Coachery

I’m fairness, Foote also watched “As The World Turns” religiously. He liked a little drama. But yesterday would’ve definitively been a “not Shiloh” day. People made decisions. They picked a tough general. Feet are moving in the same direction.
So would you say we’re reaching a Vicksburg-like strategy? Slowly but surely we’ll get the right outcome?
(Of course I’m hoping it won’t be a 4 month long strategy, but you get the allusion)

Small insight: Tee and Elliot are very close. Graham and Eliot are close. Steele and Eliot are close. White and Eliot are close. You can read this two ways: 1- He’s a trusted resource for a common group, or 2- He’s a backup solution that involves keeping some staff.
I’m sorry, but I cannot get behind an Elliott hire. It’s the worst direction to go and too risky.

Edit:
@Stoerner Fumbles, are you saying this to help ease the minds and prepare us, or just your two-cents? (Ie have you heard something?)

I think an assistant is a huge risk. But, just because we had a bad experience with Pruitt does not mean that someone else not being interfered with by an incompetent AD would be a bad hire.

Successful football is all about teamwork and if Elliott has the capability to create a team with the pieces that we have in place already then there may be a match here. We have hired a successful AD and we need to trust his judgement.

But I will say that Boyd and Plowman need to manage the boosters and keep them at arm's length from the AD and coach. We will never have a successful program if we allow the interference that existed under Fulmer and his cronies. We can all see where that got us.

Small insight: Tee and Elliot are very close. Graham and Eliot are close. Steele and Eliot are close. White and Eliot are close. You can read this two ways: 1- He’s a trusted resource for a common group, or 2- He’s a backup solution that involves keeping some staff.
So is Kiffin .

I like Kiffin but he signed a contract extension a couple weeks ago and apparently to buy him out of his contract is going to cost quite a bit. The last I heard, they have not released the details of the contract yet.

Reactions: onevol74
No matter who we hire THIS tread is the only true thread that has produced during this stretch! And the crazy part is I feel like only a select few of us follow as it keeps falling down the page.. kinda nice not having to go through 10 pages every 6 hours to see what the insiders(who usually are wrong) have to say!

I don’t know much about Elliott, but is there a chance White is talking to him to see if he’s interested in OC position. From the rumblings it sounds like White has his eyes on his target for HC. Maybe White is reaching out to people the HC would want on staff to help finish the transaction?? This would lessen chance of leaks then the target reaching out to people.

I don’t know much about Elliott, but is there a chance White is talking to him to see if he’s interested in OC position. From the rumblings it sounds like White has his eyes on his target for HC. Maybe White is reaching out to people the HC would want on staff to help finish the transaction?? This would lessen chance of leaks then the target reaching out to people.
I would be shocked if he left Clemson for a lateral role at TN

The only selling point I can think of is “if you really want to prove yourself as a HC candidate, come prove it with an offense that isn’t full of 5-stars. Here’s an (dollar amount raise to do so.”

Of course, there’s no way to really say that without it sounding super insulting. I’m sure the powers that be would be far more eloquent, though.

No matter who we hire THIS tread is the only true thread that has produced during this stretch! And the crazy part is I feel like only a select few of us follow as it keeps falling down the page.. kinda nice not having to go through 10 pages every 6 hours to see what the insiders(who usually are wrong) have to say!
Reading doesn't bump it up, only comments do.

I like that this thread falls to page 2 sometimes. It’s because it hasn’t been hijacked (too badly) by tangents about crap already being discussed everywhere else (I grimaced at today’s “what kind of bourbon” tangent).

it leaves us with high ratio of substance to garbage. Refreshing.

I agree it would seem odd. Just trying to come up with a solution to White talking to Elliott, but also saying he wants to get someone with HC experience. I didn’t know if Elliott was close enough with White or another HC that would be enough to entice him to come to UT. Plus maybe a salary boost. Not sure what he’s making now.

Who would you like to see as the next head coach? And what chance is there that Kiffin gets hired?
I don’t know anything about hiring coaches. I haven’t heard anything on Kiffin being in or out. I think he’s a little too much of a wild card for White’s collaborative style. That’s my unqualified opinion. I’ve heard for a week that we have our guy, and that he’s impressive. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll assume something went off the rails.

VN Store

Back