Classless...period

Ole Miss has done nothing but faked injuries and taunt our players the whole game.

It’s justified.
There is no justification for throwing objects at players and coaches on the field. None. Ever! The fans gave the high ground to Kiffin. He goaded them and got the exact response he was looking for. Probably laughed his ass off all the way home. Not only do they get the win, but with Hooker gone, they likely ruined our season AND got the media the ammo they needed to once again trash our program. In a word...STUPID!

Throwing trash on the field happens all of the time in baseball after a bad call. Why is it classless when we do it??? Several calls were beyond egregious in this game. I don’t condone this type of behavior, but perhaps some of it was warranted this time. Hmmm

Yep, I can't count how many times the bat boys and ball girls have to run so they don't get hit with golf balls and bottles.

Don't try to normalize or excuse bad behavior.

Yep, I can't count how many times the bat boys and ball girls have to run so they don't get hit with golf balls and bottles.

Don't try to normalize or excuse bad behavior.

Not trying to normalize or excuse it. I do not condone throwing golf balls or anything that could injure someone. But as has been posted, the throwing of cups and other thrash happens all the time.

Ole Miss threw trash onto their basketball court in a game vs UT just 2 years ago, so it’s not like it’s unprecedented. Watch the video yourself. Yes, it’s ugly, but so was last nights officiating.

Not trying to normalize or excuse it. I do not condone throwing golf balls or anything that could injure someone. But as has been posted, the throwing of cups and other thrash happens all the time.

Ole Miss threw trash onto their basketball court in a game vs UT just 2 years ago, so it’s not like it’s unprecedented. Watch the video yourself. Yes, it’s ugly, but so was last nights officiating.

You're not trying to condone or normalize or excuse it, you're just pointing out other people do it so apparently that makes it ok or we should stop being upset about it.

Remember when you and a bunch of your friends did something stupid you shouldn't have, and when your parents confronted you, you said "But everyone else was doing it!"....what did your parents say?

Throwing things on the field is inexcusable, but Tennessee got hosed by the refs the whole game! Tennessee fans are the most passionate fans in the country, and I’m not going criticize them!
Besides, anyone remember when Ole Miss threw trash on the basketball court when Tennessee played them a few years ago? So don’t act like it’s never happened before, or that Tennessee fans are the only ones who’ve ever made that mistake because they aren’t!!! GBO!!!

Throwing things on the field is inexcusable, but Tennessee got hosed by the refs the whole game! Tennessee fans are the most passionate fans in the country, and I’m not going criticize them!
Besides, anyone remember when Ole Miss threw trash on the basketball court when Tennessee played them a few years ago? So don’t act like it’s never happened before, or that Tennessee fans are the only ones who’ve ever made that mistake because they aren’t!!! GBO!!!

So we're as s***y as Ole Miss fans then...got it.

You're not trying to condone or normalize or excuse it, you're just pointing out other people do it so apparently that makes it ok or we should stop being upset about it.

Remember when you and a bunch of your friends did something stupid you shouldn't have, and when your parents confronted you, you said "But everyone else was doing it!"....what did your parents say?

Not at all what I’m saying. Those are your words. I am openly stating it was a mistake and should not have happened. My point here is we should not take anymore flak, or be fined more so than any other schools who have done this in the past.

So, are we going to be fined? Was Ole Miss fined when they threw trash on their basketball court? Did Sankey issue a public reprimand in that instance? I don’t seem to remember one.

Last edited:
So we're as s***y as Ole Miss fans then...got it.
You know that’s not what I’m saying, don’t act like you’re some super evolved human form, I just meant I’m not going to crucify passionate Tennessee fans for a momentary lapse in judgement. If you want to then go ahead, but I guess you already did!

You know that’s not what I’m saying, don’t act like you’re some super evolved human form, I just meant I’m not going to crucify passionate Tennessee fans for a momentary lapse in judgement. If you want to then go ahead, but I guess you already did!

I wasn't aware calling bad behavior bad was "crucifying" but I'm learning how bad the victim mentality is with much of this fanbase. It's quite pathetic.

Anyone marginalizing this not caring what the media says is being extremely short sighted. My wife’s an MBA grad from UT and a VP at a Fortune 500 company. She was aghast and humiliated as her phone blew up with many from coworkers. Think she’s going to proudly claim her UT loyalties anytime soon? NO! This infamous event will smolder for a while. I hope we don’t get a bunch of idiots on the call in shows making it worse.

MBAs have ruined this country, tell your wife I said that. Thanks for outsourcing America.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Am an ole miss fan that grew up in TN and have been to +/- 30 games in Neyland and i have no intentions going back. There were multiple f yous walking out, including someone actually making physical contact outside gate 20. Person said “how does it feel to be a b*** and win” grabbing my shoulder. Just said “I didn’t win anything- what did you lose?” Literally was just having a much needed good night with my dad (VFL) hitting our first game together in forever. Hate the way such a good game/atmosphere was wasted by our fake injuries, etc., but no excuse for the late night environment. Come to expect it at bama, the swamp, Baton Rouge, but not Neyland. That said, there were multiple fans apologizing to us (evidently people behind us were shouting belligerent s*** at us all night, but was too loud to hear lol it was noisy) for their classless behavior. At the end of the day, it’s a game. Say what you want about us, but if roles were reversed, I can guarantee you’d still be treated like a neighbor in the grove. Just an awful look for y’all’s fanbase.

Going to SEC away games as an ole miss fan is chill everywhere except lsu. We historically are terrible. Congrats on making an unnecessary hostile environment for what’s probably one of the most laid back fanbases in college football. Get over the kiffin thing- the kids on these teams were 8-10 years old when that happened and there’s no way a program with UTs resources can rationally say their current struggles can still be tied to that.

Again, have always had a ton of respect for UT- some of the best sports moments of my life are in that stadium. Any other game I’d be pulling for you guys (we rarely play each other and despise the same teams), but honestly after Saturday I’m good.

VN Store

Back