years draft. The difference in value between an early third round pick and a late first round pick is around 2 million dollars.

Kendall could be right though. He could force someone to overpay him in the 3rd round if he seems like he's going to go back to school.

I am skeptical he ever makes it to campus, so seems like a weird move. Kendall Rogers seems to think it might be a leverage move, but like why not just stay at UCONN? He still has eligibility there, too. Hope he makes it, I just don’t think he will.

He's projected anywhere from 1st to 3d rounds in the MLB draft coming up, according to brief look at what google brings up. He's had his Tommy John and recovered, so that helps him in the draft. But he has only pitched 8 college innings total, which is gonna make a lot of teams come off of him as an early rounder. I could see him coming back for a year of college IF he doesn't get what he thinks is his potential in the draft, and get it next year. I'd say odds are 2 or 3 to 1 he will go to pro ball in this draft. He might have gone transfer portal to Tennessee for draft leverage because it's more believable to the pros he would go back to school for Frank Anderson coaching than what he was getting at uconn. Or he might sincerely want to be coached by Anderson if he doesn't get the money he wants in the draft. I sure hope we get to keep him for a year, but I agree with you, we probably won't. If he stays, could he win a starting job? Would he be long relief? Closer? Hard to tell.

He's projected anywhere from 1st to 3d rounds in the MLB draft coming up, according to brief look at what google brings up. He's had his Tommy John and recovered, so that helps him in the draft. But he has only pitched 8 college innings total, which is gonna make a lot of teams come off of him as an early rounder. I could see him coming back for a year of college IF he doesn't get what he thinks is his potential in the draft, and get it next year. I'd say odds are 2 or 3 to 1 he will go to pro ball in this draft. He might have gone transfer portal to Tennessee for draft leverage because it's more believable to the pros he would go back to school for Frank Anderson coaching than what he was getting at uconn. Or he might sincerely want to be coached by Anderson if he doesn't get the money he wants in the draft. I sure hope we get to keep him for a year, but I agree with you, we probably won't. If he stays, could he win a starting job? Would he be long relief? Closer? Hard to tell.
This. ⬆️

Additionally a year playing for Tennessee offers him a higher profile to showcase his ability. And of course, though its affect on the college baseball world is lesser known, and perhaps less impactful, NIL is a potential hurdle that MLB has to contend with.

Maybe he did it for the free UT merch 😜

2A1255B0-168A-49A1-AAF4-72B8C1F1AB7E.jpegD4B627AF-2ADE-437E-9687-539C9B75DE57.jpegEC03C6C0-C6DD-4EA1-BFE9-E501BC90A583.jpeg

So, if Crawford is drafted, will he be designated as a Tennessee Volunteer during the draft?
For administrative and numerical draft order for the supplemental first round picks, he will not be designated a University of Tennessee player. He will be re-designated for Tennessee in the second round raffle portion of the draft. If he is designated as such and subsequently drafted under that designation, it will cause the drafting team to forfeit a Central American free agent slot in the 2024 draft.

For administrative and numerical draft order for the supplemental first round picks, he will not be designated a University of Tennessee player. He will be re-designated for Tennessee in the second round raffle portion of the draft. If he is designated as such and subsequently drafted under that designation, it will cause the drafting team to forfeit a Central American free agent slot in the 2024 draft.

Is this not common knowledge?

VN Store

Back