Coach Prime

I think Deion has still done an impressive job rebuilding. People overreacted early on with the win over TCU, now they’re overreacting the opposite way. Colorado was never going to be a world beater overnight. He’s brought a lot of excitement and interest to a program that was largely irrelevant before he got there.

I think Deion has still done an impressive job rebuilding. People overreacted early on with the win over TCU, now they’re overreacting the opposite way. Colorado was never going to be a world beater overnight. He’s brought a lot of excitement and interest to a program that was largely irrelevant before he got there.

He's done an impressive job with bringing attention back to Colorado but the overreation to beating TCU is kind of laughable now. TCU isn't very good and their other 3 wins aren't really impressive. Them playing USC close isn't really impressive anymore either.

Next year is key; if he has another dud year, his hype will disappear.

I think that’s what many of his detractors (myself included) were saying after week 1; slow the roll, it’s a mediocre TCU team. ESPN continued to beat Prime, Shedeur and Colorado into our heads every hour for the first few weeks and talking heads implied and some cases explicitly said if you weren’t on board it’s cause you’re racist. No, it’s because we actually watch football and this 7 on 7 offense isn’t going to hold up against legitimate teams with a defense and it hasn’t. I’m also convinced this offense is designed to showcase Shedeur and Hunter more than it’s designed to win. His RB’s aren’t great but they both average over 4 YPC and we know the pass protection can’t stop a DL of kindergarteners from sacking Shedeur, yet they trot out there and throw the ball 44x per game every week.

I think and Utah and Washington are pretty good football teams too. Colorado got a break by not having U Dub on the schedule because they would get blasted by them too. I think you have a higher opinion of the Buffs than I do. And I think that for all that Deion has done to create an incredible buzz for the team and the school, he has created the unintended consequence of never allowing his team to have a bad game because everyone is going to give them their best game. Do you think Dan Lannng or anyone else GAF about “you better get me now” ? No. Because they’re going to be in the Big 12 next year and the conference is dissolving. When they go to Pullman in late November and it’s at night that place might be hosting its last PAC 12 game ever. No way Colorado gets out of there alive . Good teams go there and lose. Colorado isn’t good. Not yet . That’s why I see them having a hard time getting to 6.
IMG_2470.gif

You can point to the Stanford and Arizona games as they were close to 6 wins, but on the flip side you can also say they are close to only 1 win. The Nebraska win is their only decisive win. They beat TCU by 3, Colorado St. choked. and they beat ASU on a last minute FG.

The premiums would be outrageous. One needs to ask why do you need to take expensive jewelry, etc into locker rooms.
I always carried all my expensive jewelry around when I was in college.

Oh, and the Rose Bowl is a dump.

I know we have issues of our own when it comes to pass defense. We are atrocious on 3rd down. However, the offenses Colorado play never even see a 3rd down. It's pretty much always 1st down. Their secondary makes ours look like some combination of the Legion of Boom and the No Fly Zone.

So now coach Prime is complaining about recruits keeping commitments. Then he says that players ain’t coming there to get paid. Yet he took his sons and Hunter with him when he went to CU. What a clown.

lol what about coaches going to other schools, or taking kids out of the transfer portal? I guess loyalty doesn't matter there to Prime too much.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back