Coachery

unproven coordinator s should have no place here either. The state of this program demands someone with previous HC experience.

... and un-proven co-ordinator that got beat by TOSU and had Trevor Lawrence leading the charge.

hmmm... it would be... underwhelming.

We who would not be excited by Elliott might be proven wrong if he comes here and takes Vol Football to the promised land... but.... it would be a piss poor way to start as the highest paid AD in the SEC - saving Vol Football by hiring a rookie OC that had Trevor Lawrence running the offense and only scored (2) touchdowns in the last (3) quarters of the bowl game.

Head Football Coach of Former SEC champion and former National Champion Tennessee Volunteers! The head of a program that generates $96+million per year in revenue and has an expenditures budget of .. what.. $56million per year. Ok, anyone who has never led a program anything like this - come on down!!!!!!!! We're giving away free buyout money after you fail to manage a program of this magnitude and complexity!!!

Does that put Elliott in perspective for some of you who think it is ok?

Reactions: guevara
... and un-proven co-ordinator that got beat by TOSU and had Trevor Lawrence leading the charge.

We who would not be excited by Elliott might be proven wrong if he comes here and take Vol Football to the promised land... but.... it would be a piss poor way to start as the highest paid AD in the SEC - saving Vol Football by hiring a rookie OC that had Trevor Lawrence running the offense and only scored (2) touchdowns in the last (3) quarters of the bowl game.

Head Football Coach of Former SEC champion and former National Champion Tennessee Volunteers! The head of a program that generates $96+million per year in revenue and has an expenditures budget of .. what.. $56million per year. Ok, anyone who has never led a program anything like this - come on down!!!!!!!! We're giving away free buyout money after you fail to manage a program of this magnitude and complexity!!!

Curious, how were you about the Pruitt hire?

Just getting out of a long meeting. My friend confirmed we have reached terms with our next coach, as he predicted. I don’t think I’ll get more until it’s released, but am trying.

Guys, we are forgetting that Stoerner has already said we have come to terms with our next HC. I trust Stoerner. This means we didn't swing and miss on who we wanted.

We who would not be excited by Elliott might be proven wrong if he comes here and take Vol Football to the promised land... but.... it would be a piss poor way to start as the highest paid AD in the SEC - saving Vol Football by hiring a rookie OC that had Trevor Lawrence running the offense and only scored (2) touchdowns in the last (3) quarters of the bowl game.

While I do agree to not have a coordinator as our HC. TE did not lose to Ohio State, he was not present bc of COVID.

People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.
Great post. And if this is the case we don't have to worry about this coach being illiterate. He is brilliant.

We who would not be excited by Elliott might be proven wrong if he comes here and takes Vol Football to the promised land... but.... it would be a piss poor way to start as the highest paid AD in the SEC - saving Vol Football by hiring a rookie OC that had Trevor Lawrence running the offense and only scored (2) touchdowns in the last (3) quarters of the bowl game.

He didn’t coach that game.

We could have promoted someone within the Athletic Department to Director, and had them hire a search firm to end up with Dykes or Elliott and saved the university literal millions if that is where we end up.

Maybe not. It's got to be a tough sell job to a top shelf coach convincing them to take on our mess. If White does he's a hero but he's dealing from a position of weakness. As was posted up thread, the damn NCAA issue is rearing it's ugly head with a top target. Nobody should be surprised. It might be a tough sell job for even a lowly (in our minds) target so White is likely having a rough waters even with a brinks truck at his disposal.

Funny thing is, he missed the OSU game with Covid and they looked awful.
Key member of Clemson's staff reportedly out for Sugar Bowl.
Your point kinda backfired, didn’t it?

This is why we hired a great AD to make this decision. Believe it or not, he knows more than the fans do about these coaches.

Curious, how were you about the Pruitt hire?

I didn't love it, and I didn't hate it. I was hopeful. Hahahaha...- does it matter? We clearly see the result.

Also - Pruitt and Alabama made it all the way to the 4th quarter of the Natty that year. they didn't get man-handled in an earlier game.

Funny thing is, he missed the OSU game with Covid and they looked awful.
Key member of Clemson's staff reportedly out for Sugar Bowl.
Your point kinda backfired, didn’t it?

This is why we hired a great AD to make this decision. Believe it or not, he knows more than the fans do about these coaches.
Hahahahaha... sure.

Go back and look at the numbers. A competent AD has no business hiring someone who has never led a program - much less a young coordinator to take over and lead a program of this size. If they do, they've settled. Period.

Guys, we are forgetting that Stoerner has already said we have come to terms with our next HC. I trust Stoerner. This means we didn't swing and miss on who we wanted.
Not exactly. Just means we’ve come to terms. The excitement of a possible big name would have been relevant in that post. Instead it was a quick “came to terms see ya!” post. I don’t read positivity from the post. But that’s just me.

People need not react if it is Elliott. It just means that the top tier coaches thinks the program is toxic and afraid to leap.

I would rather have Fleck, Campbell, Herman, or Chadwell, but....

I really think that Elliott could pull together a staff with Tee, Graham, Steele, Garner, and Chaney. He might pull a couple of coaches from Clemson also. That would be a fantastic recruiting staff for the Southeast.

Just because our previous incompetent AD made a bad assistant hire does not mean that Elliott would be a bad hire. If this would be our outcome at least we would find out who is for the program and who is a coach worshiper on here. He is not my first choice but we could win with this.

If it's Elliott I hope he raids Clemsons coaching staff of their best. Let Dabo swing in the wind and scramble. Maybe Clemson will get back to their place, which was historically mediocre. CLEMSON, KNOW YOUR PLACE!

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back