College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

I meant the bat, but I assume worse fielder goes to DH unless White can cut it at 3B.

My best guess for a lineup next year in the "I live in La La Land" scenario

Jared Dickey LF
Maui Ahuna SS
Tommy White 1B
Blake Burke DH
Jorel Ortega 2B
C Paul Skenes
Cortland Lawson 3B
Kyle Booker CF
Colby Backus RF
P Burns/Dollander/Beam

Last edited:

I really hope Frank takes a long look at this one. Gannaway sank us with 9Ks, 0H, 0ER in 5.2 relief innings during the wood bat game.

Weird. His era for the year was 9.48. He was terrible before the UT game and terrible after. He gave up a run in every appearance this year but UT and 1/3 of an inning vs Lipscomb. He gave up 4 runs to UK and never got an out. The guy that started that game for Tech ended the year with a 9.00. He was horrible all year - before and after UT. They might be statistically the 2 worst pitchers we faced in the same game all year. And we couldn't hit them with a tennis racket

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Jared Dickey LF
Maui Ahuna SS
Tommy White 1B
Blake Burke DH
Jorel Ortega 2B
Cortland Lawson 3B
Kyle Booker CF
Colby Backus RF
P Burns/Dollander/Beam
Don't disagree with any of that but Christian Moore has looked really good in some recent appearances and it seems like it will be difficult to keep him out of the lineup next year.

Jared Dickey LF
Maui Ahuna SS
Tommy White 1B
Blake Burke DH
Jorel Ortega 2B
Cortland Lawson 3B
Kyle Booker CF
Colby Backus RF
P Burns/Dollander/Beam
It’s semantics but I’d have Ahuna leading off because you don’t want a double digit base stealer behind a guy like Dickey, who’s legs aren’t exactly his weapon.

Don't disagree with any of that but Christian Moore has looked really good in some recent appearances and it seems like it will be difficult to keep him out of the lineup next year.

Agreed. This is why I said "La La Land" scenario haha. Also, realized I didn't include C in the post originally, so I made an edit.

Christian Moore will definitely play next year, I'm just not sure where. Ahuna is the one transfer we know is almost certainly coming here and he is a SS, so between Lawson/Ahuna (both SS) there isn't a place for Moore. My guess is that if Ortega does get a high enough grade to go pro, Moore would learn 2nd in the off-season. Otherwise, Moore might have to learn to play OF.

Complete fantasy scenario lineup of:

Ahuna SS
Moore CF
White 1B
Burke LF
Ortega 2B
Skenes DH
Backus RF
Dickey C
Lawson 3B

Reactions: HeadVol77
Y'all be skipping on Steenstra. I bet he earns a shot at 3rd. His glove is very good from what I've saw.

I think there is a lot still up in the air for next year, but Steenstra will play if Lawson leaves. If Lawson stays, I wouldn't be shocked if Steenstra transfers out. We'd have a pretty crowded infield. It also depends on Ortega, too. Hard to really know how the pieces fall until Lawson and Ortega make their decisions.

Y'all be skipping on Steenstra. I bet he earns a shot at 3rd. His glove is very good from what I've saw.

For my money, and I've seen all but a handful (5-6) of the games the last 2 years, Steenstra is the best glove on our team. Now I haven't personally seen the Flyin' Hawaiian - Ahuna - so not sure how they compare, but man Logan can sure pick it on D. His bat is not to shabby either IMO.

The crazy part is we are all forgetting about Logan Chambers who we beat out everyone in the country for and was our best hitter in the fall.

I’ve not forgotten about him. It’s just been said that he is not very good defensively. Even if he makes big strides with the bat this off-season, I struggle to find where he’ll play unless he can improve his fielding. The good news for Chambers is we lose our entire OF after this season, so the playing time is there if he can make improvements.

Oooooooooo baby. I had not seen that. Can you imagine if we pull both Ahuna and White? Like, geez we thought people hated us this year. We might not have seen the peak of the hatred yet.

That would be unreal. This team is going to be very good next year regardless, but Burke and Tommy Tanks…?

1654729049464.gif

Not at all sleeping on him. I think he would be a great full-time player, but in fantasy land if Lawson, Ortega, White, Ahuna, etc are here next year I'm not seeing where he plays. Same for Booker.

I love Logan Steenstra. Great player who has been amazing to my kids in several interactions. I wish he could get on the field more because I’d really hate to see him leave… but yeah if we’re really bringing in multiple first-rounders from the transfer portal, it makes it tougher for guys like Steenstra to get in the line-up, obviously.

I love Logan Steenstra. Great player who has been amazing to my kids in several interactions. I wish he could get on the field more because I’d really hate to see him leave… but yeah if we’re really bringing in multiple first-rounders from the transfer portal, it makes it tougher for guys like Steenstra to get in the line-up, obviously.
Don't count him out yet , he has good teachers. See Trey Lipscomb , hope he's the next one. I thought he may even start this year. If his hitting picks up there a very good chance next year. GBO !!!

Even I am not orange-shaded goggles hard enough to think we land all 3 of those, haha. If we landed Skenes and Ahuna, we'd have 3 of the Top 5 2023 MLB prospects on our team (Skenes, Dolly, Ahuna). How absurd would that be?
So you are saying the BaseVols might, maybe, a slight chance... be picked higher than 4th preseason SEC East in 2023?

VN Store

Back