Christmas in Memphis

We went to Rendezvous once shortly after moving here, by far the worst ribs I’ve ever had. Extremely tough and had to actually use some muscle to pull them apart. If we want ribs and we’re downtown we go to Blues City.

Go to meal for me at Central is a half order of BBQ nachos with their house chips, and a bologna sandwich. That’ll fill you up for awhile.

Memphis guy I work with said they’re not going to release single seats for this game until December 3rd.

This is the only legit game Tiger High plays all season so I'm guessing they used it to try to sell as many season tix as possible.

Last edited:
There’s a very real chance Memphis finishes 2019 with the No. 1 recruiting class.

2019 #1 recruit James Wiseman picks Memphis over UK.
UK fans are saltier than the Pacific Ocean over this one. It's a classic "Did not want, he's soft" type of denial over at CatPause lol. I love seeing UK fans disappointed. I feel like the Coach Cal days are coming close to being over.

Wish Barnes could have persuaded Wiseman to come here.

Looks like he’s going to grow into a big time player.

Looks like hoops in the Volunteer state is heating up with some bad / (somewhat) good news here. Obviously not ideal this potential 2020 NBA Draft #1 pick ends up at Memphis...but it came down to them or Kentucky. Personally would prefer him at Memphis.

Also, does anyone know if Memphis is on our 2020 hoops schedule or is that just for this year? Link is below for any interested.

"James Wiseman, the No. 1-ranked prospect in the 2019 class, committed to Memphis over Kentucky on Tuesday.

Wiseman announced his decision on SportsCenter, bringing out a unicorn wearing the Memphis logo. He has been referred to as a "unicorn," like other players with his unique size and ability. He's also part of the "Unicorn fam" with elite 2020 prospects RJ Hampton and Jalen Green..."

No. 1 recruit James Wiseman going to Memphis

Will Memphis finish in the top half of the American Conference next year?
They should be a shoe in in this conference even with lackluster talent. They play a terrible schedule. I don't even know who has interest to go to any of these games: ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, UAB, UCF, and Cincy to name a few

Will Memphis finish in the top half of the American Conference next year?

Next year? Not even a question. They will this year as well. The AAC hasn't started out well, and even this year's team has more talent than most of the other teams.

Next year? Not even a question. They will this year as well. The AAC hasn't started out well, and even this year's team has more talent than most of the other teams.
I doubt they finish in the top half this year. Next year they lose almost their entire starting line up. Questionable what kind of impact these freshman will have.

I doubt they finish in the top half this year. Next year they lose almost their entire starting line up. Questionable what kind of impact these freshman will have.

I am not going to say they will make the NCAAT, but I will be surprised if they are worse than 6th in the AAC this year. Cincy, Houston, maybe UCF, and maybe UConn will compete for the top half. The rest are not good.

They start two true freshman guards this year, and both are going to be good. They will clearly have the most talent in the league next year, and it won't be close. Wiseman is a one and done, and they have a top 50 in Jeffries also committed.

VN Store

Back