College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

It went beyond that since Ahuna actually announced his commitment on the morning of supers game 1 (June 10). I didn't want to say anything at the time, but I can see someone who plays the same position and still has eligibility remaining the following year not being too excited about a transfer announcing on the day of supers game 1.
Absolutely. I wish it wouldn’t have been announced until after postseason play. It had to be a level of distraction but I get it.

Just my opinion on big boy stud Crawford, he'll be a Vol next year.

The difference in money between a top 10 type pick and early second round or lower is millions. He's not going to leave that on the table..... No doubt that if he were healthy last year and had good numbers, he would be a very high pick just due to his projectability, size, and athleticism. No major league team will invest millions on a guy with a very limited (but impressive) resume. A year as a Vol, will do wonders to his draft stock.

It went beyond that since Ahuna actually announced his commitment on the morning of supers game 1 (June 10). I didn't want to say anything at the time, but I can see someone who plays the same position and still has eligibility remaining the following year not being too excited about a transfer announcing on the day of supers game 1.
…and hopefully will be addressed by he staff moving forward…

I think Cortland was likely gone regardless. I could be proven wrong this weekend, but I think he’ll get drafted and go because he is a bit older. My guess is since no other names in the portal have been mentioned for us the player that “jumped ship” was someone who we thought we’d land from the portal but didn’t because we got Maui.

That's logical. If it were Steenstra, I'd think he would be in the portal.

Absolutely. I wish it wouldn’t have been announced until after postseason play. It had to be a level of distraction but I get it.

I would think that - as much as CTV is loved by his players - Tony would have met with whoever it was that jumped ship before any announcement was made to explain the move so that the kid - whoever it is - didn't feel stabbed in the back. If it was anyone who was on the team on June 10, he had plenty of time to hit the portal to play somewhere else. Since neither Cortland or Steenstra hit the portal, I assume it wasn't either one of them, unless it cemented a decision by either to turn pro rather than come back and play 3B or 2B. That's a distinct possibility, but you would think with Cortland's marginal arm he knows he won't be playing SS in the major leagues, and Steestra knows he wouldn't get drafted. If it was someone who was set to join the team either from the portal or by HS or JC recruitment, we will probably never know.

I'm pretty sure Steenstra is not coming back but I had heard he was not coming back part of the way through the spring. I'm not positive but I think he is giving up playing. He is a very smart young man who has an opportunity for an elite master's program fully paid in he midwest, from what I was told. I don't know if that is who TV is talking about but it could be. I don't know of anyone else not coming back but I know there are several who have made it clear they are going if they get any draft opportunity. We probably will not know for sure until late August when school starts back.

Just my opinion on big boy stud Crawford, he'll be a Vol next year.

The difference in money between a top 10 type pick and early second round or lower is millions. He's not going to leave that on the table..... No doubt that if he were healthy last year and had good numbers, he would be a very high pick just due to his projectability, size, and athleticism. No major league team will invest millions on a guy with a very limited (but impressive) resume. A year as a Vol, will do wonders to his draft stock.

Would be huge. He’s an elite player. Definitely would go a long way to replacing Luc’s production and we probably wouldn’t miss a beat defensively. I hope it happens.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Georgia baseball head coach Scott Stricklin knew he and his staff would need to add some transfers to fill out the roster for the 2023 campaign.

That’s just what he’s been able to do.

Stricklin confirmed Monday the signing of seven newcomers (five through the transfer portal and two from junior college), which he hopes will further strengthen next year's squad.

Topping the list is Polk State College shortstop Dakota Harris, the NJCAA Co-Defensive Player of the Year.

Harris boasted a .973 fielding percentage and committed just four errors in 150 chances as a sophomore. Harris also helped the Eagles turn 28 double plays this past season.

A first-team All-Suncoast Conference selection, Harris was named the Suncoast Conference Defensive Player of the Year for the second year in a row in 2022. He was also named FCSAA Defensive Player of the Year.

He can also swing the bat. Harris batted .347 with five home runs, 36 RBI, and 15 stolen bases, despite tweaking his hamstring 10 games into the season Harris wrapped up summer ball in the Cape Cod League as a member of the Bourne Braves.

“He’s a really good player, he’s a switch hitter and has some power,” Stricklin said. “He won the gold glove in junior college, so he’s just a really, really good player. He checks all the boxes. We’re really excited to get Dakota.”

Harris was originally committed to SEC rival Tennessee, but after the Vols received a commitment from touted Kansas transfer Maui Ahuna, the Florida native turned to the Bulldogs, who told UGASports that Georgia was always in his top two.

“It was more of a … just a fair shot at competing at Georgia and having the opportunity to play shortstop. It didn’t seem that was the case at Tennessee anymore with what they had done,” Harris said. “Obviously they’ve (Tennessee) got a great team, but it was just the best thing for my career.”

The Bulldogs were obviously more than happy to get another crack at Harris, who stole 22 bases his freshman year.

Harris is not the only middle infielder transferring to Georgia.

UGA Rivals

Sorry, Dakota. But, I’m happy to have Maui. Good luck in the Dawg Pound.

I've always heard the players mention that nothing is given on the team and you have to compete for your spot. If Mr. Harris already feels he can't compete with Maui, then I figure we came out on the better end of the deal.

Of course, it's human nature to seek the least path of resistance for playing time, so going to Dawgville was maybe the right path for him. Good luck to him except when he plays us.

Last edited:
You can’t just tease us like this.
IDK??? He talked like it was news today and couldn’t really comment on it, doesn’t know if it’s been reported yet but pen is to paper and it finalizes our roster!!
I’m trying to find out what the heck he is talking about. I kinda zoned out during the interview and then I was like wait, what??

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
IDK??? He talked like it was news today and couldn’t really comment on it, doesn’t know if it’s been reported yet but pen is to paper and it finalizes our roster!!
I’m trying to find out what the heck he is talking about. I kinda zoned out during the interview and then I was like wait, what??
Zoned out or…..

A389E120-E915-4841-9818-B8A0DAE77C8B.png

VN Store

Back