Clay Travis Claims Multiple 5* Silent Commits

Certain coaches mentioned Darnell Wright by name this weekend to recruits. Whether it slipped or was just a recruiting ploy, I don't know. But it was said that Wanya Morris and Darnell Wright "could be blocking for you if you come here".
Man, if I was an offensive recruit, that would definitely get my attention!

Someone in the recruiting forum mentioned 3 5* players and stated we have turned away multiple 4* players because of the high profile players we are in on currently,which is good but also make me nervous to,if we miss on the 5* start players.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I am sure he has some connections in Knoxville because he did write a book about the 2008 season and he is a prominent media figure with a passion for UT. Therefore, I don't think it's a huge stretch to think he has heard something. However, in the end we must remember that recruiting deals with 17-19 year old young men, which means stuff can change in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Clay trying to stay relevant. If he's right, we think he is an insider. If wrong, no one will really remember.

Dude wanted Petrino as coach, twice, and fell for the Gruden crap.

And yes, that's his IMO, make claims/statements/etc.; when he's right, he doesn't shut up about it, when he's wrong, he either ignores it or changes the narrative. He's like a big time D4H.

Not that it matters in the least to anyone but when I think of legit information floating around it's source for me is not CT...BUT...I don't care who does what and who gets the credit for anything...Whether he knows something or not means zero to me...lets just get those 5*'s in here and get this thing rolling...and I assure you IF we land multiple 5*'s on NSD I will NOT remember back and think "Hey CT did know what he was talking about"...just wont be in my thought process...JMO...

Why silent? If 5 star players are going to come here, isn't it in everybody's best interest for them to make it public? Seems like good players committing would attract more good players, etc...

Why silent? If 5 star players are going to come here, isn't it in everybody's best interest for them to make it public? Seems like good players committing would attract more good players, etc...

Some kids want their moment in the sun and want to commit at an all star game. Some know backlash is coming. And others have a certain date picked out they want to commit. We had a player commit on the anniversary of his brothers death.

Silent commits are real. Certain posters just love to argue about it.

Some kids want their moment in the sun and want to commit at an all star game. Some know backlash is coming. And others have a certain date picked out they want to commit. We had a player commit on the anniversary of his brothers death.

Silent commits are real. Certain posters just love to argue about it.

So is BVS, unfortunately.

What would he know about football?
View attachment 176159
Looking at a list of Randy Travis' hit songs, maybe he DOES know a thing or two about the recruiting game:

Better Class of Losers ... If I Didn't Have You ... Promises ... I Won't Need You Anymore ... Reasons I Cheat ... Are We in Trouble Now?

I have a feeling opposing coaches like Smart and Mushchamp that knew JP were watching our coaching search laughing hysterically..

"They're gonna hire borin Doeren...bahahaha.bwahahah 😂🤣😂...wait..what? They are hiring Jeremy??? Oh crap..UT is finna be a problem" 🤔🤨
Is there a story to why Kirby hates Pruitt so much?

Reactions: UTSuave’
i hope it's because we're making life miserable on the recruiting trail, and soon on the field. i'm sure Stoops and Malzahn are already at the front of that line....lol.

Looking at a list of Randy Travis' hit songs, maybe he DOES know a thing or two about the recruiting game:

Better Class of Losers ... If I Didn't Have You ... Promises ... I Won't Need You Anymore ... Reasons I Cheat ... Are We in Trouble Now?
He sang a song about the Gruden coaching search "Is it still over, are we still through." I do love me some Randy Travis

VN Store

Back