Coachery

Well that (if true) makes this interesting.

We know who is and isnt represented by Sexton.

A contract on the heels of an investigation with either self imposed or AA penalties is probably more complex to negotiate.

But even if Sexton isn't his agent I would guess not too many coaches represent themselves.

Maybe be reading too much into it but if Campbell doesn't have an agent........
This level of silence does fit Campbell’s MO.

No agent. It would basically be White, Campbell and family, and Iowa St’s AD that would know. Maybe a key booster or two for the 6 million buyout. 6 people until things were signed.

Some highlights from yesterday as conveyed by a friend. As always, take it with a grain of salt. I’m sure certain things were lost in translation. Some of this is even third or fourth hand, but all in the family. Everyone was told White likes keeping schedules and confidentiality. Yesterday they had a schedule, and kept none of it. They did a little better with confidentiality. Flight was late getting him. Sat on the ground for an hour waiting for fog. Bogged down with meeting the boosters at TYS airport. Bogged down meeting boosters before press conference. Bogged down by boondoggle at AD office. Barnes was a hit there, introducing himself as a “guy who works here”. Barnes got sodas for his kids and toured them around, and wouldn’t give them back. The older son is in high school, and it sounds like Barnes tried to rescue him from a miserable day. I’ve gotta say that Barnes has been more important in all this than you’d imagine. He’s been all class in talking about Fulmer. He’s highly supportive of the hire, and has been a PR machine for the school. White was reeling from all the chaos. Expected to have a quick quiet meeting with Steele and players, and there were people everywhere. He barely got out of the office to make the players meeting. Barnes was still hitting him with one-liners all the way out apparently, the best being the observation that Danny is “better looking than his brother”. Met players. This meeting was private. Prior to the meeting they were given an app, and then asked to vote on team leaders. There was supposed to be a second meeting with leaders, but that will now be tomorrow. Only highlights I heard were that White told them he worked for them now. He was going to work hard for them so they can focus on being a team. By the time White left, his (alleged) conversation with Elliott already leaked after having instructed everyone on confidentiality. I don’t know if he did talk to Elliott. White knows and trusts Elliott. Elliott knows Steele. Elliott was also an inch from being the UCF head coach. If he did talk to him, I’m not sure I read this as Elliott being an option, but I assume it’s possible. It would not follow anything I’ve heard in the past about the search. Subsequently they’ve brought on a firm to handle logistics, and try to protect confidentiality. The search firm was not hired for searching. While the day was chaotic, don’t read this as a messy political process. It’s not. Boyd and Plowman are handling this like professionals. They’re going to give White the space he needs to succeed. White did not take this job to boot lick boosters. It’s his plan, and it’ll be his hire. Boyd is herding cats on the booster front. He has a lot more sway than is being portrayed. He has money ready, and he’s set up a playing field for White to succeed. There is a contingent of boosters that is strongly connected to PF and the Pruitt hire who were not included in any of the conversations of the last three weeks. A new contingent of boosters has provided the support for hiring White and giving him cover to make the hire without having to talk to boosters. I get the feeling White had no idea just what he was getting into. While he knows this is “a great place”, he doesn’t know much about that great place, and was pretty overwhelmed. My friend’s impression is the same at the end of the day: We still have a target. We’re working on that target. We’ll like that target. He gets the feeling that White will have a plan, a message and a support structure before dropping a coach into the circus. He’s going to get this right. He believes support structure is essential. He’ll have a plan. Here are a few interesting observations: White is two things at once. He is a top level AD. The best. Not homegrown. That said, his dad is friends with Archie. They knew each other in New Orleans. Danny is friends with Eli from Ole Miss days. Kevin is close with Cutcliffe. Plowman knows Frost who loves White. This hire was made by smart people who are tired of watching people screw this up. Boyd is on the case. While this was a National candidate, it has the backing of key UT family. Plowman is on the case. White is on the case. They are a team. This is not the typical political backstabbing operation. They are tight. I think everything is going to progressively get quieter over the next few days. I realize everything I’ve written above is color commentary. I don’t have a coach prediction. I don’t know that I’ll have one before the hire. I thought there’d be more information day to day since that has been the case for the last few months. It may go the opposite way.

So the search firm was not hired for searching????

This is who I’m hoping for. Zero faith that it happens. I feel like they have gotta get it right this time or there will be no coming back.

This level of silence does fit Campbell’s MO.

No agent. It would basically be White, Campbell and family, and Iowa St’s AD that would know. Maybe a key booster or two for the 6 million buyout. 6 people until things were signed.

If what the OP said is legit it fits Campbell as well or better than anybody else mentioned.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up about Campbell, but it’s becoming really hard.
Likewise.
Perhaps I’m seeing what I want to see, but many things fit him.
Quick, silent action after a thorough, but personal vetting with a top AD fits Campbell. It reminds me how he left Toledo for Iowa St.

Next year makes more sense though, as it’s not often a P5 coach leaves a top team.

But I do think Tennessee is the type of job that fits Campbell. And it just may be one of his destination jobs, even if that’s not rational for most candidates of his acclaim

No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.
What info you have provided so far is far greater than any name you are unable to give.. and that is hope to a beaten down fan base

Fleck is not, Dykes is not, Campbell is not. Elliott is not, and for the record, I am not either.
Stoops isn’t either, but Kiffin, freeze, Malzahn and Grundy should all know what’s going on so why would it be them, sounds like oh sexton boy got a new client.....who, probably won’t know for a while

Wouldn't he know what's going on at Tennessee, considering he still works at Washington
Probably to an extent, but would definitely want to know the specifics, or at least I'd think so. Rumors are the SEC intrigues him, and after a year away may be interested in giving it another go. 80% winning as a head coach, never any trouble, and an all around good person from all that have been associated with him. #1 on my wish list for sure.

Reactions: INDEFENSE
Fleck is not, Dykes is not, Campbell is not. Elliott is not, and for the record, I am not either.
If you go by what OP has been reporting, fleck Dykes Elliot are not the top options and fall back plans only. He said the primary target is not a sexton client. He did state that Herman is/was on the top 5 list. Could be Campbell or someone not mentioned yet also...

Reactions: Raebo
Probably to an extent, but would definitely want to know the specifics, or at least I'd think so. Rumors are the SEC intrigues him, and after a year away may be interested in giving it another go. 80% winning as a head coach, never any trouble, and an all around good person from all that have been associated with him. #1 on my wish list for sure.
Oh mine too most definitely

Frost, Campbell,Herman,Stoops,Petersen are all non sexton clients, of those all Stops and Petersen probably have the least amount of knowledge on what going on at the University and what it is looking like from here on jmo

Reactions: Bigorangebob777
He said he wanted recharged
"My whole plan is to get recharged, redirected and rested. I'm not ready to do nothing. I've just got to figure out where all this passion, energy and inspiration goes. I don't want it to be on a football field. I'm excited to see where this takes me," Petersen said.

So the search firm was not hired for searching????
My understanding is that one of the things they get hired for is their up-to-date files on potential hires. They may do some searching, or may provide you with files for your self-directed search.

No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.
Nobody will turn on you man. You provided legitimate info as it came to you. You did more than enough. And honestly, I'm glad you're being honest about it and not trying to embellish and milk it. You're a real one.

VN Store

Back