Colin Cowherd Gone!

Cowherd is for grownups and I'm glad he will move to FOX if that's the case because I like fox sports and will listen to that over EassPN anyday. I like Jay Mohr. The Herd is advertising that he will be back today and if he is I suspect he will let everyone know what's going on. Might be worth tuning in to see.

Cowherd was pretty good but in the end he's just another guy yammering about sports. Most sports talk is mindless--and terrible value if you listen on the radio, where you got a minute of commercial for every minute of show. And a lot of sports-talk guys know very little about sports, or much of anything for that matter. I can't imagine watching PTI or any espn show other than sportscenter--they're all dumb. Kornheiser has a radio show in D.C. that is pretty good because he's bright and he and his crew and guests talk about a lot of different things, some far afield of sports.

He still on the Team? For some reason, I got that station on AM when I was stationed in south Georgia...loved Tony on there (dropped callers who asked "what's going on?"). ESPN is such a drone factory that he's been suspended countless times and muted down just to stay.

For my money it doesn't get any better than listening to Berman do the U.S. Open. It's like a combination of Fergie and angels singing. I would say Emmy worthy.

That might be, but his homerun calls during homerun derby are un-listenable

He still on the Team? For some reason, I got that station on AM when I was stationed in south Georgia...loved Tony on there (dropped callers who asked "what's going on?"). ESPN is such a drone factory that he's been suspended countless times and muted down just to stay.

He would have no callers if he were on the air in East TN.

"Hey Jimmy. Hey John. How y'all doing?"

Next caller..."Hey Jimmy. Hey John. How y'all doing?"

Next caller..." "

Then Roger calls! :thud:

Reactions: 1 person
He would have no callers if he were on the air in East TN.

"Hey Jimmy. Hey John. How y'all doing?"

Next caller..."Hey Jimmy. Hey John. How y'all doing?"

Next caller..." "

Then Roger calls! :thud:

It takes Roger 40 minutes to ask what's going on. :). It's such a crutch for callers...I wish more hosts had Kornheiser's policy.

It takes Roger 40 minutes to ask what's going on. :). It's such a crutch for callers...I wish more hosts had Kornheiser's policy.

Dan LeBatard does it as well...got it from Kornheiser.

They finally had to abruptly hang up on Roger yesterday. You could almost hear the program director screaming at Hyams to cut him off.

Meh, Colin was okay, honestly I'll miss Van Pelt more though. Most enjoyable program on ESPN was SVP and Russilo IMO.

Dan LeBatard does it as well...got it from Kornheiser.

They finally had to abruptly hang up on Roger yesterday. You could almost hear the program director screaming at Hyams to cut him off.

Roger called Finebaum awhile back...comedy gold watching blood vessels in Paul's head. :lol:

Still not a good look for ESPN.

They tolerated these comments for years and decided to do something about it with a week left on his contract.

I didn't even think the comment was that bad anyway. When all you do is talk for 3 hours or more a day, this kind of thing will happen eventually.

Meh

Out of context it might seem like it but if they heard what he said, it wasn't.

Exactly. Media just doing what the media does. Every damn thing anyone says is racist ..... and if it's not, let's edit a sound bite to remove the context. Political correctness run amok once again. And to be sure, I'm not much of a cowherd fan.

He talked about it again today saying half the players speak English, a lot speak Spanish and Japanese and Korean, that they don't have to communicate, that's why it's not too complex. It's not like football or basketball where players always communicate and tell each other where to go.

VN Store

Back