CJP Post Missouri Presser

I know that if Pruitt wins it'll be tougher to nit pick the guy but...I hate how he doesn't use proper English. Dude is supposed to be a leader of a bunch of college kids and he is like..."they done good"..."we just wasn't ready"...dude really? He has to know that's not the right way to say it. Why almost go out of your way to sound dumb in an interview. And before you just totally dismiss this, name a big time success coach that talks like that. And go...

Who gives a **** about proper grammar. Win some damn games. That’s his job.

Ok...He doesn't get paid to use proper English. His job is to coach and if his improper English gets through to these players, that is good enough for me. Just listen to what he is saying, not the way he is saying it. Have you ever talked to a young athlete? He could care less if you use proper English. He is looking for what you know, that is what is most important to him.
*couldn't

What he said sounded about right. Think about it. If he starts flexing higher level grammar skills out of nowhere, it doesn't mesh well with the good old boy hard working football coach persona we bought and wouldn't come across as genuine to any but the most gullible fans. You don't want a pencil neck up there with geek speak and five dollar vocabulary words sprinkling an "indubitably" for every alright. You want a call it like it is straight shooter football coach and that's who we got!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I know that if Pruitt wins it'll be tougher to nit pick the guy but...I hate how he doesn't use proper English. Dude is supposed to be a leader of a bunch of college kids and he is like..."they done good"..."we just wasn't ready"...dude really? He has to know that's not the right way to say it. Why almost go out of your way to sound dumb in an interview. And before you just totally dismiss this, name a big time success coach that talks like that. And go...

It’s remarkable how certain forms of predjudice and bigotry are accepted and others are denounced.

If an African American coach was called out for speach that was too “urban,” whoever did it would be ran out of town in a rail, but CJP is neither African American nor urban.

He is Southern and grew up in a time and place where the people around him spoke the way he speaks. And as most of us know, disparaging someone because they’re a red neck, hay seed or hick is perfectly okay, because those who typically conjure up the outrage aren’t interested in doing so for red necks, hay seeds and hicks.

We were thoroughly outmatched on D yesterday, but we kinda thought that, going in, w/ future NFL QB, big OL, and good running game from Miz. So, that was always going to be a tough matchup for us. However, on the flip side, our offense had some success, but think the game plan/calling was off the mark. Maybe had something to do with JG injury...I'm sure it did. But, that didn't account for our OL having success last week and and regressing to turnstiles this week, resulting in no time for Chryst to throw or space for RB's to run. We've had some very untimely fumbles all year, and the 2 INT's killed us.

Yeah, Dooley's non-southern accent really told you a lot about how he wasn't smart enough or tough. I can't believe it took volnation 3 years to figure out that yankee.
Respectfully, I don’t think a southern accent is the problem. It’s the completely mangled grammar. From a media standpoint he is the biggest representative there is for the University of Tennessee. It’s not a good look and projects a poor image for an institution of higher learning. JMO.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Respectfully, I don’t think a southern accent is the problem. It’s the completely mangled grammar. From a media standpoint he is the biggest representative there is for the University of Tennessee. It’s not a good look and projects a poor image for an institution of higher learning. JMO.

Higher learning? I don’t care what he or the players sound like if they win. Winning cures all.

Read this elsewhere but can’t find on VN. Did the seniors not run through the T? If so, was CJP asked about why they did not? @Carl Pickens

Last edited:
Higher learning? I don’t care what he or the players sound like if they win. Winning cures all.

Please tell me you’re not one of those fans who believe the Universtiy’s sole purpose is to support the football program. The fact is, the manner in which the most high profile representative of UT speaks in public reflects on every person who earned a degree there. I would prefer that Coach Pruitt polish up the speaking.

Reactions: dlravol2
THANK YOU!!!
Name another ceo of a multi million dollar business (that’s what he is ) that uses such hick-poor grammar . Seriously. You have a college degree and make over 2M per year. If you are seriously that bad then CPF needs to make him work with an image consultant over the summer . He is embarrassing in his presentation and could easily improve if he cared to.
Who gives AF? For me, it’s much better than all the fake car salesman from the North. I mean this is football, not the spelling bee. Strap on the pads, and run somebody over, don’t grade his essay. Sheesh

Please tell me you’re not one of those fans who believe the Universtiy’s sole purpose is to support the football program. The fact is, the manner in which the most high profile representative of UT speaks in public reflects on every person who earned a degree there. I would prefer that Coach Pruitt polish up the speaking.
Please tell me you don’t think football is the only representation of our university

Reactions: JacketVol
Nice double actually triple negative use in B schoolmarm. Sheesh you can spot the first college grad in their family correcting English in a public forum rather easily. I'll bet they love you around that Thanksgiving table winner, lording it over those lowly high school grads.

Since we are nitpicking, I saw a manager drop a put at half time.

A. I have spell checker to blame. He doesn't.
B. I'm not a head coach and paid millions of dollars to not sound like a blooming fool that never took 1st grade grammer. But good catch.
Is it 1st grade that they teach grammer?

Lol. Idiot.

I have an undergrad degree from UT. In my professional career, I am constantly confronted and chastised by my peers and my clients based on observable qualities exhibited by Tennessee's football coach. Only one of those two sentences is even remotely based on reality.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
"we need to make sure we leave it better than we found it."

Man, that resonates in my life. My dad preached this to me when we went to work in his landscaping business. This kind of thought is going to server this coach and staff very well. Pruitt is like a sponge, he is absorbing everything about this year, and will come out so much better for it. Next couple of years should be exciting, so don't get your head's down VN.

VN Store

Back