Coker is finished

Adios, Coker! Congratulations ... you're the newest member of the Major Wingate All-Stars. Go have a seat next to Reggie Cobb, James Banks, and all the other guys who couldn't stay clean.

Welcome to the board utmba93. If you post more often they can be shorter :)

Adios, Coker! Congratulations ... you're the newest member of the Major Wingate All-Stars. Go have a seat next to Reggie Cobb, James Banks, and all the other guys who couldn't stay clean.

Even Coker will look back on this some day and think, "What an idiot!":crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

i liked John Adams' take on the sports page. He asked, "how many drug tests has Coker PASSED?"

ooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkk. Im guessing you're the guy that's never made a mistake, right?

I certainly never had the opportunity to play D-1 football at as school like UT, nor the chance to sign a lucrative NFL contract. I am sick of seeing these guys throw their future away. I also think discipline has been lacking for a few years on the hill, and the thug culture is about to ruin high level athletics. It is time to make it special to put on the Tennessee uniform. If they have team discipline on and off the field most of our problems will take care of themselves, and we will be a strong program again. How many times do you want to see athletes crash and burn and the team suffer...what sense does that make? If this crap doesn't get stopped, expect more of the same! The average NFL career is around 3 to 4 years...after that when the millions are in the bank, retire and party all you want!

Good move by Fulmer and a great quote from him. When you accept that scholarship to play bigtime Football, you have a responsibility to walk a straight line. It is time for some of these young athletes to stop be blinded by the superstar image and actually present yourself in a positive way. Any other words GROW THE F' UP AND ACT LIKE SOMEBODY. :peace:

Fulmer did not do anything. It was an automatic revocation of his scholarship. Fulmer has the opportunity to enforce a tough-love policy but chose the standard "easy love"policy. This atmosphere at UT will not change unless we cut off the head of the snake.
The superstar image is only compounded by its athletic department when they allow you to break the law 3 times before severe action is enforced.
Are we afraid to upset these players to the point we relax the rules? No wonder there is no team cohesion.

Fulmer did not do anything. It was an automatic revocation of his scholarship. Fulmer has the opportunity to enforce a tough-love policy but chose the standard "easy love"policy. This atmosphere at UT will not change unless we cut off the head of the snake.
The superstar image is only compounded by its athletic department when they allow you to break the law 3 times before severe action is enforced.
Are we afraid to upset these players to the point we relax the rules? No wonder there is no team cohesion.

Fulmer is the one who dismissed him from the team. :yes:

Fulmer is the one who dismissed him from the team. :yes:

Read the university policy. Fulmer did nothing of the sort. The rule is in place. He just acted the tough role in a situation that he had no control. The results are sent to the AD and automatically revoked the scholarship in accordance to NCAA rule.

Level IV (Fourth positive test for Marijuana or Third positive for other illegal drug)
The student-athlete will be permanently suspended from intercollegiate athletic competition at
the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. In addition, the student-athlete’s athletic scholarship
will be revoked in accordance with NCAA procedure.

Those of you asking if the posters wanting an earlier dismissal never made a mistake, bringing up glass houses, etc, are forgetting Coker represents the university, the state and all the past University of Tennessee greats.

Excuse me but if he kicked him off for a 4th failed test then Fulmer should get NO credit. As in ZERO. He had no choice. The only way Fulmer did anything right is if he kicked him off despite a negative test for missing counseling.

Excuse me but if he kicked him off for a 4th failed test then Fulmer should get NO credit. As in ZERO. He had no choice. The only way Fulmer did anything right is if he kicked him off despite a negative test for missing counseling.
Come on man. He originally suspended him from the ULL game. That takes some cojones, right?

Come on man. He originally suspended him from the ULL game. That takes some cojones, right?

He had already failed 3 drug tests and not attending drug classes. CPF was being very generous. If he had any sort of cojones he would have gotten rid of the cancer long ago.

He had already failed 3 drug tests and not attending drug classes. CPF was being very generous. If he had any sort of cojones he would have gotten rid of the cancer long ago.
Apparently your sarcasm radar is on the blink......

after the third in imho. At least the school has done the right thing at this point. We did not need him desperatley anyway. Good riddance and hope he gets his life together. More to life than football.

Apparently your sarcasm radar is on the blink......
no sarcasm needed - Fulmer let a weak policy dictate his decisions when he could have enforced stricter guideines. Come on- you break the law 4 times before taking sever action? The man is weak and has been for a decade.

no sarcasm needed - Fulmer let a weak policy dictate his decisions when he could have enforced stricter guideines. Come on- you break the law 4 times before taking sever action? The man is weak and has been for a decade.

Not to take up for CPF but......... It is what It Is. We have tooooo many Thugs on the team. I appreciate Fulmer for giving Coker the 3 chances he gave him. Other Coaches have been know to do more than what Fulmer did. Face it Coker did it to himself. Drugs are Drugs but lets face it. Name one program that has a Zero Tolerance Program. Thought so....... it is actually reversed........Penn State has basically no follow through policy. Three is the Norm with NCAA major programs unfortunately sad but true.

According to what was reported earlier in the day yesterday, Fulmer CHOSE to dismiss Coker based on the fact that he was not attending his treatment classes that was part of his reinstatement earlier in the year. Now its being reported that it was a fourth failed test. Which ever way it is or was, he is gone and that's that.

Here's a quote from Fulmer yesterday before the reports that Coker failed his 4th drug test...

"I felt like he wasn't doing what he needed to do, and we needed to go on about our business as a football team," Fulmer said following a walk-through Friday in the Neyland-Thompson Sports Center. "I do wish him well. I'm really disappointed for him, for our football team to a degree, but most of all because it's his life. I hope he gets straightened out and does really well at whatever he chooses to do."

I don't think CPF is week for giving Coker 4 tries, he was only following the policy that was set up. There are schools out there where this kinda thing swept under the rug. I think it is great to see that CPF isn't affraid to rid the team of a problem.

Coker did it to himself, now his free ride is over and I don't feel sorry at all for him.

If Coker wants to get his life straight then I wish him the best.

If not then maybe Coker and Maurice Clarrett will be room mates one day.

VN Store

Back