Coker is finished

So you think a 20 year old young man with such potential shouldnt be given maximum opportunity to succeed? I think what has happened here has been exactly what should have happened. LC was given every possible opportunity to succeed and he didnt take advantage of it, now he's gone. His fault, not Coach Fulmer's.

I don't think he should be given maximum chances after breaking the law.

We have got to find a way to keep Major Wingate off campus...Need to put a restraining order on him..
:eek:lol:

Seriously, what's keeping Eric Berry from returning kicks? It can't be his hands or speed. I would think he would be a great kick returner.

Always sad when anyone wastes the opportunities that they are fortunate to get in this life.....sad day for Lamarcus and his family and a sad day for the Vol program. Hopefully Lamarcus will take this life lesson and get his life in order.

I don't think he should be given maximum chances after breaking the law.
remind yourself of that every time you look down at your spedometer and you're going over speed limit.

after the 1st time, go to the nearest police station and turn yourself in.

:crazy:

Personally I wish Flumer would adopt a "zero tolerance " policy. You fail a drug test, break a team rule, get arrested for anything period you are finished as a vol. We may not be able to field a team, but eventually kids coming into the program would get it. We have huge discipline problems on and off the field, assignments and hundreds of tackles missed, and most of that is discipline and fundamentals. Fulmer needs to get a grip on the program or we will continue to just go thru the motions...and we'll keep working like heck!
Flathead

I can only imagine Jimmy Johnson running Michael Irvin off in Miami and Dallas. :crazy:

remind yourself of that every time you look down at your spedometer and you're going over speed limit.

after the 1st time, go to the nearest police station and turn yourself in.

:crazy:

I already do that. Doesnt everybody?

apparently not. maybe we should set a quota, and then you're required to "self enforce" the law.

that shoud work great.

Yes, Michael Vick and George Bush created Coker's weed problem. Sweet... :crazy:

I think you guys are missing the point. I doubt he really means to straight up blame Vick, but there is no denying the culture of drug use and underage consumption is cultivated in certain parts of our culture. To deny this would be ignorant. On the other hand, Lamarcus was aware of the penalties for his actions, and I'm very disappointed he would make this mistake after having already messed up. He is a young man who was apparently too immature to realize the opportunity he had, and I for one hope he can turn this experience into something positive by finishing his college career somewhere. I often wonder if booting these kids off the team really does anything for their future, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if put a wake-up call next to his bed.

“As a coach, my first obligation is to the growth of the young men with whom I'm entrusted. Sometimes, that means encouragement and mentoring, sometimes it means helping them understand the consequences of their decisions. LaMarcus is a talented young man with a lot of life in front of him. It is my hope that he will look back at this one day as a life lesson that helped him get things straight for his future."

with this statement, Phil has earned back a measure of my respect. Coach Fulmer, I tip my hat to you.

Why is that? CPF has been totally consistant in that regard over the past 14 years.

You guys have just helped me understand why people make fun of Vol fans. You can have this site, as it is full of nuts!!! :peace2:

This really wasn't Fulmers decision. After 4 positive test the players has to go; university policy.

I hate it, Coker was a good player with outstanding speed.

LC is going to join Ricky Williams and his holistic medicine tribe. Hippie lettuce cures all ails.

Well, it is sad for LC and for us but comeon how many chances does one need? You know what? With these kinds of kids, it's ALWAYS one more than the last one. Maybe he'll wake up and smell the... coffee. This may end up being the best thing that ever happened to him because it forces him to realize that there are always consequences to our actions. Now the ball is in his court about how he'll respond to this. My hope is that he uses this situation to grow up and become a meaningful member of society. Good luck, LC

So you think a 20 year old young man with such potential shouldnt be given maximum opportunity to succeed? I think what has happened here has been exactly what should have happened. LC was given every possible opportunity to succeed and he didnt take advantage of it, now he's gone. His fault, not Coach Fulmer's.

There are people younger than him serving our country and living by much stricter rules than this spoiled athlete living for free. Who cares about athletic ability. He needs to develop character first.
You can break the law 4 times before being let go. That is absurd. 1st offense suspension. 2nd offense off the team b/c they didnt learn the first time. Its a weak and stupid policy.

I think you guys are missing the point. I doubt he really means to straight up blame Vick, but there is no denying the culture of drug use and underage consumption is cultivated in certain parts of our culture. To deny this would be ignorant. On the other hand, Lamarcus was aware of the penalties for his actions, and I'm very disappointed he would make this mistake after having already messed up. He is a young man who was apparently too immature to realize the opportunity he had, and I for one hope he can turn this experience into something positive by finishing his college career somewhere. I often wonder if booting these kids off the team really does anything for their future, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if put a wake-up call next to his bed.

I believe James banks finally got the picture. I am glad for him.

Does anybody think that being given 3 or now 4 strikes involving drug offenses is counter productive in the disclipine area and with the players thinking it must not be that important of an issue? I think it's waaaaayy more important in developing young men to know that those offenses will not be tolerated by enforcing a policy of you get one mistake to learn from because you're still young but the next time you're out of here with the suggestion you seek professional help.

VN Store

Back