Coachery

So pretty sure @Stoerner Fumbles said that Low was one of the mouthpieces for the admin. He just said Franklin would be a home run hire but also to watch out for Elliot or Dykes. That tells me option 1 was Franklin last night, and Elliot or Dykes was today’s lunchtime backup option. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

So pretty sure @Stoerner Fumbles said that Low was one of the mouthpieces for the admin. He just said Franklin would be a home run hire but also to watch out for Elliot or Dykes. That tells me option 1 was Franklin last night, and Elliot or Dykes was today’s lunchtime backup option. I guess we’ll know soon enough.
I took his statement as Low would be one of the first people UT called once a hire was finalized. Keeping a tight lid on the process means even very few people will know until it’s official..... likely only people who need to know for purposes of the process.

I didn't love it, and I didn't hate it. I was hopeful. Hahahaha...- does it matter? We clearly see the result.

Also - Pruitt and Alabama made it all the way to the 4th quarter of the Natty that year. they didn't get man-handled in an earlier game.

Neither did Elliott.

There’s no way the mouthpiece says Franklin is the target/homerun then if dykes is even close to a possibility.

That tells me Dykes isn’t an option, not that I needed to be told. Likely Franklin isn’t in play, but you don’t have your mouthpiece state you’re going after prime rib if you may have to eat week old bologna

I don’t know anything beyond what I shared earlier. I don’t know if we succeeded with first candidate or moved down. I was in a meeting all afternoon, but received the text at 2:30. I assume they had a deal by then. I think everyone has been given the hard line on sharing. My friend has nothing new. I have nothing new. I’ll share anything I hear.

Hahahahaha... sure.

Go back and look at the numbers. A competent AD has no business hiring someone who has never led a program - much less a young coordinator to take over and lead a program of this size. If they do, they've settled. Period.

You’re moving the target. You said Elliott sucked against Ohio State. That is factually inaccurate because Elliott didn’t coach that game. Clemson’s unusual offensive ineptitude in that game would indicate that they missed Elliott.

I took his statement as Low would be one of the first people UT called once a hire was finalized. Keeping a tight lid on the process means even very few people will know until it’s official..... likely only people who need to know for purposes of the process.
Well supposedly a hire was finalized today so maybe they called him? 🤷🏼‍♂️
He echos the strategy of having a “home run” in Franklin and a “backup” strategy in Eilliot and Dykes. Just sounds eerily familiar to what has been described here.

Reactions: deezvols
People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.
Wish he would work under Fisher for 3 years.

I don’t know anything beyond what I shared earlier. I don’t know if we succeeded with first candidate or moved down. I was in a meeting all afternoon, but received the text at 2:30. I assume they had a deal by then. I think everyone has been given the hard line on sharing. My friend has nothing new. I have nothing new. I’ll share anything I hear.
If we had the agreement before 230 then there’s no way we moved down to the likes of dykes and Elliot

I'm putting all my Ecred, all two cents worth on Mark Campbell. This is just the type of dumpster fire for a guy who likes challenges. Heck of a coaching and leadership team for UT if they could pull Campbell.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
You’re moving the target. You said Elliott sucked against Ohio State. That is factually inaccurate because Elliott didn’t coach that game. Clemson’s unusual offensive ineptitude in that game would indicate that they missed Elliott.

I have posted an extended list of my reasons that I do not think Elliott is qualified as well as the many things that I respect about Elliott.

I also left that post up - ate my crow, and moved on.

Yes. I made half-time adjustments. - just hoping our new coach will do the same.

I'm putting all my Ecred, all two cents worth on Mark Campbell. This is just the type of dumpster fire for a guy who likes challenges. Heck of a coaching and leadership team for UT if they could pull Campbell.
Placing all my ecred on a presser, soon, between 9am and 7pm, soon.

Reactions: Mightyvol
People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.
I agree with the compatibility Elliot could have with the existing coaches that didn’t get fired. Pretty sure Garner landed in the NFL (Jets??)

There’s no way the mouthpiece says Franklin is the target/homerun then if dykes is even close to a possibility.

That tells me Dykes isn’t an option, not that I needed to be told. Likely Franklin isn’t in play, but you don’t have your mouthpiece state you’re going after prime rib if you may have to eat week old bologna
Maybe Low thinks UTAD is holding out on him so he's agitating us with these wildly divergent possibilities.

Is "Mark Campbell", Matt Campbell's evil twin?

It'll be Glen Campbell by the time this thread ends...

UnfinishedIdealAruanas-small.gif

To be followed by Clan Campbell...

his-grace-the-duke-of-argyll-with-his-children-archie-marquis-of-lorne-lord-rory-campbell-and-lady-charlotte-mary-campbell-stand-in-review-at-the-2019-inveraray-highland-games-scotland.jpg

VN Store

Back