College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

I think so if everyone stays healthy. I think the draft is the unknown but you should have Halverson either take one of the starting roles or be the stud out of the bullpen, Kirby back, McGlothlin back, Mabrey back, and Evans back who all have experience to varying degrees unless someone gets an opportunity in draft. Then you have some guys coming in, I know there are 2 juco guys that have top level experience as RHP's. Got to believe you will get one pitcher in transfer portal and then this years freshman class. Just know that the ones coming in probably will have to go to bullpen because there are no spots as starters open. I would think Zander keeps midweek.

I think so if everyone stays healthy. I think the draft is the unknown but you should have Halverson either take one of the starting roles or be the stud out of the bullpen, Kirby back, McGlothlin back, Mabrey back, and Evans back who all have experience to varying degrees unless someone gets an opportunity in draft. Then you have some guys coming in, I know there are 2 juco guys that have top level experience as RHP's. Got to believe you will get one pitcher in transfer portal and then this years freshman class. Just know that the ones coming in probably will have to go to bullpen because there are no spots as starters open. I would think Zander keeps midweek.

If TV is correct and Halvorsen is back, I see him as a closer type with Kirby. We could have a great righty-lefty closer combo ala Dibble-Charlton.

I doubt he goes to Vanderbilt and plays for Corbin.
Haha yeah I’d say that’s probably a safe bet. I saw a tweet that thinks he might go juco to be draft eligible after next year. Don’t know how much I believe that but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: MAD
If he returns, I think Beam goes to the pen

I don’t know. Maybe. But, I’m not sure how you send someone like Beam to the pen. The guy has been light’s out most of the year. He’s only going to improve with another off-season with FA. Halvorsen has great stuff, but if I remember right his team at Missouri was pretty inconsistent.

I don’t know. Maybe. But, I’m not sure how you send someone like Beam to the pen. The guy has been light’s out most of the year. He’s only going to improve with another off-season with FA. Halvorsen has great stuff, but if I remember right his team at Missouri was pretty inconsistent.

Yeah, Beam is a starter next year. Halvorsen is not going to supplant anyone in the weekend rotation. He has great stuff, but had control issues and an ERA over 5.00 at Missouri. He’ll be a bullpen arm.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Think about this time last year and how many huge contributors on the 2022 team we didn’t know would be contributors (or even on the team) at this time last year:

Chase Dollander
Drew Beam
Blake Burke
Jared Dickey
Trey Lipscomb (we knew about him, just not that he’d be this good)
Jorel Ortega (see Lipscomb)
Cortland Lawson (see Ortega)

And of course, we didn’t know that Lipcius, Walsh, and Russell would be back (or that Russell would move to Catcher) or that Burns and Moore would bypass pro ball (I’d have bet on both to go pro).

So yeah, I guess we really have little idea what the team will look like next year. But with TV in charge and all those pitchers returning, I’m sure it’ll be good.

Oooooooooo baby. I had not seen that. Can you imagine if we pull both Ahuna and White? Like, geez we thought people hated us this year. We might not have seen the peak of the hatred yet.
I didn’t realize until last night that he hit .362 with double digit 2Bs. Not just a slugger. I think Ahuna is a done deal.

I didn’t realize until last night that he hit .362 with double digit 2Bs. Not just a slugger. I think Ahuna is a done deal.

Yeah, the fact Kendall Rogers announced Ahuna to the portal and then he immediately tweeted out “Watch Tennessee.” That tells me he knew something concrete. I don’t expect we’ll get an announcement till our season ends though.

Yeah, the fact Kendall Rogers announced Ahuna to the portal and then he immediately tweeted out “Watch Tennessee.” That tells me he knew something concrete. I don’t expect we’ll get an announcement till our season ends though.
Yeah I heard Tony might have met with him in the Midwest very shortly after he entered the portal. VERY shortly.

VN Store

Back