Coachery

No, that’s not what Occam’s Razor says. It says that when there are multiple possible solutions, the simplest one is most likely true.

If someone is posting information that came from someone else, and the information is wrong, the simplest explanation is that the source was wrong.

You are saying that the “someone” is trolling, meaning knowingly creating falsehood. That is more complicated than simply repeating what one was told. Therefore it is not the most likely explanation per Occam’s Razor.

Not that I particularly want to get into the semantics of Occam’s Razor (very interesting topic, though), but I think it’s not just the “simplest” conclusion—it’s the conclusion that requires the least amount of assumptions.

So, Occam’s Razor would state that if a person on this site making claims ended up being wrong, it’s because they never actually knew, with certainty, what they were talking about. No assumptions being made about “trolling” or the validity of their “sources”—they simply never actually had the correct information.

It’s easy to say you won’t meddle when your universal #1 is on the board and you’re confident/arrogant you’ll land him.

I personally think everyone that needs to agree to the plan, had agreed, but many didn’t think we’d get to #2 when offering our target $40 million.

Things change when faced with contingencies. Every round further removed from the no brainer makes meddling more likely. Everyone has their favorite n-1 or n-2 guy

That is logical. Everyone ($$$$) could get on board for the perceived whale, but when that went sideways each faction starts trying to push their own influence and preferences.

Last edited:
There is about a half dozen members scoffing at Stoerner Fumbles and giving him a hard time. I wish someone would provide a list of what SF has been right on in the last 4 weeks so they would back off some and appreciate the info he has given here. I’m not very accomplished at gathering this so maybe can do it. I hate to see SF just say the hell with it and stop posting because of a few trolls.
He should...they don’t deserve his info anymore than he deserves what they are dishing out. It’s their one possible opportunity in life to briefly seem like the smartest guy in the room.

Reactions: INDEFENSE
Not that I particularly want to get into the semantics of Occam’s Razor (very interesting topic, though), but I think it’s not just the “simplest” conclusion—it’s the conclusion that requires the least amount of assumptions.

So, Occam’s Razor would state that if a person on this site making claims ended up being wrong, it’s because they never actually knew, with certainty, what they were talking about. No assumptions being made about “trolling” or the validity of their “sources”—they simply never actually had the correct information.
Thanks, you were more precise. By “simplest”, I meant “requiring the least number of assumptions.”

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
He should...they don’t deserve his info anymore than he deserves what they are dishing out. It’s their one possible opportunity in life to briefly seem like the smartest guy in the room.
Actually the people who are giving him a had time are trolls and that apparently includes you. There are probably a few hundred here who like what he is providing and about a half dozen of you trolls are ruining it for the rest of us. Go ahead and put SF on ignore like one member suggested a little bit ago.

This is a perversion of Occam’s Razor. William believed that you must account for all the facts before settling on the simplest explanation of them, which none of us know at this point.

It’s quite possible that someone made statements that now seem inaccurate that may not once the hire is announced, it’s also possible that the statements are actually inaccurate because SF has been intentionally misled, and it’s also possible that he’s deliberately misleading the Board to help DW keep the lid tight.

I, for one, consider option 3 the least likely, as I’ve run across him here and found him to be a reasonable and jovial poster.

If 3 ends up being true, I’ll have to send him a bottle of Scotch.

This may actually be a case of Schrodinger’s Coach.

Actually the people who are giving him a had time are trolls and that apparently includes you. There are probably a few hundred here who like what he is providing and about a half dozen of you trolls are ruining it for the rest of us. Go ahead and put SF on ignore like one member suggested a little bit ago.
Read again...I was defending him. I’ve enjoyed his information.

Not sure, may be confused, but I think you are misunderstanding his post?

I really hope Danny isn’t striking out left and right. It looks like he’s at least swinging for the fences, which outside of Gundy and Mullen, I don’t remember the last four ADs doing. Hopefully we get our guy soon.

You and I both know you’re not well liked enough anywhere in your life to be able to claim a source about anything.

Sounds like projection to me pal! Congrats on the two year self imposed ban. Kinda odd you’d intentionally storm back in with your chest puffed out straight into a fist. But hey - you do you!

So do you have any speculation on who’s going to be hired?
Certainly don’t. I believe we have been turned down by some of the bigger names and have worked down the list and settled for a lesser option today. I hope I’m wrong. SF’s information also reconciles with several other members here that are also considered reliable.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back