Clay Travis pooped the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll step up and say that I enjoy CT's perspective on things. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I do not. Sometimes he overreaches but I'd rather have some some spice in my sports commentary than a bunch of hokey truisms. If I gave squirt about UTK basketball I might be a little thinskinned right about now so I understand the criticism.

Saying "Pearl-to-Martin is the biggest downgrade since Fulmer-to-Kiffin" is pretty all-around retarded in every sense of the word.

He's an idiot. He can go cover whatever Pearl signs with after his 2 year ban he'll most likely receive is done

I moved away and came back. Nashville is plenty relevant. Its not Chicago, LA, or New York obviously. Great place to raise a family. Good sports town.Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agree.

And thank God almighty that Nashville aint chicago,la,or new york.

I thought his comments were pretty truthful. On paper the coach changing is a downgrade. We lost a proven winner for a guy we hope has a tremendous upside.

Saying "Pearl-to-Martin is the biggest downgrade since Fulmer-to-Kiffin" is pretty all-around retarded in every sense of the word.

Could you add a little color as to why you think this is an "all-around retarded" quote?

He's tolerable on the radio. I used to like him but he just keeps getting worse and worse. His Twitter page/feed is a joke and an embarrassment. I stopped following him a few months ago.

All of his stuff is predictable and not funny and he presents it with an air of arrogance that just makes it unbearable.

No reason to get on a flight when you already know the guy you are going to see wants 500K more than you are willing to pay. The same goes for UT and Marshall. If you want to pay 1.3 in the SEC, your pool of candidates shrinks measurably.

With all of your contacts that you claim, wouldn't you have known this beforehand?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Clay Travis cares ONLY for Clay Travis. I stopped listening to 3 hour lunch because he is such an idiot. His actual sports knowledge is a D- at best. He never played the game and doesn't know the game.

With all of your contacts that you claim, wouldn't you have known this beforehand?
What? That Hamilton was going to decide to hire on the cheap? I never considered that a possibility. Talking to the folks that represent two of the people UT contacted, it appears that was the plan all along.

Clay Travis cares ONLY for Clay Travis. I stopped listening to 3 hour lunch because he is such an idiot. His actual sports knowledge is a D- at best. He never played the game and doesn't know the game.

Clearly clay appeals only to the dumbest of our fans.

What? That Hamilton was going to decide to hire on the cheap? I never considered that a possibility. Talking to the folks that represent two of the people UT contacted, it appears that was the plan all along.

Wouldnt these people be able to tell you these things during the search? Maybe you just were wrong?

What is your built in excuse when Marshall is the coach at Wichita State next year?

We can disagree then. I love Knoxville and lived there for several years during and after college. But Nashville rates as a "bigger city" on any scale.

If you dare disagree with them, you are the dumbest person in the world. The roving gang will tell you that over and over.

Wouldnt these people be able to tell you these things during the search? Maybe you just were wrong?

What is your built in excuse when Marshall is the coach at Wichita State next year?
Considering it was two guys who I figured were never coming to UT in the first place and I got confirmation of that, I didn't care to ask details at the time. If I were getting paid to do so, I would have. I'm not.

What excuse needs to be built in? He's making a million dollars a year at Wichita when you factor in benefits. If he gets offered Missouri or South Carolina, he'll leave. If not, he won't. Not like he doesn't have a good gig already.

I wouldnt talk smack about Knoxville, when you claim Chattanooga as your home

And Nashville as a good sports city is laughable, you have the Titans and an almost bankrupt hockey team

I've lived in all 3. Nashville > Chattanooga > Knoxville. No question Knox is the bottom of those 3.

And the Preds are nowhere near bankrupt. You need to update your Preds news from 2007, that was 4 years ago. They have a new ownership group who have reported a profit in each season since taking over.

If you dare disagree with them, you are the dumbest person in the world. The roving gang will tell you that over and over.

wait I thought the roving gangs were in Nashville. I'm lost now

Who's debating that? It appeared to me that D's point was that the difference between NYC and Nashville is bigger than the difference between Nashville and Knoxville. I don't see how anyone could debate that.

And the Preds are nowhere near bankrupt. You need to update your Preds news from 2007, that was 4 years ago. They have a new ownership group who have reported a profit in each season since taking over.

Ah yes, I see they have new ownership and in 2nd place. I retract my comment on bankruptcy. Nashville still needs a baseball and basketball team to be considered "a great sports town"

I wouldnt talk smack about Knoxville, when you claim Chattanooga as your home

And Nashville as a good sports city is laughable, you have the Titans and an almost bankrupt hockey team

I lived there before both of those teams came to town when it was a choice of the Sounds or a variety of college games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back