Clay Travis pooped the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay Travis has lost all shreds of credibility he had wrapped around himself.

He went to Vandy, worked as a lawyer and then pretended to be a journalist for a minute.

At this point he should be unmasked for what he is, a bitter and emotional and delusional Pearl fan. He made retarded statements in the media about the Pearl firing and now he has attacked Coach Martin more than Pearl's son.

Clay, you have a good looking wife. Unfortunately that is about the only thing you have going for you. Your book sold less copies than a biography of a T Ball star. Anytime you are on the radio I will change the station. I did not regularly support your pathetic website by viewing your tripe, but I guarantee I will not be reading it in the future no matter what outrageous and stupid thing you say.
And if you dare to try to suck up to Coach Martin after he starts to suceed at TN, I hope he rips you in a way that makes the "I'm a man" speech seem tame.

By God......I haven't looked outside but are pigs flying? I agree with MHF on something?

A lot of our fans shat the bed. All of these people who are far more concerned with footballl, were the first ones to belly ache about the hire of a damn fine coach. If they had followed basketball with more vigor, they would know who Cuonzo Martin was and what he has accomplished in his career.

We have hired a very solid coach, who will be a winner at Tennessee.

Considering it was two guys who I figured were never coming to UT in the first place and I got confirmation of that, I didn't care to ask details at the time. If I were getting paid to do so, I would have. I'm not.

What excuse needs to be built in? He's making a million dollars a year at Wichita when you factor in benefits. If he gets offered Missouri or South Carolina, he'll leave. If not, he won't. Not like he doesn't have a good gig already.

You clearly said you thought it was going to be Marshall all along based on what you were hearing. You were wrong. Thats ok. Everyone else was too. You can own up to it. No one is perfect.

Just say it. It's cathartic. "I, hatvol, was wrong.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Who's debating that? It appeared to me that D's point was that the difference between NYC and Nashville is bigger than the difference between Nashville and Knoxville. I don't see how anyone could debate that.

I wasnt debating cronie #3s point. I simply pointed out what was coming the other guys way.

You clearly said you thought it was going to be Marshall all along based on what you were hearing. You were wrong. Thats ok. Everyone else was too. You can own up to it. No one is perfect.

Just say it. It's cathartic. "I, hatvol, was wrong.
How is an opinion wrong? When I asked who I thought it would be, I said Marshall. Had I known Hamilton was going to pay C-USA money, I'd have made a different call.

Ah yes, I see they have new ownership and in 2nd place. I retract my comment on bankruptcy. Nashville still needs a baseball and basketball team to be considered "a great sports town"

Which is why i called it a good sports town.
It's not big enough to support either of those right now. Maybe someday. It's still growing.

How is an opinion wrong? When I asked who I thought it would be, I said Marshall. Had I known Hamilton was going to pay C-USA money, I'd have made a different call.

so they set an upper limit on how much they were willing to spend? 1.5-2M?

Here is how an opinion is wrong.

Poster: hatvol, who do you think we will hire?

Hatvol: Marshall

We hired Martin.

Pretty simple concept. For a similar concept, see my tourney bracket. I thought Pittsburgh was going to win it all. They will not win it all. My opinion was wrong.

Here is how an opinion is wrong.

Poster: hatvol, who do you think we will hire?

Hatvol: Marshall

We hired Martin.

Pretty simple concept. For a similar concept, see my tourney bracket. I thought Pittsburgh was going to win it all. They will not win it all. My opinion was wrong.
When you fill out a bracket, you are asserting as fact what will happen. That's the point. If you can find anywhere that I said Marshall's hiring was a certainty, I've got a crisp $100 bill for you.

I wouldnt talk smack about Knoxville, when you claim Chattanooga as your home

And Nashville as a good sports city is laughable, you have the Titans and an almost bankrupt hockey team

I'm a Braves fan too, but Atlanta as a good sports city is even more laughable.

When you fill out a bracket, you are asserting as fact what will happen. That's the point. If you can find anywhere that I said Marshall's hiring was a certainty, I've got a crisp $100 bill for you.

Um, no. I am saying that I think it will happen that way. If I asserted an uncertain outcome as fact, I would be unreasonable.

You can't acknowledge that you were wrong. This is a fun game.

Awww hell clay has his opinions just like everybody else. I might disagree with a couple of things he says but for the most part I like clay. Everytime I meet clay he shakes my hand and calls me by my first name. He's got my respect. But I do think he kinda gets off on being hated. JMO

Clay is there to push buttons and get a rise out of people. According to this board, he's pretty successful at it.

Considering it was two guys who I figured were never coming to UT in the first place and I got confirmation of that, I didn't care to ask details at the time. If I were getting paid to do so, I would have. I'm not.

What excuse needs to be built in? He's making a million dollars a year at Wichita when you factor in benefits. If he gets offered Missouri or South Carolina, he'll leave. If not, he won't. Not like he doesn't have a good gig already.

Do you think Marshall is a lot better coach than Martin? Would we have been in better hands all around with Marshall? I just can't understand this hire at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back