Coachery

I don’t know anything about hiring coaches. I haven’t heard anything on Kiffin being in or out. I think he’s a little too much of a wild card for White’s collaborative style. That’s my unqualified opinion. I’ve heard for a week that we have our guy, and that he’s impressive. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll assume something went off the rails.
Are you implying that we had the cart before the horse (coach before the AD)?

Reactions: NM4VOLS
Gruden was never coming here to coach. The reason I know this is I asked him. Gruden was at a charity event I attended (his wife and her group were involved in a charity I was associated with) and after a couple of martinis I straight up asked him. He knew I went to UT from a conversation earlier in the night and he had said that he and his family loved UT. So I asked him. He said he was very flattered and again said how much he loves UT, however he said that if he ever coached again it would be in the Pros and have to be a perfect situation.

Thanks - so what was the "pond animal" looking to accomplish with the charade?

Reactions: ER Vol
Thanks - so what was the "pond animal" looking to accomplish with the charade?
Honestly I have no idea. If any of those guys want to chat with me they can. Also when the big meeting was suppose to have happened in Atlanta, it did not. Also two of the folks who were supposedly at that meeting were at the Georgia Aquarium that night for a charity function.
I am no insider to the program, just happen to know to some folks and went to school at UT. Not sure what the endgame is for some of these people.

I have to applaud you @Stoerner Fumbles, everything you said has been spot on. You are the best insider this board has ever seen. I have a couple of connections with some mid-level boosters, who I get information from and have given money for this new endeavor, however even they have no idea what is going to happen. They were told by Boyd to just trust them and when word got out about Fulmer, they totally believed him. A lot of them think Plowman and Boyd are the folks to led UT back in the right direction. One of them actually told Boyd "for gods sake don't ask my opinion about who to hire, a couple of bourbons in and we lose a game, I want to fire everyone". The only thing I have heard from them is that everything is being kept extremely close to the vest and a lot of old time folks who had connections in the AD office and above are now cut off. That is a wonderful thing, Time to move forward in a new direction.
I mean this board was awesome during the whole Gruden thing, despite what all the "insiders" said, including one pond animal who supposedly went to a great school (that is one thing I did actually know the answer to, ask me and I will tell you, I am sleepy, winding down and having a few drinks after another long Covid day and ready to chat).
Again thanks for all the information, you now go down as the only insider with any real info, kudos to you.
I assume from your screen name that you're in the same profession as I am, and if so we know how to see through BS better than most (at least in face-to-face interviews). My perception is that the pond animal may have attended a continuing-ed or maybe a certificate program at that particular school. We have a local bank president (in a good-ole-boy bank) who barely graduated from high school, yet he proudly proclaims that he's a graduate of UGA after having attended a two month certificate program of some kind. Reading the pond animal's posts made me think of him.

No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.

No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.
Given what you have provided to date I doubt anyone will turn on you. If they do, no worries you’ve provided plenty and enough. Thanks for what you have done and will continue to do we definitely appreciate the spot on updates. Rock on brother.

1) Campbell is not a Sexton client, unless that has happened recently. Didn't he rep himself with Toledo and Iowa St?
2) What does "asked to be walked through NCAA exposure" mean?

If any one turn screw em. Those of us who have followed you from the beginning know you give what you can when you can and are very grateful.

“The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure.”

Could someone explain this to me? I am but a simpleton.
Means

1. their agent is NOT Jimmy Sexton
2. They asked for info on the NCAA situation so he/the university can have a plan in place

1) Campbell is not a Sexton client, unless that has happened recently. Didn't he rep himself with Toledo and Iowa St?
2) What does "asked to be walked through NCAA exposure" mean?
Glazier et al will have a self-imposed penalty recommendation and a projection of NCAA response. I think the lead candidate wants to understand that in great detail. A longer penalty would mean a longer total contract.

Glazier et al will have a self-imposed penalty recommendation and a projection of NCAA response. I think the lead candidate wants to understand that in great detail. A longer penalty would mean a longer total contract.

Oh, he wants to know what the NCAA is gonna do with our investigation ... why didn't you just say that? Gotta remember your congregation bro.
(I kid, but thanks for the clarification).

“The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure.”

Is this implying our big fish is an NFL guy with no previous significant college coaching experience? Good gawd it’s gotta, it’s gotta, it’s GOTTA BE GRUDEN!!!!! But seriously, what does that phrase mean?

It means that Jimmy Sexton isn’t his agent and that he wants to know what he’s getting himself into in regards to the ncaa investigation.
Well that (if true) makes this interesting.

We know who is and isnt represented by Sexton.

A contract on the heels of an investigation with either self imposed or AA penalties is probably more complex to negotiate.

But even if Sexton isn't his agent I would guess not too many coaches represent themselves.

Maybe be reading too much into it but if Campbell doesn't have an agent........

There isn’t some hour by hour info leak going on. There is literally around 5 people who know. They aren’t talking or leaking. Attempts at info inquiries to the source have been straight denied.

Reactions: Big151Orange
Well that (if true) makes this interesting.

We know who is and isnt represented by Sexton.

A contract on the heels of an investigation with either self imposed or AA penalties is probably more complex to negotiate.

But even if Sexton isn't his agent I would guess not too many coaches represent themselves.

Maybe be reading too much into it but if Campbell doesn't have an agent........
I’m trying not to get my hopes up about Campbell, but it’s becoming really hard.

VN Store

Back