CJP Post Missouri Presser

A. I have spell checker to blame. He doesn't.
B. I'm not a head coach and paid millions of dollars to not sound like a blooming fool that never took 1st grade grammer. But good catch.

Nice double actually triple negative use in B schoolmarm. Sheesh you can spot the first college grad in their family correcting English in a public forum rather easily. I'll bet they love you around that Thanksgiving table winner, lording it over those lowly high school grads.

Aren’t you after today?

He’s likely so sick of the lack of SEC players that he has to work with that he’s eagerly awaiting signing day so he can get rid of/put 25 players on the current roster in the rear view mirror and start working with the actual SEC level players he’s about to bring in. That’s my guess.

I hope that's the explanation, although it seems unlikely and a little too convenient to me. I don't know how we ever managed to beat Auburn and Kentucky with such awful players. Maybe if we could just get them to be more consistent and stop making such dumb mistakes. Is there a job description for someone who might come in and help us out with that?

A. I have spell checker to blame. He doesn't.
B. I'm not a head coach and paid millions of dollars to not sound like a blooming fool that never took 1st grade grammer. But good catch.

I can understand wanting coaching "window dressing". But, honestly, I don't care. Give me a guy who can recruit studs here and coach them into a team that win's, and I'm happy as can be. He can hire 3 or 4 hotties from the communications dept to handle the interviews for all I care.

Reactions: Volanta
I understand, but Dooley could articulate you to death and quote Shakespeare and Patten, but couldn't connect the dots on the football field (except tonight)...so, I'll take southern accent...he's plenty smart enough and tough. Shame the UGA 6 recruits didn't see a better game.

Yeah, Dooley's non-southern accent really told you a lot about how he wasn't smart enough or tough. I can't believe it took volnation 3 years to figure out that yankee.

Reactions: k-town_king
Quote from Pruitt in his post-game presser:

“The way the games gotten now, everybody's running whatever run play they want to run," Pruitt said. "They're running (We don’t have) glance routes or double slants or whatever, out routes — they can run whatever. If you've got more in there than they can block, they throw the ball, and if you don’t, they run the ball. (the horses) Today, the few times that we were even in the box, we didn’t stop them (running the ball). They handed the ball off and gained 7 or 8 yards.(for a game like this)
You kind of combat that and say, 'Heck, we're just going to play them man-to-man,' and we didn’t cover them. It's kind of pick your poison. (because Butch) The same thing happened against Alabama”(had no clue how to develop players)

If you look closely you can see what he really means sprinkled throughout hidden in bold

“The way the games gotten now, everybody's running whatever run play they want to run," Pruitt said. "They're running (We don’t have) glance routes or double slants or whatever, out routes — they can run whatever. If you've got more in there than they can block, they throw the ball, and if you don’t, they run the ball. (the horses) Today, the few times that we were even in the box, we didn’t stop them (running the ball). They handed the ball off and gained 7 or 8 yards.(for a game like this)
You kind of combat that and say, 'Heck, we're just going to play them man-to-man,' and we didn’t cover them. It's kind of pick your poison. (because Butch) The same thing happened against Alabama”(had no clue how to develop players)

If you look closely you can see what he really means sprinkled throughout hidden in bold
I think I see it... Wait till I get my own players...Aight.

For the star gazzers, Tn has the 15th most talent and Missouri is ranked 42 with only 6 4-stars, obviously no 5 stars, they have more 2 stars than 4 stars. Proof that coaching matters.

hqdefault.jpg

CCCCCoach ssssssays tttttthe pppppplayers sssssssssuck.

Reactions: Volanta and PA Vol
For the star gazzers, Tn has the 15th most talent and Missouri is ranked 42 with only 6 4-stars, obviously no 5 stars, they have more 2 stars than 4 stars. Proof that coaching matters.

hqdefault.jpg

BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays

In 2025 whats your excuse?

hqdefault.jpg

BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays BBBBBut CCCCCoach ssssssays

Yeah, hope this isn't something the fans catch on to. When you take 2 star and make 3 and 4 star out of them you know you got it....when you take 3 star and make 4 and 5 star you know you got it and the fans know you got it and the recruits know you got it. When you can't then the fans ask WHY NOT

Yeah, hope this isn't something the fans catch on to. When you take 2 star and make 3 and 4 star out of them you know you got it....when you take 3 star and make 4 and 5 star you know you got it and the fans know you got it and the recruits know you got it. When you can't then the fans ask WHY NOT

Butch took 5-star players and turned them into FCS walk ons

They seem incrementally, marginally better, pending next week's results. Is the turnaround fast enough for you?

I put a Vandy win at about 35/65......Mason can get his players ready. If Vandy is one dimensional we got a chance if they can throw the ball then about as I said. The Vandy D coordinator should follow the same game plan as Miz did today. Bring the pressure and bring it often and cover the gaps. Will you respond on the board if Vandy whips Tennessee ?

VN Store

Back