Coach JH

This will be a very unpopular thread.

Hooker was a Pruitt recruit not CJH. They (CJH) went after Milton and we have seen how that turned out.The kid is a train wreck and there was a reason Michigan didn't play the kid. If CJH evaluation says the kid can play or he could change him but his starting QB is now hooker speaks volumes about his evaluation for talent. I'm not about morale victories and a 24 point beat down by UF isn't anything to feel good about. You can spin it anyway you want but it is what is. After we drop games to Missouri and UK we'll talk.

Our defense is the bright spot of the team and that's out of CJH's hands. We don't have the personal to run as CJH wants to run and it's already showing. I hope I'm wrong but as of now I just don't see it. He has a very accurate QB he won't play because he can't run and how can you watch film when he runs with the 2's and 3.s in a game. For those that said HB was against the scrubs in the OW didn't watch. He ran with 1's and played against the 1's. But we'll see this kid transfer and it will haunt us but this post isn't about that but he's playing a Pruitt recruit instead of his guy.

I hope I'm wrong but we will be lucky to get to 6-6. Head tells me 5-7. And we'll see the love fest for CJH after that.

Hey Harrison. Get some rest. If the other 2 get hurt maybe you'll get the chance you've been robbed of this weekend.

Some folks on here just blow my mind!

Reactions: RhodesVol

Hooker was a Pruitt recruit not CJH. They (CJH) went after Milton and we have seen how that turned out.The kid is a train wreck and there was a reason Michigan didn't play the kid. If CJH evaluation says the kid can play or he could change him but his starting QB is now hooker speaks volumes about his evaluation for talent. I'm not about morale victories and a 24 point beat down by UF isn't anything to feel good about. You can spin it anyway you want but it is what is. After we drop games to Missouri and UK we'll talk.

Our defense is the bright spot of the team and that's out of CJH's hands. We don't have the personal to run as CJH wants to run and it's already showing. I hope I'm wrong but as of now I just don't see it. He has a very accurate QB he won't play because he can't run and how can you watch film when he runs with the 2's and 3.s in a game. For those that said HB was against the scrubs in the OW didn't watch. He ran with 1's and played against the 1's. But we'll see this kid transfer and it will haunt us but this post isn't about that but he's playing a Pruitt recruit instead of his guy.

I hope I'm wrong but we will be lucky to get to 6-6. Head tells me 5-7. And we'll see the love fest for CJH after that.
Good grief this is dumb. It’s four games into his tenure.

CJH didn’t like the QB room he inherited. In January/February there’s pretty slim pickings left. At least he took a swing, just didn’t pan out. Staff also didn’t like the group of WRs either, but the dude from Miss St seems to be working out, so maybe that pokes a small hole in your argument.
Did you not see the other thread, pointing out all of the other portal QB’s that Heupel “passed on?”
I mean one dude was on his 5th school in 3 years, another attempted 2 pass attempts in 4 years...
😒
GBO!!

Reactions: volncleveland
There are only so many options in the transfer portal each year, we needed a QB that wanted to come here. If you’re evaluating Heupel off that one decision it says more about your intelligence than his ability to evaluate talent.

All of that said Heupel will be judged on his ability to bring in and develop talent and I don’t think most realize just how absolutely F’d we are there. Tennessee is a dysfunctional joke for most high school coaches that place elite talent in the sec year in and out. We also can’t recruit like most of our peers do anymore and have an ncaa investigation hanging over us.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

Emeril is a helluva cook, but only if he has the right ingredients.
Give him a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna and he’s no better in the kitchen than I am.
😎
GBO!!

CJH's Offence requires getting the ball out quick. Bailey arm strength is lacking. He will have trouble playing anywhere.

So what I'm reading is that Pruitt is a better judge of QB talent than Heupel? That's rich.

Reactions: KptVFL
CJH's Offence requires getting the ball out quick. Bailey arm strength is lacking. He will have trouble playing anywhere.
Disagree. There is nothing wrong with Bailey's arm strength. Bailey isn't a great fit for this offense, but his arm is furthest from the reason why.

And if this offense requires getting the ball out quick then neither Hooker or Milton are doing it right. Especially Milton, who basically sits flat footed like a statue in the pocket for what seems like an eternity.

Disagree. There is nothing wrong with Bailey's arm strength. Bailey isn't a great fit for this offense, but his arm is furthest from the reason why.

And if this offense requires getting the ball out quick then neither Hooker or Milton are doing it right. Especially Milton, who basically sits flat footed like a statue in the pocket for what seems like an eternity.
Im talking about from the time its released to the WR's hands. Bailey threw 2 in the tech game that would have been pick 6's in the SEC. If he gets his chance then I believe all the posts about Bailey being the starter will die down quickly.

I too would like to see what Bailey could do playing with the first team, against first team defenders....After all, the guy is a Vol, not some leper like some here portray him....

Perhaps the current system would not work for him, but to just dismiss the guy as a loser, is poorly done...

Hooker has looked fairly decent, especially as a runner...His downfield passing is not great, but mostly adequate.

Milton is a train wreck at QB, and has shown nothing to show he will ever be better....Yet he is number 2 QB....

Reactions: lifeisdeep

There are no must wins for CJH in his first season. Once again our fan base has taken it upon ourselves to place expectations without knowing the factors of what we are dealing with. New system, new mind set, new coaches, and from experience a change in staff in football and their philosophy is a task in itself, players have to adjust. MUST WIN? Give the staff a year or two before we place that on this staff. I swear, our fan base is our own worse enemy. It's like the beggar who gets a dollar from a passer by but yells out give me more. You'll never be satisfied unless we are winning NC's and SEC Championships and yes I want that too but I'm not going to expect something that's unreal as a MUST WIN in a coaches first year, Sorry. IMHO needless thread but respect the post.

I too would like to see what Bailey could do playing with the first team, against first team defenders....After all, the guy is a Vol, not some leper like some here portray him....

Perhaps the current system would not work for him, but to just dismiss the guy as a loser, is poorly done...

Hooker has looked fairly decent, especially as a runner...His downfield passing is not great, but mostly adequate.

Milton is a train wreck at QB, and has shown nothing to show he will ever be better....Yet he is number 2 QB....

I mean the kid threw for the following at Marietta , Ga HS. It would seem to me someone should be working with the kid more to see if he can transfer anywhere close to those type numbers to the college level. When you compare his stats to Milton's HS stats it's laughable. Additionally he had 3000 more passing yards than Hooker and twice as many TD's.......... But HB's a bust at Tennessee.
  • 9307 Yards
  • Passing TDs
  • Passing Yards/Game
  • Pass Completions
  • Pass Attempts
  • Interceptions

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I mean the kid threw for the following at Marietta , Ga HS. It would seem to me someone should be working with the kid more to see if he can transfer anywhere close to those type numbers to the college level. When you compare his stats to Milton's HS stats it's laughable. Additionally he had 3000 more passing yards than Hooker and twice as many TD's.......... But HB's a bust at Tennessee.
  • 9307 Yards
  • Passing TDs
  • Passing Yards/Game
  • Pass Completions
  • Pass Attempts
  • Interceptions
There's a QB Coach, OC and a HC who all pour into each QB. He's receiving guidance on what to work on, how to work, and get better at their craft daily. Sometimes you can tell someone something, but them doing it is different. Bailey hasn't transferred the tutelage from the QB Room to the practice field. He's not been consistent in protecting the ball. I believe that's CJH's #1 stickler, thus Milton starting because he protects the ball the best out of the 3.

There is a big difference between internet discussion and coaching decisions. Not to be rude, but to be blunt, it doesn't really matter what you would like to see. And it doesn't really matter, at the end of the day, who on here writes him off as what, or why.

What matters is what the coaches have seen, and why they aren't playing HB. Period.

They have seen HB with the 1s, and against the 1s, I assure you. They've seen something in each of the guys that have had them start two other guys in front of him. And the more we discuss the particular perceived weaknesses of each of the guys they have started ahead of HB, we come face to face with the fact that the people who have seen more than us have chosen to start those weaknesses ahead of HB.

I hope he stays. I hope he gets his shot and balls out. If he just doesn't fit the system, I hope he transfers, has college success, and a long and storied pro career.

But that doesn't change the fact that us wishing to see x, y, and z is equivalent to pooping in a hat.

Reactions: knox73

Well, we can now all see where the "Nut" portion of your UN comes from.

Reactions: GoVols64

VN Store

Back