Coachery

So glad that I never tried to post inside information back in the day where I was knee-deep in it.

Why things sometimes go wrong, even when the poster was doing his/her damndest to be helpful:
(1) The source might be wrong (including deceived by his/her sources.)

(2) The source might be deliberately deceptive.

(3) The source might have been right, but then things changed.

I like black-and-white as much as the next person, but some of y’all are either pig-headed or ridiculously naive to act so butt-hurt.

I’m beginning to believe that the only people that find UT attractive are us fans. I understand that we’ve been irrelevant the past 15 years but maybe we’re farther down than what we thought. Idk but if I’m DW and I can’t get my guy. Interim Steele and bring Freeze in next year. That allows the dust to settle here and gives Freeze another year to repair his reputation in the SEC.
This is crazy, why can’t we find one decent coach

First off you don’t know my dream hire. Secondly, you share information from a fluid situation? WOW, we could honestly all do the same thing and possibly be right in the end. My original post wasn’t directed at you but I think you’re FOS with your insider info. I personally don’t buy it. We can revisit everything after the new coach is hired.
I think it’s past your bedtime

Man you been spot on this whole time, don’t let them bother you, I feel like you know who’s been selected and you don’t like the choice

There has been no official selection or it would have leaked by now. A current head coach would have to inform his players and supposedly our players were going to be told first as well. There is less than a zero percent chance it wouldn't have been leaked by a player at this point.

So glad that I never tried to post inside information back in the day where I was knee-deep in it.

Why things sometimes go wrong, even when the poster was doing his/her damndest to be helpful:
(1) The source might be wrong.

(2) The source might be deliberately deceptive.

(3) The source might have been right, but then things changed.

I like black-and-white as much as the next person, but some of y’all are either pig-headed or ridiculously naive to act so butt-hurt.

Or...hear me out.

Occam’s Razor. When something that is said turns out to not be true - the most likely situation is that the person who said it was not telling the truth.

It’s way cooler to LARP as having inside information and stringing along hundreds of gullible posters under the anonymity of the Internet, inevitably being proven as FoS, then moving the goal posts to shirk any kind of comeuppance that should come as being outed as a fraud. There is no pain, just calling out BS and pondering what kind of personal inadequacies must be in play to pretend to be something you aren’t on a football forum.
Or complain about the “imposters” when you know you’ve read most of the posts with hope as well. And then get pissy when then ending wasn’t to your liking. Don’t like the “inside”
Info posts? Do us a favor. Don’t read them and better yet read them and keep
Your 2 cents to yourself.

It’s way cooler to LARP as having inside information and stringing along hundreds of gullible posters under the anonymity of the Internet, inevitably being proven as FoS, then moving the goal posts to shirk any kind of comeuppance that should come as being outed as a fraud. There is no pain, just calling out BS and pondering what kind of personal inadequacies must be in play to pretend to be something you aren’t on a football forum.
This thread has been going on since 12-6. I’ve shared a lot of things well before they happened, and have enjoyed meeting the people I’ve talked to. I’ve never shared information before, because I’ve never had it. You’re obviously an excitable guy with some strong convictions. I wish you all the best and all the help you need.

There has been no official selection or it would have leaked by now. A current head coach would have to inform his players and supposedly our players were going to be told first as well. There is less than a zero percent chance it wouldn't have been leaked by a player at this point.
Nah they could just be keeping it quiet til morning and ironing out details

From AtlantaVol: An optimistic take on the same set of data:

Atlanta VOL said:
Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.

Maybe O’Brien isn’t interested. After his experience at Penn St trying to Wade through the sanctions, he might not want to get involved in another situation where the program he’s walking into is facing sanctions.
Completely reasonable. But nearly any candidate worth being high on the list and pursuing has reasons for not being interested. I’m asking why isn’t he more frequently near the top of the “want” lists? Is he any less realistic than Campbell or other top guys?

I’m beginning to believe that the only people that find UT attractive are us fans. I understand that we’ve been irrelevant the past 15 years but maybe we’re farther down than what we thought. Idk but if I’m DW and I can’t get my guy. Interim Steele and bring Freeze in next year. That allows the dust to settle here and gives Freeze another year to repair his reputation in the SEC.

It is attractive, if for no other reason than the pay. A confident hc would jump at the chance for a substantial raise.

If you have a deadline and WHAT doesn't happen by then?

No one said we would hear who the new coach is today. Not a single person said that. A couple have said that we got our man today. That doesn't mean they have to announce it to the world same day.
So it still doesn't mean he is right and he said we would have a coach on sunday and we didn't. Sounds like he was wrong 🤔

Or complain about the “imposters” when you know you’ve read most of the posts with hope as well. And then get pissy when then ending wasn’t to your liking. Don’t like the “inside”
Info posts? Do us a favor. Don’t read them and better yet read them and keep
Your 2 cents to yourself.

Complaining about someone complaining? Vol-Karen here may need a dictionary speedialed to the h-y-p section.

Or...hear me out.

Occam’s Razor. When something that is said turns out to not be true - the most likely situation is that the person who said it was not telling the truth.
No, that’s not what Occam’s Razor says. It says that when there are multiple possible solutions, the simplest one is most likely true.

If someone is posting information that came from someone else, and the information is wrong, the simplest explanation is that the source was wrong.

You are saying that the “someone” is trolling, meaning knowingly creating falsehood. That is more complicated than simply repeating what one was told. Therefore it is not the most likely explanation per Occam’s Razor.

This would be typical of UT. Get to #3 and then do it again in three years.

“Coffee is for closers.” Champions don’t let #1 get away (see Mal Moore 2006). You MAKE it happen.

BUT. We don’t know for sure yet. Is this White fellow worth his salt?
If UT had hired the best coach on any of the previous 4 attempts, we wouldn’t be faced with luring someone into probation after we turned ourselves in. Bama couldn’t draw Saban into that situation.

Reactions: onevol74 and EZE

VN Store

Back