CJP Post Missouri Presser

Coach is so smart and tough and brave the way coach comes out and tells us how much his player suck.
He shouldn't really do that, but do you think he's really doing that? Some posters here interpret his terseness however they want to. It's also possible that he is totally lost in space and has no idea why things haven't worked out in terms of moving out of the SEC EAST catacombs.

For the star gazzers, Tn has the 15th most talent and Missouri is ranked 42 with only 6 4-stars, obviously no 5 stars, they have more 2 stars than 4 stars. Proof that coaching matters.

I guess we are star gazing now. Of course, coaching matters, CJP is working with players that he inherited, some bought in to him and possibly some that are too far gone.

I know that if Pruitt wins it'll be tougher to nit pick the guy but...I hate how he doesn't use proper English. Dude is supposed to be a leader of a bunch of college kids and he is like..."they done good"..."we just wasn't ready"...dude really? He has to know that's not the right way to say it. Why almost go out of your way to sound dumb in an interview. And before you just totally dismiss this, name a big time success coach that talks like that. And go...

THANK YOU!!!
Name another ceo of a multi million dollar business (that’s what he is ) that uses such hick-poor grammar . Seriously. You have a college degree and make over 2M per year. If you are seriously that bad then CPF needs to make him work with an image consultant over the summer . He is embarrassing in his presentation and could easily improve if he cared to.

He sounds dumb on purpose to fit in with his people. The ones that get rock hard because he said "cornbread"

Says more about the people than him I suppose. I know if he was at Alabama everyone would say he is a f@#k&*G inbred retard but now he is at Tennessee so if you talk about his grammar you're a F**

THANK YOU!!!
Name another ceo of a multi million dollar business (that’s what he is ) that uses such hick-poor grammar . Seriously. You have a college degree and make over 2M per year. If you are seriously that bad then CPF needs to make him work with an image consultant over the summer . He is embarrassing in his presentation and could easily improve if he cared to.

His poor grammar and appearance does reflect poorly on UT.

It may just be me, but if I were to post a complaint about grammar, I would not use Dude three times in four lines. It weakens your argument.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
For the star gazzers, Tn has the 15th most talent and Missouri is ranked 42 with only 6 4-stars, obviously no 5 stars, they have more 2 stars than 4 stars. Proof that coaching matters.
They've got a 5 star DL....so there's that.

I put a Vandy win at about 35/65......Mason can get his players ready. If Vandy is one dimensional we got a chance if they can throw the ball then about as I said. The Vandy D coordinator should follow the same game plan as Miz did today. Bring the pressure and bring it often and cover the gaps. Will you respond on the board if Vandy whips Tennessee ?
Mason has been there how many years? He has recruited players for his system. A lot can be said about continuity.

A. I have spell checker to blame. He doesn't.
B. I'm not a head coach and paid millions of dollars to not sound like a blooming fool that never took 1st grade grammer. But good catch.

It's impossible to help yourself here.
Also, the 420 in your username tells me that you should just say no when thinking about making a thread.

I jest, mostly.

I don't care what he sounds like as long as he can coach players up to their talent level and win games ( lots of them, and I prefer all but let's be realistic )

Reactions: k-town_king
A few years from now, if Pruitt turns out NOT to be the answer at head coach, we will look back on that quote as the moment we should have known.
There have been a "few" more moments earlier than this that we can look back on and say "we should have known". I just wonder if Pruitt is going to keep trying the onside kicks "until" we get one."

I know that if Pruitt wins it'll be tougher to nit pick the guy but...I hate how he doesn't use proper English. Dude is supposed to be a leader of a bunch of college kids and he is like..."they done good"..."we just wasn't ready"...dude really? He has to know that's not the right way to say it. Why almost go out of your way to sound dumb in an interview. And before you just totally dismiss this, name a big time success coach that talks like that. And go...
He is a football coach leading college football players bro..they aren't the sharpest knives in the fridge.

Is it just me or does it seem like Pruitt is ready for this season to be over?

I think everyone, including Pruitt is ready for this season to be over.
The lack of effort today, was unbelievable and many of the players should be ashamed of themselves......it was aparent to everyone

Quote from Pruitt in his post-game presser:

“The way the games gotten now, everybody's running whatever run play they want to run," Pruitt said. "They're running (We don’t have) glance routes or double slants or whatever, out routes — they can run whatever. If you've got more in there than they can block, they throw the ball, and if you don’t, they run the ball. (the horses) Today, the few times that we were even in the box, we didn’t stop them (running the ball). They handed the ball off and gained 7 or 8 yards.(for a game like this)
You kind of combat that and say, 'Heck, we're just going to play them man-to-man,' and we didn’t cover them. It's kind of pick your poison. (because Butch) The same thing happened against Alabama”(had no clue how to develop players)

If you look closely you can see what he really means sprinkled throughout hidden in bold

Pruitt's saying we cant tackle, we can't cover and we can't block, so teams are able to do anything they want and have success......I agree with him

Reactions: tbones0711
There have been a "few" more moments earlier than this that we can look back on and say "we should have known". I just wonder if Pruitt is going to keep trying the onside kicks "until" we get one."
Ugh. Another high risk no reward OSK which we didnt get. Mizz takes the ball and scores. We're 0 for 3 now?

Missouri's player's looked like men compared to our kids and they played that way as well

Exactly, they whipped the Vols like UT whipped ETSU. A physical beat down on both sides of the ball. But why?

Every year UT has been in the top 15 in recruiting and Missouri is top 40 at best. Yet, the Tigers were bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic at every position. Callaway and possibly Jennings are the only UT players that would even be in Missouri's 2 deep. This makes no sense.

Reactions: 10acvolsfan
A. I have spell checker to blame. He doesn't.
B. I'm not a head coach and paid millions of dollars to not sound like a blooming fool that never took 1st grade grammer. But good catch.
Ok...He doesn't get paid to use proper English. His job is to coach and if his improper English gets through to these players, that is good enough for me. Just listen to what he is saying, not the way he is saying it. Have you ever talked to a young athlete? He could care less if you use proper English. He is looking for what you know, that is what is most important to him.

VN Store

Back