Classless...period

Just my opinion, but this was classless and an embarrassment. What makes it even worse was someone throwing the golf ball…I mean, who takes a golf ball to a football game unless they are planning on throwing it?

And you can list all the other teams that have done similar things in the past as well, but I really do not care about other football teams nor their fans. This did not look good. I put the blame squarely on those fans who decided to do this as well as the mob mentality to follow their lead.

That being said, how did the administration not think this all the way through…two great games prior, evening game, ranked opponent, and a checkered Neyland will bring the emotions to a frantic level by their own.

Now, throw in the history and raw emotions many Vol fans have for Lane Kiffin, all day to drink, and alcohol at the ballgame…this game was a powder keg. Once a couple questionable calls that both negatively impacted the Vols, the match was lit.

Administration should have also known that something g very bad could potentially happen and had a lot more security there on the field and in the stands to (a) act as a deterrent, and (b) catch the initial perpetrators and minimize the impact.

That being said, the fans should shoulder the blame here, but failure to plan by administration did not help prevent anything.

Again—just one guy’s opinion. We all have them, and many will think mine stinks.

Just my opinion, but this was classless and an embarrassment. What makes it even worse was someone throwing the golf ball…I mean, who takes a golf ball to a football game unless they are planning on throwing it?

And you can list all the other teams that have done similar things in the past as well, but I really do not care about other football teams nor their fans. This did not look good. I put the blame squarely on those fans who decided to do this as well as the mob mentality to follow their lead.

That being said, how did the administration not think this all the way through…two great games prior, evening game, ranked opponent, and a checkered Neyland will bring the emotions to a frantic level by their own.

Now, throw in the history and raw emotions many Vol fans have for Lane Kiffin, all day to drink, and alcohol at the ballgame…this game was a powder keg. Once a couple questionable calls that both negatively impacted the Vols, the match was lit.

Administration should have also known that something g very bad could potentially happen and had a lot more security there on the field and in the stands to (a) act as a deterrent, and (b) catch the initial perpetrators and minimize the impact.

That being said, the fans should shoulder the blame here, but failure to plan by administration did not help prevent anything.

Again—just one guy’s opinion. We all have them, and many will think mine stinks.
agreed. We showed what we are and have been for 15 years or longer. Losers. Blame it on the refs or the administration, whoever. We left no doubt last night. We are losers. Period.

Completely classless. Period.

We aint Vandy, and we should not act like it.

We are still a top ten program. Act like it,

Stop deluding yourself, man. We haven’t been a top 10 program since 2007. It’s getting hard to argue us as a top 25 program anymore. We have to earn back that status first, and no the fans didn’t exactly do their best to paint our program in the best light last night. We’re gonna get raked over the coals for this for years. Anytime there’s a controversial call late in a game at Neyland I’m sure we will be reminded.

Reactions: willinhf
This is what they are not telling on ESPN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-141626-197.png
    Screenshot_20211017-141626-197.png
    145 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: txbo

Maybe it was their lucky golfball.

I'm mystified that anyone would minimize this. Luckily no one was hurt, but I would think a water bottle, especially with content, would hurt like hell if it hit you from 20-30 feet away. Not to mention that it interrupted the game. In case you didn't notice, at the end you had two shots to win it. But the fan behavior almost cost you that opportunity.
It’s happened 2 times before last night this year at other schools. Name them without google.

That’s right, and just like ole miss basketball fan meltdown, nobody will care about this in a week or so.

Reactions: hog88
Stop deluding yourself, man. We haven’t been a top 10 program since 2007. It’s getting hard to argue us as a top 25 program anymore. We have to earn back that status first, and no the fans didn’t exactly do their best to paint our program in the best light last night. We’re gonna get raked over the coals for this for years. Anytime there’s a controversial call late in a game at Neyland I’m sure we will be reminded.
We weren't top ten in 2007. We haven't been a top ten program since 2001, with the exception of preseason rankings in 2002 and 2005...two seasons that we eventually stunk it up

Reactions: WBO
Um, WTF do statistics have to do with it sparky? People were drunk in Neyland long before they started selling beer in the stadium. I know facts are hard, but try to keep up.
I thought I posted dumb statements, but what facts do you have and what percentage of fans? Yeah, I had to wait in line for the 8 and 10-year-olds to get my Beer.....because they were drinking heavily.

We weren't top ten in 2007. We haven't been a top ten program since 2001, with the exception of preseason rankings in 2002 and 2005...two seasons that we eventually stunk it up

Who could forget that UAB game Labor Day weekend of ‘05 Lol. Foreshadowing at its best. I should’ve clarified what I meant by top 10 program, I meant a program with top 10 expectations annually. Rankings wise we made it there for a week or two after the Dobbs Hail Mary over UGa, didn’t we?

Who could forget that UAB game Labor Day weekend of ‘05 Lol. Foreshadowing at its best. I should’ve clarified what I meant by top 10 program, I meant a program with top 10 expectations annually. Rankings wise we made it there for a week or two after the Dobbs Hail Mary over UGa, didn’t we?
We were in there some during the 2016 season

One day, you're gonna grow up. Probably.

And when you do, you'll understand that it's not okay to throw a temper tantrum. You'll learn that we each, all of us, get to control exactly one person: ourselves. We don't get to control the refs. Or the opposing team's players. Or coaching staff. We have responsibility and authority over the actions of one single person.

And the thing about maturing, it comes with a realization that you could do better. That you _should_ do better. That the impact you make on the world around you, good or evil, is all you get credit for in life. At the end of the day, you are nothing to the rest of the world but the net sum of all that you did. And if much of what you did is cheap, dirty, selfish, childish, well, that's you.

Here's hoping you are one day mature enough to understand all this.

Until then, stay the hell away from our program, please. We don't need you sullying it with your immature idiocy.
I doubt he will. Meth has fried his brain a long time ago.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back