Clay Travis pooped the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know if I'd put baseball below hockey. Even though we have one team and not the other I would still consider Nashville more of a baseball town than a hockey town.

Put it this way, if Nashville had a chance to trade franchises with Milwaukee where Milwaukee would get the Predators and Nashville would get the Brewers-- throw in the Sounds and Admirals for good measure--and put it to a vote, it would be approved by at least 75%.

In a past life I worked in retail...1st in sales were Titans followed by Vols.Third was the Predators.We tried selling Baseball,Nascar,even Vandy and MTSU merchandise.Eventually we found out we were just wasting alot of space selling anything but the big three.

Stopped listening to media guys like him a long time ago. Do my own research now. It's a lot more fun. If I want entertainment I will read posts from anti-Hamilton fans and listen to liberal left wingers. Kids say the darnedest things...

Awww hell clay has his opinions just like everybody else. I might disagree with a couple of things he says but for the most part I like clay. Everytime I meet clay he shakes my hand and calls me by my first name. He's got my respect. But I do think he kinda gets off on being hated. JMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't know if he gets off on it as much as he just knows what gets listeners. i.e.:

Clay is there to push buttons and get a rise out of people. According to this board, he's pretty successful at it.

Travis's idol is Finebaum.....the turd doesn't fall far from the rectum.

Marting isn't my first choice either but I'm a glass half full guy so I see positives and potential in him. I was a huge Pearl supporter so I would have liked to have stuck it out with Pearl as well. But Travis's public negativity towards Martin is unnecessary if he claims to be a fan of Tennessee. Travis doesn't know if he will succeed or fail anymore than the next guy.

He doesn't have to know that. All he needed to see was that the fanbase was split 50/50 on their opinion of the hire.

Travis is an idiot. Today he was talking crazy. Brent and Blaine could not convince him to give Martin a chance. I can't beleive he is a Vol fan. He sounds like a KY hoops fan. Their show is better than listening to Darren McFarland. Go Vols!!!

If they did convince him, that would be even more boring. Who wants to listen to three idiots that agree with each other? All of this just leads back to this:

Clay Travis is so stupid he has managed to use his haters to help advance his career. He may be several things, but stupid isn't one of them.

I don't always agree with Clay, but he has figured out how to make a d*mn good living getting peoples panties in a wad. As with all media(and many times even with VolNation), you just have to learn that you are reading only to get someone elses opinion(albeit most of the times it is warped when it comes to UT athletics) on something. Lighten up and don't take this crap to heart.

I don't know why exactly, but I've always liked the towns on the north side of Atlanta. I would definitely consider relocating there if the opportunity arose and I had some dirt on my wife that I could use to blackmail her into agreeing. The same thing goes for some of the towns west of DC. I've never had to do the professional driving commute in either, though, so maybe I would quickly reconsider :).

I don't know why exactly, but I've always liked the towns on the north side of Atlanta. I would definitely consider relocating there if the opportunity arose and I had some dirt on my wife that I could use to blackmail her into agreeing. The same thing goes for some of the towns west of DC. I've never had to do the professional driving commute in either, though, so maybe I would quickly reconsider :).

Atlanta's a fine place to live if and only if you have your life arranged so that traffic isn't an important part of your life. My wife and I have always lived in town and worked outside of it, and with a reverse commute traffic isn't any bigger a deal to us than it would be if we lived in Knoxville. If you wanted to live on the north side somewhere, you'd need to arrange your living and working situations fairly carefully if you didn't want to end up spending over an hour a day in your car.

I used to live in DC, too. The commuting situation in from the suburbs there is even more oppressive and cutthroat than it is down here.

He is a Paul Finebaum of Nashville, wanna be.

The guy went to George Washington University for undergrad. The only people who go there are rich foreign kids from the Middle East. Seriously Lee university is a bigger party school than GWU

Where do you get this stuff?

Claiming he couldn't hack it as an "actual lawyer" doesn't hep your credibility very much, either. Like his schtick or not, it is pretty clear that he has chosen this career over chasing ambulances.

Not sure whether he was "chasing ambulances" or not when he tried to practice law, but if that's all you think attorneys do then your opinion has little merit, although I will acknowledge that my profession isn't exactly highly regarded by society these days.

Where do you get this stuff?

My mother was a professor there, my brother went there, I got in there but didnt want to go. Its a school for dorky foreign kids who cant get in to Georgetown or student council geeks who want to be close to the Hill.

TennTraditions: You got both areas nailed

Not sure whether he was "chasing ambulances" or not when he tried to practice law, but if that's all you think attorneys do then your opinion has little merit, although I will acknowledge that my profession isn't exactly highly regarded by society these days.

Take a wild, flying guess about what highly regarded profession I enjoy, wise identifier of meritorious opinions.

I think you will find that there is a strong possibility that you are talking out of your ass, just as you were when you asserted that Travis "couldn't hack it." It isn't an uncommon affliction among attorneys, but it is one that prevents the profession from being highly regarded by some segments of society these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back