Clay Travis Claims Multiple 5* Silent Commits

Speaking for myself only, it's not that I have a hard time believing that a so called "silent commit" happens nowadays, it's more that I have a hard time believing Pruitt is stupid enough to tell Clay Travis or someone who might tell Clay Travis such information. Moreover, I doubt Pruitt or any other decent college coach (who are generally all men of the world) put much stock in the "silent commit". What if a girl silent committed to go to prom with you when you were high school? What would that be worth? Understand, I'm not saying we don't get Wright or Pappoe, or anyone else, I'm just not that excited or impressed by this information. There are people on here with great insight into football and the program, etc., but in my humble opinion, this sounds like what I said off the top "classic message board BS". Well now, it's been fun, I'm off to show a couple of townhouses off to Cindy Gruden. ;)

I must have missed the fun in high school when girls publicly committed to going to prom.

Maybe not the time or place for my opinion but I personally wish somehow the public commitment could go the way of the dinosaurs.
What fun that would be! Every fanbase could fantasize that it had the number one class until signing day. What a land of milk and honey that would be for the MIT Beavers of the world!

Rule # 1: Don't talk about the fight club.
Rule # 2: Never trust a Vandy guy.

Who has the photo of Clay Travis with James Franklin in the hot tub?
clay-and-40.jpg

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Did your prom date actually tell you not to tell anyone she was going with you? I guess that explains the differing perspective.

Oh, not really. But we didn’t announce it to the rest of the school either. My closest friends were probably the only ones that knew.

Why does the concept bother you? Serious question.

It "bothers" me to some extent because it gets fanbases riled up and can lead to some pretty nasty blowback if/when it doesn't happen. Remember some of the meltdowns last year on NSD when UT struck out on a bunch of their targets?

I am pretty surprised that my comment was met with this much anger though...guess that's why this forum has a certain reputation.

Reactions: Jack Burton
It "bothers" me to some extent because it gets fanbases riled up and can lead to some pretty nasty blowback if/when it doesn't happen. Remember some of the meltdowns last year on NSD when UT struck out on a bunch of their targets?

I am pretty surprised that my comment was met with this much anger though...guess that's why this forum has a certain reputation.

It shouldn’t bother anyone or cause any meltdowns. People who have followed recruiting for a long time know that silents are part of the process. However, they also know that 17-18 year olds can change their minds and eventually sign with someone else.

I want to to get all the great players just like any other fan and am disappointed when we lose a guy. But I have no control over it and not going to “meltdown” when a kid chooses another school.

1542253695376.gif

I actually like listening to Clay Travis. I thought about buying his book he wrote about TN. Apparently he is oretty well connected with the program. So there may be some 5* that we are not necessarily expecting at this point.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Clay doesn't strike me as the kind of guy with access to real insider recruiting info.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who realizes that he could personally benefit from getting a fan base wound up.

Clay doesn't strike me as the kind of guy with access to real insider recruiting info.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who realizes that he could personally benefit from getting a fan base wound up.

The guy asked Tebow if he was a virgin at SEC media days for attention. He's good at what he does, which is getting idiots in a fan base riled up about other idiots in a fan base. I think he's a pretty sharp dude who dumbs himself down for entertainment purposes.

Wonder if he's buddies with Barton Simmons, though (also based in Nashville).

VN Store

Back